PDA

View Full Version : Today couldn't have gone much better!

Judge
10-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Recipe for Bills' success: produce enough offense to get ahead and force Ray Lucas to try to come from behind. Then let your D just pick him off!

How great was that? The Miami defense, allegedly the strong aspect of this team, flopped in a big way as Travis Henry (Yes, I believe now- and admit I was wrong on his improvement!) helped take the heat off of Drew by running over Jason taylor and those other bums.

Drew's bomb to Eric Moulds kept the pass D at bay.

And the D contained Ricky and forced Miami to rely on Ray Lucas of all people.

In reality, the game should've been a bigger blowout. The offense was not as sharp as it could have been- the o-line didn't give Bledsoe much time and Moulds and Price dropped a few catchable balls. Also, the failure to try to run the ball in the last half of the fourth quarter kept giving the fins the ball back.

But- those are details. Bottom line: a HUGE win over a team that is now exposed as no better than anyone else- that vaunted D is nothing special. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason why the Bills can't explode into a true contender.

lordofgun
10-20-2002, 10:48 PM
I think taking some shots long down the field was crucial today. Their D had to respect us after that long one to Moulds. Their secondary had to back off, thus allowing for shorter pass routes and the running game to get going.

Ebenezer
10-21-2002, 07:14 AM
sure it could have been better...i could have stayed in bed!

Mr B
10-21-2002, 07:53 AM
You knew something good was going to happen after a bone head fake punt on our own 30 yard line, and the Fins fumble the next play. That was destiny!. lol