PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman

mypoorfriendme
04-20-2004, 12:46 AM
On The Clocks profile of JP Losman...

Other than big Ben R-Berger, the quarterback with the most overall athletic ability just might be Tulane's JP Losman. Big and agile, with good speed, Losman can make all the throws and has good accuracy to go along with the all-important ability to maintain that accuracy while on the move. Unfortunately, he doesn't always play like his breakdowns and profiles say he should. He's simply not as productive as he should be. Perhaps that's merely a by-product of playing on a subpar team, but there seems to be something bigger afoot. Something more wrong. Losman might end up a coach-killer, a guy who can have big games, and tease a coach to the ultimate ruin of both careers. See Rob Johnson.

most say theyd be estatic with losman in rd 2. first i think its ironic that they compare him to rob johnson, but more over, i am just not sold on losman, even if it is in rd 2. he seems over rated to me and i just have a bad feeling about him...this article only makes it worse.

can someone convince me otherwise? i have a feeling he may be our pick in rd 2, and i dont want to be pissed if hes a bill

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 12:59 AM
he is not rob johnson. period.

losman is perhaps the toughest of all the qbs in the draft.. he has a jim kelly mentality.. not johnson's...

he played behind one of the worst olines in all of college football.. his whole career there.. can you name one offensive threat on his team? no.. that is because there wasnt any.. other than him.

he is confident.. he has a kind arrogance about him that kelly used to have. he thinks he can win the game.. the rumors about him being all athlete and no brains is way off too. first off he scored above a 30 on his wonderlic. also, in an interview with sean salsberry on espn radio, he talked about how he sat with losman for 1.5 hours and he let losman break down game film of nlf teams. apparently he has been doing this for a while. he did very well and salsberry actually said he thinks he will be the most successful qb.

the guy has an arm like farves. he runs like mcnair (at least that good but probably better w/ 4.6 speed).. and the confidence of kelly.

sure, he will lose some games because he through a pick trying to win the game.. kelly did that too. but the guy also has the lowest td to int rate in school history. he does not turn the ball over much, showing good decision making.

he was also voted team captain by his own team 3 years in a row. if he was a ***** w/ an attitude problem, would that happen?

if he is there in the 2nd, i am all for him.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 01:00 AM
that profile from on the clock sucks a fat one.

Dozerdog
04-20-2004, 01:03 AM
3 years in a row? Pretty good considering he backed up Ramsey in 2001

Dozerdog
04-20-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
that profile from on the clock sucks a fat one.

A side note-

Some of the site admins there are from the New Orleans area. I should know, we are partnered with them. I don't know if Tulane's performance or their rooting interests have any impact on their takes, or if it's accurate considering they see him a lot more than the average prospect.

Compare their notes on other Tulane and LSU prospects.

B-DON
04-20-2004, 01:52 AM
we better take him in the second if he is still available

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-20-2004, 05:52 AM
From what I have heard he spent a lot of time in the shotgun and will actually need work taking snaps over center. I would like Losman in the second.

Jan Reimers
04-20-2004, 07:07 AM
He's an athletic QB. He's from Southern California. Ergo, he's another Rob Johnson. How STUPID is that? Some of these alleged draft experts ought to be horse whipped.

I think he'll go well before we pick in the second round, so we better do a little trading if we want him. I think he's going to be very good.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
3 years in a row? Pretty good considering he backed up Ramsey in 2001

oop.. that was my bad. 2 year starter. sorry.. i was into my "he not rob johnson" mode.

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 08:05 AM
I would actually trade down in rd 1 and take him there to be perfectly honest. Any pick below 20 and id grab him and Grove in the rd 2. Then we get the shotgun snapping C, and prolly the most athletic and complete quaterback of the bunch.

To add more on Losman the one thing I really like about him is his attitude. He is cocky and I like it. Hes also a self-motivator on the field, a real general. If you mess up and miss a block or drop a perfect pass you better believe he's gonna be in your face about it. Yet at the same time he is also gonna be the one pumping up his team on the sidelines and giving those halftime pep talks TV has made ohhh so popular. He is a team leader out there and has been compared to Phillip Rivers in this regard. Hes gonna fight to the end and I see him as the ideal QB for Buffalo. Only 3 QB's I want on DAY 1: Ben, Rivers, and Losman. If not them wait till DAY 2.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 08:41 AM
:up:

BigZ
04-20-2004, 09:10 AM
Great thread. The Rob Johnson comparison scared me but I really liked what Tatonka had to say (and his enthusiasm).

The other thing we need to keep in mind is that we've got some of the best coaches in the league (MM, Clements, Wyche) to coach whatever prospect we get. Thats why if TD can't get who he wants at the price he wants, we might just wait until the second day and still wind up with a good talent.

:up: