PDA

View Full Version : Player Perspective of Draft Weekend

The Spaz
04-20-2004, 10:08 AM
For many football fans draft weekend is an anticipated time, a chance to get together with friends, but for current NFL players it's a time to sit back and let the front office do their job.

"We put our trust and faith in Mr. Donahoe and Mr. Modrak," said Bills guard Ross Tucker. "I think we're all confident that they are going to look at it from a business perspective and do what they think is in the best interest of the organization. Hopefully they can help make our team stronger and continue to get us more and more good players so we can have a winning season."

"We believe in what Mr. Donahoe and Coach Mularkey are doing and we go along with the plan," veteran tight end Mark Campbell said.

Since the players do not have any input on the draft they don't give it much thought.

"I hardly follow the draft, not even last year when I got drafted," said Lauvale Sape, 2003 sixth round pick. "Now that I'm in the NFL I just have to do what I normally do and see what happens because I'm not in control of the draft."

"As a player you can only control what you can do," Campbell said. "There is no point in worrying. Whatever happens with the Draft happens and hopefully it makes us better."

Making their team better through the draft is the player's main concern.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=240824

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

"I hardly follow the draft, not even last year when I got drafted," said Lauvale Sape, 2003 sixth round pick. "Now that I'm in the NFL I just have to do what I normally do and see what happens because I'm not in control of the draft."

Based on his wonderlic score im surprised he even knew he was drafted.

The Spaz
04-20-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

Based on his wonderlic score im surprised he even knew he was drafted.

So true I really hated that pick!

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 11:23 AM
The draft last year was horrible. Nothing to get excited about for any team unlike this years draft.

L.A. Playa
04-20-2004, 11:29 AM
The players perspective of draft day really is " I hope they don't draft my replacement in this years draft" LMAO thats why Henry was so bummed about Mc Gahee being picked, I never heard a player with such low self esteem as Travis Henry yes he had a good year and showed heart but he still is not THE MAN