PDA

View Full Version : Bills have to trade Henry

juice
04-19-2004, 04:34 PM
With NE picking up C. Dillon and adding the final missing link to their Offense how can we expect to compete in our own division much less the rest of the league with the Worst rated Offense in the AFC-East, and the possible Third best Back in the Conference.

Other teams are improving by Bounds inner- conference and we are crawling along waiting to see if Lee Evans might be our speed WR in 3 years. The Pats just got alot better with Dillon and are the favored to win it all and we are hoping not to finish dead last in the East.

A major move is in need and Travis Henry needs to be shopped around to see how desperate the Lions or even the Raiders are to have a Quick fix to their Running Woe's.

We need another 1st in the top 10 to get Ben or Phil and then at a Premier WR to fix our passing game.

We were a 6-10 team last year in a conference that will be the toughest again this year.. We failed to compete last year and the moves we've made this year wont even get us to .500 next year.

I hope TD is ready to prove what kind of Football Genius he is by capitolizing on his 1st rnd. choice from last year and let WM carry the load.

If we try and go with TH and WM... There will be a huge distraction from neither guy getting the carries he wants. Negitivity in the locker room will doom this team to being at best a .500 team.

The_Philster
04-19-2004, 04:36 PM
Going without a proven back will doom us to worse than .500. We don't have to trade Henry by any means. :cynic:

shelby
04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Henry stays. Hopefully McGahee becomes a second threat, and our running game is dominant.

Bill Brasky
04-19-2004, 04:43 PM
ridiculous man, utterly ridiculous. who the hell else can we get??? Henry is one of the best backs in the league. there is no way we should be trading him and starting an unproven back or a rookie instead of a guy who has had back-to-back 1,000 yrd seasons with this crap of an O-Line. get this thread outta my face! this trading Henry business must stop!!!!!!!

TedMock
04-19-2004, 04:45 PM
I don't think that the Bills have to trade Henry. I don't want them to trade Henry. I do think that the Bills would be nuts not to entertain a trade involving a top 6 pick. They should look at all options given Saturday and then decide.

Jan Reimers
04-19-2004, 04:50 PM
A fast WR and a stud O lineman from this draft will do a lot more for our offense than dealing our only proven RB and having to depend on a complete unknown as our every down RB.

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 04:53 PM
I guess it's time for "another" "Gotta trade Henry because you can't have 2 good players at the same position" thread by Juice.

:deadhorse

Unless you can get a team to overpay- it ain't gonna happen.

Iehoshua
04-19-2004, 04:55 PM
I don't think trading Henry is imperative, however I would be in favor of it, regardless of NE's aquisition of Dillon.

Perhaps da Raydahs may be willing to deal that 2nd overall... :drool:

The Natrix
04-19-2004, 04:57 PM
I don't think Henry HAS to be traded.

And I don't have enough information on Willis to say if Travis should be traded. If TD thinks Henry can be traded, I am in full support of it.

BAM
04-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by juice
Bills have to trade Henry

Do Not !!!

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Going without a proven back will doom us to worse than .500. We don't have to trade Henry by any means. :cynic:

How the hell does going with an unproven back doom us to below .500 ball? EVERY RB is unproven till given a shot. You have said numerous times about not being narrow minded about how Henry is the heart and soul of this team. Yet at the same time if we were to ever do a deal which I would be in favor for the right price, u say we automatically lose more than half our games. Thats ridiculous to think, and something that is completely wrong and been proven wrong time and time again. :shakeno:

Iehoshua
04-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

How the hell does going with an unproven back doom us to below .500 ball? EVERY RB is unproven till given a shot. You have said numerous times about not being narrow minded about how Henry is the heart and soul of this team. Yet at the same time if we were to ever do a deal which I would be in favor for the right price, u say we automatically lose more than half our games. Thats ridiculous to think, and something that is completely wrong and been proven wrong time and time again. :shakeno:

Very well said.

