PDA

View Full Version : come on guys...

JefftheBillsfan
04-19-2004, 08:18 PM
we take pride as being smart, knowledgable fans. Tom Donahoe isn't going to freak out and change his draft day plans with less than a week to go because the Patriots added a RB, and neither should we. I ask you, did you really believe a scenario existed in which the Pats didn't add a premier back? If it wasn't Dillon, they would have traded up for Jackson IMO. Granted, they wouldn't of had to give up as much, but Dillon isnt a spring chicken anymore and could be a financial as well as lockerroom headache. I would have liked for them to have to give up a little more, but I'm just saying, they were gonna get a premier RB 1 way or the other. I honestly don't think we were better than the Pats before, and as of now, still arent, IMO. I still think we have a legit chance for a split though. But, I think everyone should just calm down...a tad.

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 08:20 PM
I agree TD is going to do the best for the team not what we feel will be the best. The Draft can't come quick enough!:up::beers:

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 08:26 PM
Agreed! Well said Jeff!

JefftheBillsfan
04-19-2004, 08:34 PM
oh and, a good way to play a good running team, is to counter it with a good rushing attack against it. trading a franchise rb wouldn't help the cause. im not saying its not a possibility still, because it should be, but i dont want to hear, the reasoning of the pats got dillon, so NOW we have to deal henry?

DraftBoy
04-19-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
oh and, a good way to play a good running team, is to counter it with a good rushing attack against it. trading a franchise rb wouldn't help the cause. im not saying its not a possibility still, because it should be, but i dont want to hear, the reasoning of the pats got dillon, so NOW we have to deal henry?

Damn Jeff your on a role tonight...But once again I totally agree. I would deal Henry for the right price not bc NE got Dillon. That makes no sense to me.

juice
04-19-2004, 08:47 PM
They still have TWO FIRST RD. PICKS.. they were already a level above us in overall team talent and I dont think the addition of Dillon has done anything to diminish this SB Champions overall team talent level.

We need more picks in the 1st more than we need the security of Two Franchise Backs in one Backfield.

The Spaz
04-19-2004, 08:48 PM
It's not the level of talent they have it's how they use it and our talent has been misused conciderably.

Turf
04-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
It's not the level of talent they have it's how they use it and our talent has been misused conciderably.

I definitely agree with that.

juice
04-19-2004, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

They are a better team.. with more talent at key positions.. and have had better coaching... These things separate a 6-10 team from a SB champion.