X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Very cool story!!!

So we went to Don Pablo’s for dinner last night. Right before we left, my wife made mention of Riley’s shoes being too big and that she was afraid that she might trip. So we leave the restaurant and just past the door, one of her shoes fell off, unbeknownst to us!

So we get to the car and I’m putting Madison into her car seat and Carrie is putting Riley into her car seat and I hear Carrie say, “Excuse me?” Well I look up and Drew Friggin Bledsoe is walking toward our car with Riley’s shoe in his hand! He says, “She lost her shoe”

My wife said, “Oh thanks” as I was crapping myself!

Turns out he was eating in the bar area and just happened to see it fall off.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

holy crap!

we should extend his contract!

i am just kidding.. that is actually pretty cool that he would take the time to get up and do that.. but he is a dad of three.. so he gets it.

thats cool though. i have always said that drew is a great guy.. just not
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• cordog
      eat, drink, and be merry
      • Apr 2003

wow thats cool as hell

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

After he turned and was walking away, I look at Carrie and said, “That looked like Drew Bledsoe” Not being a huge football fan she said that she thought it was him but didn’t want to say something to me and have me be like, what are you talking about?

The thing that had me unsure at first was that he had kind of big hair up top. Kind of like the new style. But then I drove by the front of the building and this 6-5 guy who looked just like Drew Bledsoe was eating dinner with a guy who looked exactly like Alex Van Pelt. So that pretty much sealed the deal for me. My wife wanted me to go back in but I didn’t want to bother them.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

are you saying drew had a gay haircut? savior is gonna get banned again if he sees that you made fun of his big hair.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Yeah, not a big fan of the new hair!
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Drew's a cool guy.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                Legendary Zoner
                • Jul 2002

Man, you coulda had a zone exclusive on the front page.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                  • Jul 2002

Great story.

I often err on the side of caution with celebs and athletes. The last thing in the world I want to do is give props to a look-alike.

So it's usually 5 minutes later that it sinks in. That REALLY was so and so...

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by billsfanone
                    Great story.

I often err on the side of caution with celebs and athletes. The last thing in the world I want to do is give props to a look-alike.

So it's usually 5 minutes later that it sinks in. That REALLY was so and so...
                    Exactly! The hair made him look young and I didn't want to give props to some dude!

But just like you said, a few minutes later esp. after seeing AVP, I knew it was him!
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                      Exactly! The hair made him look young and I didn't want to give props to some dude!

But just like you said, a few minutes later esp. after seeing AVP, I knew it was him!

And then you don't want to seem like some giddy fan. I know the feeling!!!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777

Don Pablo's have a smorgasbord?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

He was holding up the menu on a clipboard for DB

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

The season that we first got Drew, I had taken the family and a couple nieces to the Erie County Fair. As the afternoon wore on and I was almost completely worn out from being there almost all day, I noticed a large black man who looked vaguely familiar. I was in the small children area and this gentleman had a small child of his own. I glanced over a couple of times and thought he looked a lot like Ruben Brown. At the time, Ruben had an injury to his leg, so I thought it COULD be him. The Bills were at training camp just an hour and a half down the road. Well, I then turned around and who is standing about five feet from me was Drew Bledsoe. Now I know it is Ruben because they start talking to each other. I saw a couple of guys walk up to him and shake his hand, wish him luck, thank him for comming to Buffalo, etc. I didn't want to look like some star struck oaf, so I just let it go. As I walked around with my kids to the different other rides, it seemed that every time I turned around that he was right there. I even had a running joke with my wife that he was following me. I just gave him his space because he was out with a couple of his kids and his father. I'll tell you something though. He is one big SOB.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

i met jim kelly 2 times.. and i was still a young teenager.. he was the biggest man i ever remember.

Comment

Working...
                              X