Plus, doesn't anyone recall a certain New England team winning it all with 2 proven backs? Yes, proven LOSERS. I don't think the future success of the team is anchored to Henry or even McGahee for that matter, but either could be an integral part.

Novacane
04-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Unless you can get a team to overpay- it ain't gonna happen.

That is exactly right. We don't HAVE to trade him but the people who are saying we should'nt trade him under any circumstances are wrong too. If we can get a team to overpay we should trade him. If not we should keep him.

Bill Brasky
04-19-2004, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Darth Buffalo

Very well said.

Plus, doesn't anyone recall a certain New England team winning it all with 2 proven backs? Yes, proven LOSERS. I don't think the future success of the team is anchored to Henry or even McGahee for that matter, but either could be an integral part.

That's cool, but 90% of the people on this website are *****ing because we need to focus on the run more. The coaching staff has said we are going to run ALOT and I want a guy in there that is a good RB, not somebody that is injury prone or straight out of college. Henry is GOOD, and our only bright spot on offense last year. I don't want Willis carrying the load this year, and I certainly don't want a rookie. It just amazes me that many people that post on this site are willing to trade any of our good players for the "right price" or a freakin rookie.

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman

That's cool, but 90% of the people on this website are *****ing because we need to focus on the run more. The coaching staff has said we are going to run ALOT and I want a guy in there that is a good RB, not somebody that is injury prone or straight out of college. Henry is GOOD, and our only bright spot on offense last year. I don't want Willis carrying the load this year, and I certainly don't want a rookie. It just amazes me that many people that post on this site are willing to trade any of our good players for the "right price" or a freakin rookie.

First rule of being a GM has to be that no player is untouchable any player can go for the right price. Alot of us are saying that yes we wouldnt mind seeing Henry go its not just gonna be for a sack of potatoes, its gonna be for a price thats fair to at least our team. -Sports Admin 101

Bill Brasky
04-19-2004, 05:30 PM

First rule of being a GM has to be that no player is untouchable any player can go for the right price. Alot of us are saying that yes we wouldnt mind seeing Henry go its not just gonna be for a sack of potatoes, its gonna be for a price thats fair to at least our team. -Sports Admin 101

I know, and I agree with your point. I was referring to people who say we should trade him for draft picks. That is stupid. Not only does it leave us with a RB who is coming off major knee surgery who has not played football in over a year and we don't know his capabilities as an NFL running back. And if Willis is injured again this year who do we have as a backup in a "run-heavy system" since that's what we're suppossedly doing this year. Secondly, that leaves us with another roster spot to fill. I personally don't see the logic... 13 is not a bad spot to be picking. I just think it's stupid that we are discussing trading him right now, why fix something that is not broken. This team has bigger concerns other than shopping one of our best players for more money/players.

kwharter
04-19-2004, 05:31 PM
Why is everybody jumping at the chance to trade Henry and why is everybody bashing Bledsoe. One bad year and everybody goes into panic mode like their on crack and need a quick fix or something. What good is it going to be to trade Henry for a 1st round pick this year when they won't even be able to play for a couple of years. Look I wish the Bills would make a blockbuster trade for someone but at this point they don't really have anybody to give up. So y'all want to trade Henry and be stuck with McGahee. What if McGahee is all that and then what if he is a flop. Then what are you all going to be bashing TD for trading Henry when that was what y'all wanted all along. Man look we are just going to hope that our OL does better this year and that we can find somehow to get a good WR in the draft. Yet this trading Henry stuff is rediculous I mean come on he ran for almost 700 yards after he cracked his leg and with a horrible OL and 2 of the worst coaches out there.

Bill Brasky
04-19-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by kwharter
Why is everybody jumping at the chance to trade Henry and why is everybody bashing Bledsoe. One bad year and everybody goes into panic mode like their on crack and need a quick fix or something. What good is it going to be to trade Henry for a 1st round pick this year when they won't even be able to play for a couple of years. Look I wish the Bills would make a blockbuster trade for someone but at this point they don't really have anybody to give up. So y'all want to trade Henry and be stuck with McGahee. What if McGahee is all that and then what if he is a flop. Then what are you all going to be bashing TD for trading Henry when that was what y'all wanted all along. Man look we are just going to hope that our OL does better this year and that we can find somehow to get a good WR in the draft. Yet this trading Henry stuff is rediculous I mean come on he ran for almost 700 yards after he cracked his leg and with a horrible OL and 2 of the worst coaches out there.

Somebody finally on the same page as me. Get this guy a beer.

L.A. Playa
04-19-2004, 05:35 PM
Al Davis or Matt Millen could panic now that dillon is gone and either pick Stephen Jackson earlier than expected or trade their #1 pick straight up for Travis Henry if either scenario plays itself out the Bills would be stupid not to take it think about it with the #2 pick if traded to Raiders you get either Gallery or Fitzgerald and still the # 13 pick which you could then trade down for an extra # 2 and say draft Lee Evans around whatever the eagles pick is with trading to Lions you get either Ben R or Kellen winslow and the # 13 trading Henry would improve the team if presented either the #2 or #6 straight up.

matt
04-19-2004, 05:40 PM
I dont think trading Henry is a good Idea either. However if the price is right I would trade anybody-even henry. I would take 2 firsts, (which is not unheard of, remember Ricky to the fins for 2 firsts.) Especially if Detroit is offering. I do not think the Bills are going to the superbowl with or without Henry, this is a rebuilding team not as bad as a few years ago, but if the best you can hope for is a wildcard, which we are, it would have to be a team on the rise( we are not, because we have to many old players or prime players going to be free agents this year or next) or a rebuilding team, which we are. So in conclusion if we can steal 2 firsts from a team like the lions who are a top ten pick team this year and probably next it would make sense. Will it happen, absolutely not. However last year I would have said the Bills will not pick Mcgahee.

kwharter
04-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Look why are we going to get rid of the best player on our offense besides Moulds, and for a high draft pick that might or might not be as good as we think he can be. The Bills need to make Henry and McGahee the focus of the offens and build around them. If next year McGahee turns out to be a superstar then trade Henry who I am sure will still recieve as much next year as this. He is a quality back and should be held onto until we are better in that position. If need be then trade him before the trade deadline during the season for a proven superstar and one that is going to make a difference on our team. Of course that being that McGahee is any good. But do not give up Henry for some unproven rookie, just to see if it can be a quick fix.

L.A. Playa
04-19-2004, 05:47 PM
Because Henry will not ever have higher value than right now. If Mc Gahee shines then the Bills have no bargaining chip right now you can take the ultimate gamble on Mc Gahee in saying he will be all the back and more that he was in college and trade an overrated Henry while his value is higher than it will ever be for a top 6 pick can never beat that. And yes Henry is very overrated if he is with Buffalo this year Mc Gahee will show Bills fans what a real RB is like while Henry sits the bench

juice
04-19-2004, 05:49 PM
The lesser of our three Conference rivals is favored to repeat as SB champions, we are in the NFL's toughest conference, and we have a Second Rd. RB starting over our last years 1st Rd. choice.

How are we going to improve enough as a team to compete?

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 05:51 PM
Juice what round was Terrell Smith drafted in? It doesn't matter what round you we're drafted in if you can play you can play period.

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 05:52 PM
The lesser of our three Conference rivals is favored to repeat as SB champions, we are in the NFL's toughest conference, and we have a Second Rd. RB starting over our last years 1st Rd. choice.

So, you are saying our running back situation sucks because we have 2 great running backs?

Not that I've ever found ya, but you lost me (as usual)

juice
04-19-2004, 05:57 PM
So, you are saying our running back situation sucks because we have 2 great running backs?

No I'm saying we're going to have to use one of those GREAT BACKS as TRADE BAIT to keep pace in our conference.

