X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Today couldn't have gone much better!

Recipe for Bills' success: produce enough offense to get ahead and force Ray Lucas to try to come from behind. Then let your D just pick him off!

How great was that? The Miami defense, allegedly the strong aspect of this team, flopped in a big way as Travis Henry (Yes, I believe now- and admit I was wrong on his improvement!) helped take the heat off of Drew by running over Jason taylor and those other bums.

Drew's bomb to Eric Moulds kept the pass D at bay.

And the D contained Ricky and forced Miami to rely on Ray Lucas of all people.

In reality, the game should've been a bigger blowout. The offense was not as sharp as it could have been- the o-line didn't give Bledsoe much time and Moulds and Price dropped a few catchable balls. Also, the failure to try to run the ball in the last half of the fourth quarter kept giving the fins the ball back.

But- those are details. Bottom line: a HUGE win over a team that is now exposed as no better than anyone else- that vaunted D is nothing special. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why the Bills can't explode into a true contender.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I think taking some shots long down the field was crucial today. Their D had to respect us after that long one to Moulds. Their secondary had to back off, thus allowing for shorter pass routes and the running game to get going.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

sure it could have been better...i could have stayed in bed!

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr B
        • Sep 2002

You knew something good was going to happen after a bone head fake punt on our own 30 yard line, and the Fins fumble the next play. That was destiny!. lol

Comment

Working...
        X