PDA

View Full Version : Another Schobel ready for NFL

The Spaz
04-20-2004, 06:59 AM
NFL draft parties are becoming a nearly annual event in Columbus, Texas.

Three years ago, it was in Aaron Schobel's honor when the Buffalo Bills in the second round selected the defensive end from Texas Christian University. In 2002, it was TCU tight end Matt who got the call from the Bengals in the third round.

The Schobel household will be filled again this weekend, this time waiting to see which team picks Bo Schobel -- Aaron and Matt's cousin who's a defensive end out of, where else, TCU -- and gives the family a trio of players on NFL rosters.

"I'm hoping he's over here," said Matt as he looked around the Bengals' locker room Monday. "We're excited about seeing where he's going to be, getting a chance to look at the schedule and see if we play each other, stuff like that. Hopefully he's here but, if not, I wish him the best. I know he's a good player and he's going to have a good career."

Most draft projections have Bo Schobel being taken in the third or fourth rounds. He set a TCU record last season with 17 sacks for 101 yards in losses, added another 27 stops for loss, three forced fumbles (two against the University of Cincinnati) and two fumble recoveries. He was a finalist for the Hendricks Award, given to the nation's top collegiate defensive end, while helping the Horned Frogs gain national notoriety for winning their first nine games before finishing the season 10-2.

http://www.cincypost.com/2004/04/20/schobel04-20-2004.html

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 07:31 AM
i really wouldnt mind having him at all. i think that it may also play a slight factor in keeping aaron as well after this season.

ryjam282
04-20-2004, 07:37 AM
I really don't think that Aaron is going anywhere after this year. He will definitely give us the Moulds hometown discount, I believe. He just doesn't seem like that kind of guy. He will stay a Bill.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 09:15 AM
i wouldnt bet on that.