To find me just OPEN YOUR MIND... ELEVATION DOG.:mex:

helmetguy
04-19-2004, 05:58 PM

I guess he's saying that since WM is a first round pick, and Henry was a second-rounder, WM should inherently take the starter spot, sight virtually unseen. Not that he ever made any sense in the first place, mind you, but...

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 06:00 PM
To find me just OPEN YOUR MIND... ELEVATION DOG.:bandit:

:dizzy:

Bill Brasky
04-19-2004, 06:05 PM

WHO CARES WHAT ROUND THEY WERE DRAFTED IN?

Travis Henry - 2800 yrds - 2 seasons
Willis McGahee - 0 yrds - 1 season on the bench

Nighthawk
04-19-2004, 06:07 PM
People who believe that Henry should not be traded if we can get a top 10 pick in this draft our crazy!!! That being said, I'm not sure that we would get that much for him, but if it was a possibility...it would allow us to fill a couple of holes instead of just one. If anybody knows how McGahee's health is, that would be the Bills. If he is healthy, you need to take the chance to make our team better in the long run. Foresight people...that is what it takes to be a good team...and sometimes you have to take chances.

The Natrix
04-19-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
you have to take chances.

Exactly, but it seems some are satisfied to wallow in mediocratey. :idunno:

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 06:13 PM
No I'm saying we're going to have to use one of those GREAT BACKS as TRADE BAIT to keep pace in our conference.

To find me just OPEN YOUR MIND... ELEVATION DOG.:mex:

And what we are trying to tell you that we need one year of proof that Mcgahee is recovered- otherwise you will lose ground against our rivals.

Henry is not a perishable good. He has proven he can be an all-pro- Even if he gets half the carries and half the yards, his trade value will remain the same. The only thing that hurts his value is if he gets injured again.

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 06:15 PM
People who believe that Henry should not be traded if we can get a top 10 pick in this draft our crazy!!! That being said, I'm not sure that we would get that much for him, but if it was a possibility...it would allow us to fill a couple of holes instead of just one. If anybody knows how McGahee's health is, that would be the Bills. If he is healthy, you need to take the chance to make our team better in the long run. Foresight people...that is what it takes to be a good team...and sometimes you have to take chances.

If someone gave us a top 10 pick in this year's draft for Henry straight up, I would take it- strictly on the value- Then I'd use the 13th pick on Jackson.

Nighthawk
04-19-2004, 06:18 PM
If he gets half the carries his trade value definitely goes down...how do you figure it doesn't? People will know that you have to get rid of him and nobody will give you full value him, so your statement is absolutely false.

The Natrix
04-19-2004, 06:20 PM

If someone gave us a top 10 pick in this year's draft for Henry straight up, I would take it- strictly on the value- Then I'd use the 13th pick on Jackson.

Wow, I completely disagree. That wouldn't make any sense. I'm speechless.

justasportsfan
04-19-2004, 06:21 PM
With NE picking up C. Dillon and adding the final missing link to their Offense how can we expect to compete in our own division much less the rest of the league with the Worst rated Offense in the AFC-East, and the possible Third best Back in the Conference.

So the best way to fix our offense is to get rid of our only proven back? Sorry, logic does not compute.

We have the talent, even on O. We just need someone to put things together. Hopefully Mularkey can.

The Natrix
04-19-2004, 06:23 PM

The whole point of dealing Henry is to go with one every down back, allowing 2 other big time need positions to be filled. What would be the point of basically trading Henry for Jackson?

While we are at it, lets trade Spikes to the Jets and use the pick on Vilma. :rolleyes:

BigZ
04-19-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by juice Travis Henry needs to be shopped [/B]

:nosign:

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 06:27 PM
If he gets half the carries his trade value definitely goes down...how do you figure it doesn't? People will know that you have to get rid of him and nobody will give you full value him, so your statement is absolutely false.

Most football players are not perishable commodities. If anything, a RB with 200 less carries of wear and tear is more desireable.

