X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

Bills have to trade Henry

With NE picking up C. Dillon and adding the final missing link to their Offense how can we expect to compete in our own division much less the rest of the league with the Worst rated Offense in the AFC-East, and the possible Third best Back in the Conference.

Other teams are improving by Bounds inner- conference and we are crawling along waiting to see if Lee Evans might be our speed WR in 3 years. The Pats just got alot better with Dillon and are the favored to win it all and we are hoping not to finish dead last in the East.

A major move is in need and Travis Henry needs to be shopped around to see how desperate the Lions or even the Raiders are to have a Quick fix to their Running Woe's.

We need another 1st in the top 10 to get Ben or Phil and then at a Premier WR to fix our passing game.

We were a 6-10 team last year in a conference that will be the toughest again this year.. We failed to compete last year and the moves we've made this year wont even get us to .500 next year.

I hope TD is ready to prove what kind of Football Genius he is by capitolizing on his 1st rnd. choice from last year and let WM carry the load.

If we try and go with TH and WM... There will be a huge distraction from neither guy getting the carries he wants. Negitivity in the locker room will doom this team to being at best a .500 team.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Going without a proven back will doom us to worse than .500. We don't have to trade Henry by any means.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Henry stays. Hopefully McGahee becomes a second threat, and our running game is dominant.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

ridiculous man, utterly ridiculous. who the hell else can we get??? Henry is one of the best backs in the league. there is no way we should be trading him and starting an unproven back or a rookie instead of a guy who has had back-to-back 1,000 yrd seasons with this crap of an O-Line. get this thread outta my face! this trading Henry business must stop!!!!!!!

Comment

• TedMock
          • Jul 2002

I don't think that the Bills have to trade Henry. I don't want them to trade Henry. I do think that the Bills would be nuts not to entertain a trade involving a top 6 pick. They should look at all options given Saturday and then decide.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

A fast WR and a stud O lineman from this draft will do a lot more for our offense than dealing our only proven RB and having to depend on a complete unknown as our every down RB.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

I guess it's time for "another" "Gotta trade Henry because you can't have 2 good players at the same position" thread by Juice.

Unless you can get a team to overpay- it ain't gonna happen.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                • Jan 2003

I don't think trading Henry is imperative, however I would be in favor of it, regardless of NE's aquisition of Dillon.

Perhaps da Raydahs may be willing to deal that 2nd overall...

Comment

• The Natrix
                  • Jul 2002

I don't think Henry HAS to be traded.

And I don't have enough information on Willis to say if Travis should be traded. If TD thinks Henry can be traded, I am in full support of it.
                  Last edited by The Natrix; 04-19-2004, 05:00 PM.

Byrd.

Comment

• BAM
                    • Sep 2003

Re: Bills have to trade Henry

Originally posted by juice
                    Bills have to trade Henry
                    Do Not !!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      Going without a proven back will doom us to worse than .500. We don't have to trade Henry by any means.
                      How the hell does going with an unproven back doom us to below .500 ball? EVERY RB is unproven till given a shot. You have said numerous times about not being narrow minded about how Henry is the heart and soul of this team. Yet at the same time if we were to ever do a deal which I would be in favor for the right price, u say we automatically lose more than half our games. Thats ridiculous to think, and something that is completely wrong and been proven wrong time and time again.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Iehoshua
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy

How the hell does going with an unproven back doom us to below .500 ball? EVERY RB is unproven till given a shot. You have said numerous times about not being narrow minded about how Henry is the heart and soul of this team. Yet at the same time if we were to ever do a deal which I would be in favor for the right price, u say we automatically lose more than half our games. Thats ridiculous to think, and something that is completely wrong and been proven wrong time and time again.
                        Very well said.

Plus, doesn't anyone recall a certain New England team winning it all with 2 proven backs? Yes, proven LOSERS. I don't think the future success of the team is anchored to Henry or even McGahee for that matter, but either could be an integral part.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog

Unless you can get a team to overpay- it ain't gonna happen.

That is exactly right. We don't HAVE to trade him but the people who are saying we should'nt trade him under any circumstances are wrong too. If we can get a team to overpay we should trade him. If not we should keep him.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Darth Buffalo

Very well said.

Plus, doesn't anyone recall a certain New England team winning it all with 2 proven backs? Yes, proven LOSERS. I don't think the future success of the team is anchored to Henry or even McGahee for that matter, but either could be an integral part.
                            That's cool, but 90% of the people on this website are *****ing because we need to focus on the run more. The coaching staff has said we are going to run ALOT and I want a guy in there that is a good RB, not somebody that is injury prone or straight out of college. Henry is GOOD, and our only bright spot on offense last year. I don't want Willis carrying the load this year, and I certainly don't want a rookie. It just amazes me that many people that post on this site are willing to trade any of our good players for the "right price" or a freakin rookie.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

That's cool, but 90% of the people on this website are *****ing because we need to focus on the run more. The coaching staff has said we are going to run ALOT and I want a guy in there that is a good RB, not somebody that is injury prone or straight out of college. Henry is GOOD, and our only bright spot on offense last year. I don't want Willis carrying the load this year, and I certainly don't want a rookie. It just amazes me that many people that post on this site are willing to trade any of our good players for the "right price" or a freakin rookie.

First rule of being a GM has to be that no player is untouchable any player can go for the right price. Alot of us are saying that yes we wouldnt mind seeing Henry go its not just gonna be for a sack of potatoes, its gonna be for a price thats fair to at least our team. -Sports Admin 101
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X