• Show
Clear All
  • bills_7
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
    • Mar 2004

wait it out

I know alot of u wanna trade henry....
    and there are others who dont....

what do u think if we wait tell week 4-5 or before week 6 anyway and see if we can trade him for a star WR or any position in need at the point in time......

this way we can aleast see how WM plays although it will still probably be to early to tell if he is a going to be a superstar or not....

any thoughts?
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

WM is a stud... he'll ave. at least 4.5/carry... TD has to make a trade now to maximize and capitolize on this deep Draft class.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Fairway To Green
      • Jul 2002

trade him now or else wait until next offseason

Comment

• BigZ
        • Sep 2003

Wait until next offseason. Not a lot of midseason trades actually happen.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Wait til midseason or next offseason if we trade him. A team may be in need of a star running back a few weeks into the season and we can dictate the terms. That being said, I'd rather we kept him, period.
          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• McBFLO
            • Mar 2003

im a big Henry fan, but if we're going to trade him, it might be smart to do it now. if we wait til the end of this coming season, henry's stats wont be there since he'll be splitting time with willis. his value wont be as high after the season as it is right now. maybe we could use our 3rd rounder on a rb incase willis falls thru
            Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by pepperkorn
              im a big Henry fan, but if we're going to trade him, it might be smart to do it now. if we wait til the end of this coming season, henry's stats wont be there since he'll be splitting time with willis. his value wont be as high after the season as it is right now. maybe we could use our 3rd rounder on a rb incase willis falls thru
              and how do we know that 3rd rounder wouldn't suck as well?
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• juice
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                and how do we know that 3rd rounder wouldn't suck as well?
                If that's the case then we rely on our passing game that would be vastly improved because of the addition of a Premier WR at pick #13.

I know it's all hypothetical... But so is an athlete like WM coming in and being a complete bust or as you put it SUCK.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• McBFLO
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by juice
                  If that's the case then we rely on our passing game that would be vastly improved because of the addition of a Premier WR at pick #13.

I know it's all hypothetical... But so is an athlete like WM coming in and being a complete bust or as you put it SUCK.
                  good point

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

No it isn't. A neophyte could see through that piss-poor logic.

A passing game doesn't succeed just because you have good WRs...without the threat of a running attack, defenses can tee off on the QB and eliminate the passing game.
                    Football 101 Basics

Comment

• McBFLO
                      • Mar 2003

Did you see NE play last year? Or Oakland the year before that?

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• McBFLO
                        • Mar 2003

Most times I would agree with you, closed case argument that if you dont have a running game you wont succeed. Yes, you're more likely to succeed with a balanced offense, but there are exceptions.

Eternal optimist.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

Trade him f we can get into the top 5, 6 max. It's worth the risk.

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                            No it isn't. A neophyte could see through that piss-poor logic.

A passing game doesn't succeed just because you have good WRs...without the threat of a running attack, defenses can tee off on the QB and eliminate the passing game.
                            Football 101 Basics
                            An effective passing attack can go a long way to set up an effecient run game.. NE last year for example or the Raiders the year before. Calculated risks are how you improve.

Above ave. RB will be plentiful in next years draft as well.

Comment

• McBFLO
                              • Mar 2003

An effective passing attack can go a long way to set up an effecient run game.. NE last year for example or the Raiders the year before. Calculated risks are how you improve.

Above ave. RB will be plentiful in next years draft as well.
                              Wonderful post! see mine a few earlier, ha ha

Eternal optimist.

Comment

Working...
                              X