Let's say you are Dallas or Arizona next season, and you have no #1 back. You are not in a position to draft one, so you need to trade for one. If someone offered you Travis Henry, would you refuse to give a 1st or 2nd round pick for a guy wh ran for 2800 yards and 25 TDs in 2 seasons?

If anyrhing, the strength of this year's draft is driving trade values down. With such great talent out there in day 1, no one wants to give up a pick. Why do you think it took so long to deal Dillon?

Only 2 things will drive Henry's value down- Injury or just plain old poor performance.

The Natrix
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM

Only 2 things will drive Henry's value down- Injury or just plain old poor performance.

You forgot

3. Another year older

4. Stronger RB draft class

L.A. Playa
04-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Henry is a serviceable back in the NFL no arguing that point but he is not and will never be an elite back in the NFL he does not hit the hole fast enough and does not make quick enough decisions he ahs heart but not enough confidence in himself, one thing most people forget about Mc gahee and his injury when comparing him to others he will have had one and half years rehab before training camp they usually came back under 9 months whic is the reason it took them longer to get healthy again Mc Gahee is fine and better than ever and definitely better than Henry trade him if and only if you are getting him straight up for a top 6 pick

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
The whole point of dealing Henry is to go with one every down back, allowing 2 other big time need positions to be filled. What would be the point of basically trading Henry for Jackson?

While we are at it, lets trade Spikes to the Jets and use the pick on Vilma. :rolleyes:

1) The point would be to get insurance for McGahee

2) Jackson is just a better back than Henry on talent anyway. Now if you want, you cvould use a 2nd rounder on insurance on a guy like Greg Jones or Perry, but why not grab this guy? Teams would overpay to get him in a year or two anyway.

The Natrix
04-19-2004, 06:32 PM
O yeah, and:

5. they will have to pay him big time money instead of getting him for very cheap for his frist year.

The_Philster
04-19-2004, 07:35 PM
No more ridiculous than saying that by having them both, all we can do is .500. It's very possible that McGahee could be a great one. But do people have that little faith in the team to be willing to give up a proven solid back on a gamble that someone MIGHT come back from an injury ok? :shakeno:

Originally posted by helmetguy
I guess he's saying that since WM is a first round pick, and Henry was a second-rounder, WM should inherently take the starter spot, sight virtually unseen. Not that he ever made any sense in the first place, mind you, but...

Yeah...no kidding. Let's trade away all our really good players for top draft picks while we're at it. People are coming up with too many dumb ideas...I just hope this week goes by fast so we can concentrate on improving the team rather than blowing it up.

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 08:16 PM

No more ridiculous than saying that by having them both, all we can do is .500. It's very possible that McGahee could be a great one. But do people have that little faith in the team to be willing to give up a proven solid back on a gamble that someone MIGHT come back from an injury ok? :shakeno:

Where did you get that from? I dont remeber myself ever actaully saying that although I would agree that we will finish 8-8 - 10-6. But thats more to do with QB, and DB's (defensive backs) then our RB's. You were so quick to criticise people bc they were willing to trade Henry to possibly get better at the RB posistion as well as get better at yet another. Keeping Henry doesnt allow us to do that but hell trading him doesnt necessairly mean that either. All im saying is this:

Willis was hurt, his knee is now 100% as reported by the doctors. He has all the potential in the world to out preform Henry. That doesnt mean he will just means that he could. Henry had 1400 yards last year on a crappy O. He did good ive said that countless times. Normally I wouldnt trade him but in a draft like this were picks are vital and the classes are so deep and we have some many holes to fill. Id rather close up 2 and possibly open up 1. Its obvious that you and I think diffrent about the importance of a 1000 yard back. I say they are too common now to really worry about it. Yet you seem to think Henry is more than that. I do not. So here is is:
Henry for a top 15 pick in the 2004 NFL draft. You better believe Id do it.

