PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Wire?

Romes
10-20-2002, 07:39 PM
It seemed as though he got benched for Billy Jenkins today and Jenkins played pretty well. I wonder if Jenkins will be starting SS? and when, if they will, give Wire another chance? What, in your opinion should GW do? start Jenkins or Wire?

:feedback:

Novacane
10-20-2002, 07:42 PM
Give Jenkins more time and work Wire in on running downs. They tried to rush WIre IMO and it hurt the D

Kelly The Dog
10-20-2002, 07:46 PM
I could be wrong because it is difficult to see on TV but it seemed to me they were both playing a lot at times. When we went to 5 DBs they seemed to play Jenkins and Wire, and Bostic saw little action. Without being able to see all the players on the field I am not positive but it seemed that way to me and that it was a terrific plan. So we wouldnt have a rookie in there, and so jenkins could still be tough on the run if they went to Wickey.

4thAndLong
10-20-2002, 07:47 PM
I dont know if we were watching the same game, the only time he mentioned Jenkins was when he got beat by Williams on the screen.

Jenkins did bad, IMO. the 46 D is a D where the SS plays mostly run support, and I didn't hear Jenkins in on any tackles.

Ð
10-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Wire's got potential, but he's inconsistent. His heart's sure in every play, but I question if his head is.

Anyway, he's a rook, so cut him some slack. I'm sure he was benched to fire him up.

mybills
10-20-2002, 07:55 PM
I saw Wire in more action than Jenkins...does that tell you anything? :scratch:

Rebecky
10-20-2002, 07:58 PM
My first chance to actually see Wire in action: this guy looks very, very FAST! I noticed him early on fly across the field to make a real pretty tackle after Prileau (sp?) missed. Even if he is an inexperienced rookie, looked to me like he has some talent.

In what ways is he inconsistent?

ublinkwescore
10-20-2002, 08:18 PM
It's Prioleau (I think)

Ingtar33
10-20-2002, 08:26 PM
Wire, Jenkins and Prioleau were all on the field at the same time when the Bills went to their Dime, and in the second half sometimes when the Bills were in their Nickel. In essence the Bills are more comfortable with Jenkins than with their nickle/dime backs.

Billsbabee
10-21-2002, 08:18 AM
I'm impressed with Wire considering he's a rookie. He's got some learning to do and can improve in many areas but is doing a better than sufficient job IMO. Not outstanding or great though. Just think how much he'll be improved by his 2nd year next year. I'm excited for him.

And I hear he has a nice butt too. :hump: I'll find out soon enough when I arrive in Buff for the Squish Da Fish game in December. I can't wai to meet a bunch of you.

Earthquake Enyart
10-21-2002, 08:50 AM
I think they played Jenkins more in the second half when the fish abandoned the run. Wire stuffed Rickey early a couple of times and he plays the run well.

mybills
10-21-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
It's Prioleau (I think)

actually, it's spelled Priloeau ;)

Romes
10-21-2002, 02:59 PM
I found this in a Buffalo News article:
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20021021/1004570.asp

Veteran strong safety Billy Jenkins got extensive playing time for the first time this season. Rookie Coy Wire started but was pulled from the game after giving up a couple of big plays.

"You could see Coy was jacked up and he was trying to make the play happen rather than letting it come to him," said defensive coordinator Jerry Gray. "I just took him out to settle him down a little bit."

Jenkins and Wire were in on three tackles each and played well in run support

So Wire was taken out a bit. But it sounds like just little rookie mistakes that can be easily overcome.

Buffarama
10-21-2002, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a "Coy" move........

NC-BILLS44
10-21-2002, 03:11 PM
I think he may have been beaten by McMichael a couple of times early. Did you notice that McMichael didn't do much in the second half?

SABURZFAN
10-21-2002, 03:15 PM
he's a rookie.we knew he'd make mistakes.he'll be fine in years to come.

venis2k1
10-21-2002, 03:38 PM
i agree, i still think in a few year, we will look at him, and mcmichel as the steals of the draft