PDA

View Full Version : wait it out

bills_7
04-20-2004, 11:37 AM
I know alot of u wanna trade henry....
and there are others who dont....

what do u think if we wait tell week 4-5 or before week 6 anyway and see if we can trade him for a star WR or any position in need at the point in time......

this way we can aleast see how WM plays although it will still probably be to early to tell if he is a going to be a superstar or not....

any thoughts?

juice
04-20-2004, 11:50 AM
WM is a stud... he'll ave. at least 4.5/carry... TD has to make a trade now to maximize and capitolize on this deep Draft class.

Novacane
04-20-2004, 01:09 PM
trade him now or else wait until next offseason

BigZ
04-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Wait until next offseason. Not a lot of midseason trades actually happen.

The_Philster
04-20-2004, 03:40 PM
Wait til midseason or next offseason if we trade him. A team may be in need of a star running back a few weeks into the season and we can dictate the terms. That being said, I'd rather we kept him, period.

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 04:20 PM
im a big Henry fan, but if we're going to trade him, it might be smart to do it now. if we wait til the end of this coming season, henry's stats wont be there since he'll be splitting time with willis. his value wont be as high after the season as it is right now. maybe we could use our 3rd rounder on a rb incase willis falls thru

The_Philster
04-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by pepperkorn
im a big Henry fan, but if we're going to trade him, it might be smart to do it now. if we wait til the end of this coming season, henry's stats wont be there since he'll be splitting time with willis. his value wont be as high after the season as it is right now. maybe we could use our 3rd rounder on a rb incase willis falls thru
and how do we know that 3rd rounder wouldn't suck as well?

juice
04-20-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
and how do we know that 3rd rounder wouldn't suck as well?

If that's the case then we rely on our passing game that would be vastly improved because of the addition of a Premier WR at pick #13.

I know it's all hypothetical... But so is an athlete like WM coming in and being a complete bust or as you put it SUCK.

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by juice
If that's the case then we rely on our passing game that would be vastly improved because of the addition of a Premier WR at pick #13.

I know it's all hypothetical... But so is an athlete like WM coming in and being a complete bust or as you put it SUCK.

good point

The_Philster
04-20-2004, 06:40 PM
No it isn't. :shakeno: A neophyte could see through that piss-poor logic.

A passing game doesn't succeed just because you have good WRs...without the threat of a running attack, defenses can tee off on the QB and eliminate the passing game.
:shakeno: Football 101 Basics

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 06:53 PM
Did you see NE play last year? Or Oakland the year before that?

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 06:55 PM
Most times I would agree with you, closed case argument that if you dont have a running game you wont succeed. Yes, you're more likely to succeed with a balanced offense, but there are exceptions.

Canadian'eh!
04-20-2004, 07:01 PM
Trade him f we can get into the top 5, 6 max. It's worth the risk.

juice
04-20-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
No it isn't. :shakeno: A neophyte could see through that piss-poor logic.

A passing game doesn't succeed just because you have good WRs...without the threat of a running attack, defenses can tee off on the QB and eliminate the passing game.
:shakeno: Football 101 Basics

An effective passing attack can go a long way to set up an effecient run game.. NE last year for example or the Raiders the year before. Calculated risks are how you improve.

Above ave. RB will be plentiful in next years draft as well.

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 07:47 PM
An effective passing attack can go a long way to set up an effecient run game.. NE last year for example or the Raiders the year before. Calculated risks are how you improve.

Above ave. RB will be plentiful in next years draft as well.

Wonderful post! see mine a few earlier, ha ha

The_Philster
04-20-2004, 07:54 PM
so we'll have a great running game with Joe Burns..ok...I understand now.

That Guy
04-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Yeah... that really only works with the Broncos..

Mahdi
04-20-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by pepperkorn

If a GM doesnt understand that Henry's numbers went down as a result of fewer carries he should be fired!