The_Philster
04-19-2004, 08:22 PM
Where did you get that from? I dont remeber myself ever actaully saying that

Where did I say you did? :huh:

If we try and go with TH and WM... There will be a huge distraction from neither guy getting the carries he wants. Negitivity in the locker room will doom this team to being at best a .500 team.

Nighthawk
04-19-2004, 08:24 PM
This is a frustrating argument...IF there was a trade out there that would give us a top 10 pick for Henry straight up, it is a no brainer. This team is not going to the SB as it stands right now. We need to look to the future and try to build with really good picks and those players are more than likely at the top of the draft. I don't understand the logic of keeping Henry when he is at his highest trade value...IF & only IF McGahee is healthy. Like I stated before, TD and the Bills know if he is and if he is and they keep Henry, it makes no sense to me. It's a waste of a tradeable commodity and that is exactly what Henry is at this point in time.

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 08:25 PM

Where did I say you did? :huh:

My mistake thought you were still referring to me, not the incomperable one.

juice
04-19-2004, 08:29 PM

That Guess would be WRONG Helmet, what I am saying is that a First Rd. pick should play if not start by Year Two.. If you dont play him your loosing value in the pick.

If you have a tradable comodity like TH who has expressed in the past his lack of willingness to share carries then the team should do what it takes to move him while the market value is high.

Indepth thought is required when making a franchise decision of this magnitude... We would all like to be as loyal a team to TH as he has been a player.. But in this age of free agency that isn't possible.. just like it will be impossible to satisfy both of these franchise backs.

The_Philster
04-19-2004, 08:32 PM
That Guess would be WRONG Helmet, what I am saying is that a First Rd. pick should play if not start by Year Two.. If you dont play him your loosing value in the pick.

and if he doesn't fully recover from his injury? I don't give a :angry: about what he does in practice. Until we see him in action against top NFL competition, he hasn't proven :censored:
If you have a tradable comodity like TH who has expressed in the past his lack of willingness to share carries then the team should do what it takes to move him while the market value is high.

link?

juice
04-19-2004, 08:41 PM
and if he doesn't fully recover from his injury? I don't give a :angry: about what he does in practice. Until we see him in action against top NFL competition, he hasn't proven :censored:

link?

Re: Henry's innitial response to the news that WM had been taken by the Bills in rd. 1.

I dont think the Bills brass would consider any trade scenerio if WM isn't 100%... all indications are that he is recovered. Where is it written that once you've injured a knee that you are more likly to have the same injury? What does 100% mean to you? All of that "What if his Knee doesn't hold up" is the most baseless arguement that has been raised.

juice
04-19-2004, 08:43 PM
incomperable

?

The_Philster
04-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Re: Henry's innitial response to the news that WM had been taken by the Bills in rd. 1.

So he's been lying ever since then saying he was ok with it? :shakeno:
All of that "What if his Knee doesn't hold up" is the most baseless arguement that has been raised.

:rofl: baseless? This isn't Madden..if we trade away Henry and McGahee's knee can't handle a pro game, we're :angry:ed. It's not like we can replay the game and use McGahee differently so he doesn't get re-injured. :lol:

helmetguy
04-19-2004, 08:57 PM
It's not like we can replay the game and use McGahee differently so he doesn't get re-injured. :lol:

If we can't do that, would we be able to go back to Draft Day and get a "do-over" on the Henry deal? OOOPS! I forgot, we got all those extra draft picks that made us soooooo much better, didn't we?

juice
04-19-2004, 08:58 PM
It's more likely he'll injure his other knee than the same one.. again I ask you what does 100% mean to you?

I dont know if you fully understand the concept of rehabilitation and recovery... A better arguement on your part would be that he has lost his confidence in his ability because of the gruesome injury.. But what you are saying has no Merit.

The_Philster
04-19-2004, 09:03 PM
It's more likely he'll injure his other knee than the same one.. again I ask you what does 100% mean to you?

