PDA

View Full Version : chargers start negotiating contract number w/ Manning and Gallery

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 07:58 AM
This is a huge decision.. if they dont go with eli, that could net the bills a QB.. if they do.. then we probably wont get a qb.

Chargers | Negotiations with Manning to Begin - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:59:07 -0700

Jim Trotter, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers team negotiator Ed McGuire has informed QB Eli Manning (Mississippi) that he will be in contact with his representatives Wednesday, April 21, to begin discussions on contract parameters. The Chargers, because they have the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft, are allowed to negotiate with players. Barring a trade, they are expected to select Manning. Team GM A.J. Smith said he'd prefer to have a deal done before the draft begins, but didn't say whether or not it would have an influence on which player the team selects.

Chargers | Negotiations with Gallery to Begin - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 02:58:08 -0700

Jim Trotter, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers team negotiator Ed McGuire has informed OT Robert Gallery (Iowa) that he will be in contact with his representatives Wednesday, April 21, to begin discussions on contract parameters. The Chargers, because they have the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft, are allowed to negotiate with players. Barring a trade, the Chargers are expected to select QB Eli Manning (Mississippi). Team GM A.J. Smith said he'd prefer to have a deal done before the draft begins, but didn't say whether or not it would have an influence on which player the team selects.

Ebenezer
04-20-2004, 08:01 AM
told clump yesterday that if the pick is not traded by Thursday that they were going to keep it...

Gallery is the pick...

ryjam282
04-20-2004, 08:34 AM
Gallery, Gallery....Come on Marty, don't be an idiot. LT2 needs a stud LT to block for him

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 08:37 AM
i really think it is gonna be gallery too.. and if it is.. rivers will be a bill.

lordofgun
04-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
told clump yesterday that if the pick is not traded by Thursday that they were going to keep it...

Gallery is the pick...

Clump lost a bet last year. MAybe this year he will too. :snicker:

matt
04-20-2004, 11:06 AM
I dont think san diego at number 1 has any impact on the qb for bills. Simply because Arizona or da raiders will take manning if the chargers take gallery, the giants are the true holders of the qb situation for the Bills. If they trade up with the chargers to take eli, then the chargers will drop and take rivers. If they stay where they are they probably( but not absolutely) take Big Ben. Also a chance that the steelers will trade down, leaving Rivers to the Bills. No, because if the Steelers trade down it will be with a team trying to get ahead of the Bills to get Rivers.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 11:20 AM
i dont think that the raiders or arizona take manning.

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Raiders have Tuiasoppo and Cardinals are set with McCown

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 11:28 AM
if either was so dead set on a qb, they would go for big ben just as easy.

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Heres a question. We are there at 13 and Rivers is there GB wants him bad so they offer us there pick, their 2nd and a 4th for the 13th overall. Do you take it and grab Losman at their pick?? I think I would jump to be perfectly honest. Rivers is better but we need the depth, and I dont see Losman as that far behind him.

The Spaz
04-20-2004, 11:33 AM
Christ it's only ****ing Tuesday!!!!!!!!!:dizzy:

baalworship
04-20-2004, 11:37 AM
I thought the Chargers would take Gallery until yesterday. They had a sports writer from San Diego on WGR last night and he said that the Chargers stadium lease ends in 2006. They need a new stadium built and in order to get fans excited Manning makes more sense.

I am glad because I was worried that the Chargers would trade down and take Rivers.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Heres a question. We are there at 13 and Rivers is there GB wants him bad so they offer us there pick, their 2nd and a 4th for the 13th overall. Do you take it and grab Losman at their pick?? I think I would jump to be perfectly honest. Rivers is better but we need the depth, and I dont see Losman as that far behind him.

in a heartbeat i would do the deal.

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 11:44 AM
thats what I thought. I think somebody is liking Losman more than they originally thought.

Mr. Miyagi
04-20-2004, 12:20 PM
I would take it too.

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
in a heartbeat i would do the deal.

ditto, that'd be great!

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 12:29 PM
thats what I thought. I think somebody is liking Losman more than they originally thought.

i think early on i bought into the all athlete no brains bit.. but after seeing his wonderlic score and hearing sean salsberry talk about him after he their interview... i have definately grown to see the value in him more.

i wont be unhappy with any of the top 4 guys. but if we can get a top 4 guy AND extra 2nd and 4 round picks? easy decision.

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 01:12 PM
Of course

Mr. Cynical
04-20-2004, 01:32 PM

I don't think I'd do it. I want either Ben or Rivers at this point to start the re-building process of the offense in earnest. We desperately need a franchise QB, and although there are certainly no guarantees with anything, the probability of Rivers being better than Losman is higher.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 01:38 PM
that is not a probability..

can you show it to me in any tangible form? other than varying opinions of different scouts and fans?

nope.

dirtydeeling
11-19-2005, 09:49 AM
This is a huge decision.. if they dont go with eli, that could net the bills a QB.. if they do.. then we probably wont get a qb.

Chargers | Negotiations with Manning to Begin - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)

Jim Trotter, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers team negotiator Ed McGuire has informed QB Eli Manning (Mississippi) that he will be in contact with his representatives Wednesday, April 21, to begin discussions on contract parameters. The Chargers, because they have the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft, are allowed to negotiate with players. Barring a trade, they are expected to select Manning. Team GM A.J. Smith said he'd prefer to have a deal done before the draft begins, but didn't say whether or not it would have an influence on which player the team selects.

Chargers | Negotiations with Gallery to Begin - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)

Jim Trotter, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports San Diego Chargers team negotiator Ed McGuire has informed OT Robert Gallery (Iowa) that he will be in contact with his representatives Wednesday, April 21, to begin discussions on contract parameters. The Chargers, because they have the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft, are allowed to negotiate with players. Barring a trade, the Chargers are expected to select QB Eli Manning (Mississippi). Team GM A.J. Smith said he'd prefer to have a deal done before the draft begins, but didn't say whether or not it would have an influence on which player the team selects.

dirtydeeling
11-19-2005, 09:49 AM

Chargers | Negotiations with Manning to Begin - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)

Chargers | Negotiations with Gallery to Begin - from www.KFFL.com (http://www.KFFL.com)

Hey everybody. have you seen bill at charger bill +11 Check it out xxxxxxxxxxxxxx these people are right up there with there line been always upgraded i think that this line is going to go down a little .Bills is 4 wins 5 lost while the chargers is 5wins 4lost . I think the bill will put up a very strong fight ,check its out XXXXXxxxxxxxxxx

dannyek71
11-19-2005, 11:21 AM
huh

hydro
11-19-2005, 12:00 PM
this guy is a major tool