I dont know if you fully understand the concept of rehabilitation and recovery... A better arguement on your part would be that he has lost his confidence in his ability because of the gruesome injury.. But what you are saying has no Merit.

100% means completely healed...but we won't know that until he's had some real contact...something he won't get in a practice. It's not like they're gonna let Bills players go after his knees. :cynic:

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:11 PM
Phil its like talking to a wall, if it makes it any type of consolation I see your point. but then again I did before too.

helmetguy
04-19-2004, 09:14 PM
Phil its like talking to a wall, if it makes it any type of consolation I see your point. but then again I did before too.

Agreed. Maybe the guy could change his usename to "The Grass is Always Greener."

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:16 PM
or "hello, your wrong Im right!"

juice
04-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Or Helmet-Too-Tight Guy... or Draft"Busts"Boy

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:23 PM

Clever but they make no sense.

STAMPY
04-19-2004, 09:25 PM

that's draft guru to you BOW

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

that's draft guru to you BOW

HAHA-

Example:
:hail: Ingstar

helmetguy
04-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Clever but they make no sense.

Ours were better.

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 09:38 PM

Ours were better.

Much

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:16 PM
So he's been lying ever since then saying he was ok with it? :shakeno:

actually, i was not encouraged at all by travis's comments after the minicamp.. you can listen to it on bb.com.. they asked him if they would be able to get along and share carries.. if he could make it work.. he said basically said ..i dont know, if it can work, i guess i will try.

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

actually, i was not encouraged at all by travis's comments after the minicamp.. you can listen to it on bb.com.. they asked him if they would be able to get along and share carries.. if he could make it work.. he said basically said ..i dont know, if it can work, i guess i will try.

That just sounds terrific.....

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:30 PM
i am on the fence about the whole henry thing.. i completely understand the people that say

"we need to see WM prove himself in a real game, not just practice."

i also understand the people that say

"we need to get value for henry while we can.. "

i have a feeling that if we had the chance to see WM play in a couple games last year and he busted out with a 5.5 yards per carry average and showed some strength on a couple goal line carries.. this whole board would be singing a different tune about trading henry.. but we didnt get that chance.

my personal opinion is that if the bills brass thinks WM is truely healthy like they say he is.. then trade henry now. this draft has an enormous amount of talent that could prove to be so valuable.

if you tell me that WM is healthy, and nothing is wrong with him, then i dont need to see him play... i am willing to take a chance on him.. the bills didnt spend a 1st on him for nothing.

it is not often that you can get value for a rb like we possibly could for TH.. TH is no better than Dillon.. in any way shape or form.. he is just a little younger and cheaper..and he got a 2nd rounder.. i would take the first, and probably trade down..

if your telling me that the doctors say WM is healthy and can play.. i would rather avoid what i feel like is going to be a very ugly situation.. i think henry has been pissed about this whole thing since wm was drafted.. he showed it right away.. the front office told him to shut the f up.. and he did.. which was easy, while WM was hurt and not even suited up... but he showed a bit of that annoyed attitude when they asked him about it at mini camp.. you think he is gonna be happy? not a freaking chance.. he may not cry to the media.. but there will be some issues in the locker room.. i just feel like that is gonna be the case.

if trading henry can net me carey and grove (by trading down from the high 1st rounder) and we can add rivers/ben and a wr like jenkins in the second.. i think our team is tons better.. even by taking a risk at RB.

Dozerdog
04-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Unfortunately, WM had a minor hamstring injury after getting off IR, so they never activated him. I bet he could have toughed it out if needed, but why bother?

TigerJ
04-19-2004, 10:34 PM
I don't advocate going out and looking to trade TH. Under some circumstances it's worth considering though. If Detroit was actually so foolish as to offer a straight up trade involving their #6 draft pick in the first round, as was rumored, then it could be a good move. A #6 draft pick is awfully valuable. It would be a high risk/high return move; high risk because McGahee is an unproven rookie coming off a major injury, and high return because Buffalo would probably be looking to use that pick on Ben Roethlisberger.

Big Ben has the potential to be the Bills QB of the future and solve the QB issue for the next decade. Should that happen, I think Buffalo trades down from #13 to pick up an extra second round pick. I think they might then pick someone like Michael Jenkins late in round one. They could use their own second round pick on Ben Watson or Ben Troupe and their acquired pick on an offensive lineman or even a running back.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:35 PM
Unfortunately, WM had a minor hamstring injury after getting off IR, so they never activated him. I bet he could have toughed it out if needed, but why bother?

to make us message board bums have something else to debate?

:idunno:

so they could determine if they wanted to trade henry.

lordofgun
04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Juice, I feel more urgency to get rid of Bledsoe than Henry.

Tatonka
04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

:gag:

:mad:

juice
04-19-2004, 10:41 PM
The Initial reaction is usually the truest. TH was pissed and he had a right to be... WM being drafted in the first meant Henry would be under tramendous pressure to play and play well or else. He had to play the majority of the season injured which he had to do or maybe be shown up by a WM who came into activation saying he was 100%.

TH would not have played with th major injuries he had this year if he wasn't looking over his shoulder... The season was going down the Crapper by week 6. He should have been able to sit out when injured like Moulds. He was playing for his job as far as he knew.

If Travis's carries are all of a sudden cut by a third for WM to prove himself then Henry probably feel Jilted and used as a pawn by the team. This situation is leading to a RB controversy.. and thats made obvious by the way Bills fans are divided on the issue.

juice
04-19-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun

Gun.. We can talk about that once we get Phil or Ben in here Draftday.
Originally posted by Tatonka
to make us message board bums have something else to debate?

:idunno:

so they could determine if they wanted to trade henry.

Or to keep Henry on the field the entire season, hurt or not, to put together a good audition season... In other words to get the bidding up.

Mr. Cynical
04-19-2004, 10:55 PM
My take:

Scenario 1: If TD gets a straight up trade offer with TH for a top 10 pick, he should do it. We'd have a #(5-10) and a #13 in a very solid draft year. That's worth more than TH will ever be, regardless of his past performance. We'd be able to get 2 top talents for need positions, e.g., QB (most urgent priority) and WR.

Scenario 2: If TD gets an offer to move up by using TH and our #13, it would have to be for Ben IMO. Otherwise I don't think I would do it. Losing TH and our #13 has to be for a franchise-building player.

Other than those two scenarios, I don't see a need to trade TH. Getting a high 2nd rounder for him is probably "true value", but at that point I'd rather have him on the roster in case WM doesn't come through.

T-Long
04-19-2004, 11:01 PM
I have no idea why ppl ***** about trading HENRY...Rb's are easy to come by if you have a good o-line and we are in the process of solidifying a good O-line. Corey Dillon ran for 1000 yards for 6 straight seasons with the BUNGLES!!! COME ON!! If we can trade Henry and grab Big Ben and grab Lee Evans in the 2nd we are in good shape

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Lee Evans will go in the 1st especially now if Mike Williams in found ineligible.

juice
04-20-2004, 11:09 AM
We're going to have to make a move of some type of move to bring in the quality players we need to CATCH UP with the rest of the AFC-EAST... a DE and a OL in the first two or three rds. aren't enough.

We cant even get Evans in the second now...

Nighthawk
04-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Wow, doesn't this thread make a good read! I wonder how many people are out there now saying that Henry's value won't be hurt if we kept him? Should've traded him when his value was at it's highes point. You need to take risks and have foresight, the Bills didn't really do that this time around. We'll see how it plays out...hopefully, TD can get something done at the draft!

juice
04-20-2005, 09:52 PM
My mistake thought you were still referring to me, not the incomperable one.Incomperable ThrowBack-Thread ~ Instant Classic

Tatonka
04-20-2005, 10:11 PM
We cant even get Evans in the second now...

:hockey: