PDA

View Full Version : 13. Buffalo Bills (BZ Mock Draft)

Patrick76777
04-20-2004, 02:04 PM
The Buffalo Bills are now on the clock, Please select the player you feel the Buffalo Bills are most likely to choose.

With the Thirtieth pick, The Buffalo Bills select:

DE Will Smith Ohio State
Chris Gamble CB Ohio St.
Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina
Reggie Williams, WR, Washington
Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas
J.P. Losman, QB, Tulane
Lee Evans, WR, Wisconsin

1. San Diego - Eli Manning
2. Oakland Raiders - Robert Gallery
3. Arizona Cardinals - Larry Fitzgerald
4. New York Giants - Ben Roethlisberger
5. Washington Redskins - Kellen Winslow
6. Detroit Lions – Sean Taylor
7. Cleveland Browns - Roy Williams
8. Atlanta Falcons - Tommy Harris
9. Jacksonville Jaguars - Kenechi Udeze
10. Houston Texans - Vince Wilfork
11. Pittsburgh Steelers – Phillip Rivers
12. New York Jets - Deangelo Hall

Patrick76777
04-20-2004, 02:07 PM
Give me a shout out if you think I left anybody off. I'll try not to melt down this time. Sorry Spaz! you had a good point!

Stampede, We're going to let this one run thru the night so everyone gets a chance!

And no trading down, so just pick someone!

Patrick76777
04-20-2004, 02:08 PM
I'm happy if it goes like this because I have a huge boner for Will Smith!

jwright
04-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Bills shock the league again and select Vincent Wilfork. Sam Adams is old and Pat Williams is at the end of his contract. Of course they try their best to trade down but no takers since so many teams want to trade down also. I wouldn't draft Wilfork but this pick has TD written all over it.

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2004, 02:12 PM
If ever there was a good trade down scenario, then this is it. Smith is probably the best player to take here. Losman is just too much of a reach, CB we don't really need, and WR is just too deep not to get a reasonably good player later. The OT is also intriguing, but I would say that if these were the only players left here, take a trade down with NE, Philly, Dallas, or whoever comes up with the best offer.

Patrick76777
Maybe if Houston didn't take him at #10 in this draft!

jwright
Nevermind...Houston has him and I cannot read.

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by jwright
Bills shock the league again and select Vincent Wilfork. Sam Adams is old and Pat Williams is at the end of his contract. Of course they try their best to trade down but no takers since so many teams want to trade down also. I wouldn't draft Wilfork but this pick has TD written all over it.

Wilfork went already in this draft. His list is about as close to who we would pick as it gets.

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 02:16 PM
I said Losman, while he may be a reach at this point none of the players left will make an impact and I think TD wants a pretty close to sure thing QB of the future. I see this as a needed reach. Since we cant trade down.

Novacane
04-20-2004, 02:18 PM
If thats whats left we should take Will Smith

Michael82
04-20-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
I said Losman, while he may be a reach at this point none of the players left will make an impact and I think TD wants a pretty close to sure thing QB of the future. I see this as a needed reach. Since we cant trade down.

Are you high!? Losman at #13!?!? :snicker: :rofl: :lmao: :lol:

Michael82
04-20-2004, 02:24 PM
BTW...I think this is a no brainer...Reggie Williams is going to be a damn good receiver and is compared to a Steroidless, Less Attitude, David Boston in Sporting News.

With the 13th selection of the 2004 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select....

WR Reggie Williams from the University of Washington

DraftBoy
Originally posted by Mikey82

Are you high!? Losman at #13!?!? :snicker: :rofl: :lmao: :lol:

Who the hell on that list is gonna make an impact year 1? Not one of those players would start all would be backups.

jwright
I say Dunta Robinson, CB, South Carolina. The guy can fly and Clements contract is going be coming up in the near future. I would hate to see them take a WR b/c histroy shows that it is a very risky pick. Hell Pittsburgh took Troy Edwards one year at 10 and everyone thought that was the right pick. He was amazing in college. Sleeper pick maybe DJ Williams, Posey contract is cap friendly and can be terminated without a huge hit.

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 02:25 PM
BTW...I think this is a no brainer...Reggie Williams is going to be a damn good receiver and is compared to a Steroidless, Less Attitude, David Boston in Sporting News.

Reggie Williams?? Are you high? Kid has size but his hands are suspect and his numbers are mediocre for being the only real weapon his whole career at Washington. Hes more of a later rd 1 rd 2 player. He is OVER-HYPED!

Patrick76777
04-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Will Smith people! Forget the skill positions. This guy is real big and real fast! he'll be chasing the QB for the next 12 years.

Pass rush on this team has been weak for years now!

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 02:35 PM
Id go with three players:

Smith, Robinson or Losman

Michael82
04-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Will Smith people! Forget the skill positions. This guy is real big and real fast! he'll be chasing the QB for the next 12 years.

Pass rush on this team has been weak for years now!

He's not big! If anything...he's small for the DE position in the NFL.

Novacane
04-20-2004, 02:53 PM

Wrong! Do your homework

The Spaz
04-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

Wrong! Do your homework

6'3 275 Lbs. isn't small but he played at 260-265 so in training camp that extra 10 Lbs. could be gone very easily.

jwright
04-20-2004, 03:01 PM
And he makes really bad movies not to mention he's an awful rapper.

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2004, 03:11 PM
And he makes really bad movies not to mention he's an awful rapper.

Now that was just wrong. I used to like "Parents just don't understand", "Nightmare on My Street". :D

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
If thats whats left we should take Will Smith

unfortunately, me too.

you laugh at the losman pick, but then use a high first rounder on a guy that is not even the 3rd best wr. i would take woods and evans over him. like draftboy said.. overrated.

he is 15lbs heavier than jason taylor. same height.

BillsMan80
04-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Reggie Williams easily. He's gonna be a stud. Will Smith is going to be the most overrated bust to come out of this draft. He was so damn overhyped it isn't even funny. Never did anything at Ohio State. Name only. If we take Will Smith we will regret the pick for years to come. Erik Flowers Round 2.

STAMPY
04-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Shane Andrews is a possibility to help our Oline, he's a big fat slob that can block. i went with reggie williams tho, i wish it was mike williams tho :( To be honest my heart was with JP Losman, i wish we could trade down 5-6 spots and grab him there

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 03:31 PM
it is so funny..

none of us have a single clue.. the players dont even have a single clue.. if they are going to be successful..

and the odds are that like half the guys at any position are gonna either blow or be nothing better than average.. go back and look at every first round..

one guy thinks will smith is the biggest bust ever.. the other guy thinks reggie williams is over hyped.. funny thing is.. alot of peoples opinions are swayed by what they want.. if person A thinks we should draft a WR.. then he thinks less of the other player because it is not the guy he wants.. and so forth.

it is just funny.. none of the experts and none of you (or me) really know what the hell we are talking about.. and wont know how good any of these players will be until 2-3 years down the road. and the spot that these guys end up getting drafted in is gonna be so ass backwards and screwed up to how they actually perform.. its just funny.

Patrick76777
04-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
it is so funny..

none of us have a single clue.. the players dont even have a single clue.. if they are going to be successful..

and the odds are that like half the guys at any position are gonna either blow or be nothing better than average.. go back and look at every first round..

one guy thinks will smith is the biggest bust ever.. the other guy thinks reggie williams is over hyped.. funny thing is.. alot of peoples opinions are swayed by what they want.. if person A thinks we should draft a WR.. then he thinks less of the other player because it is not the guy he wants.. and so forth.

it is just funny.. none of the experts and none of you (or me) really know what the hell we are talking about.. and wont know how good any of these players will be until 2-3 years down the road. and the spot that these guys end up getting drafted in is gonna be so ass backwards and screwed up to how they actually perform.. its just funny.

RIght on!

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2004, 03:35 PM
it is so funny..

You are 100% correct!

jwright
04-20-2004, 03:38 PM
it is so funny..

Most accurate post in the history of the zone! But I still don't like Will Smith and I still think he is still overrated. Why try to predict the draft? B/C I enjoy talking Buffalo Bills football.

The Spaz
04-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Who didn't know that?:snicker:

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Most accurate post in the history of the zone! But I still don't like Will Smith and I still think he is still overrated. Why try to predict the draft? B/C I enjoy talking Buffalo Bills football.

oh, i hear you.. i am here all day every day speculating with the masses.. but it just struck me as funny that one guy can look at will smith and say so confidently "biggest bust ever!" and another guy can look at reggie williams and say "the most overhyped wr in the draft!".. just strong statements. it is like getting your lotto ticket and saying "This Son of a ***** is a Winner for sure!! I got the best numbers ever!!" and waving it around.. before they pull the numbers.

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2004, 03:45 PM
it is so funny..

Nope, you are wrong. I am a father, therefore I am always right. :D

Hey, someone had to say it. ;)

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
Nope, you are wrong. I am a father, therefore I am always right. :D

Hey, someone had to say it. ;)

i thought you were gonna say, your a woman.. your always right.

:snicker:

Michael82
04-20-2004, 03:48 PM
The thing that kills me is that each one of the draft EXPERTS on this site has a different view and so does all the other NFL Draft EXPERTS.

BillsMan80
04-20-2004, 03:50 PM
It's just that when I see Will Smith, and I see his production and play, I just can't help but think he's going to be a real bust for where he's going to be drafted. The production just isn't there, whereas with Reggie Williams, people are saying he's going to be a bust, but he's got all the skills and the production to back it up.

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2004, 03:50 PM

i thought you were gonna say, your a woman.. your always right.

:snicker:

Well, anyone of us who is married knows how wrong that is. :D

At least on the inside.

The Natrix
04-20-2004, 03:51 PM
Well I hope there is a better option left besides Smith and R. Williams, but if I had to choose I'd go with Will Smith.

STAMPY
04-20-2004, 03:52 PM
The Losman Movement has Begun... Elway JR

BigZ
04-20-2004, 03:52 PM
it is so funny..

:fabulous:

BigZ
04-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Actually, with the choices left I had to really decide between Smith, Williams and Evans.

Smith wins.

Tatonka
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
Well, anyone of us who is married knows how wrong that is. :D

At least on the inside.

i would never tell my wife that.

The thing that kills me is that each one of the draft EXPERTS on this site has a different view and so does all the other NFL Draft EXPERTS.

if that is not definative proof that it is all just crap speculation, i dont know what is.

it is no different for bills fans.. all of us fans watch every second of every game.. we are seeing the same thing..

how is it that half of us think bledsoe is a pile of crap, and the other half thinks he is a pile of gold?

TedMock
Originally posted by The Natrix
Well I hope there is a better option left besides Smith and R. Williams, but if I had to choose I'd go with Will Smith.

If we're still at 13 and those are the options (I like both, don't get me wrong) I'd rather just trade down. We could probably end up with Randy Starks (DT, MD) or Vernon Carey (OG, UM) at the end of the round.

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
The Losman Movement has Begun... Elway JR

he reminds me more of farve or steve young than elway.

The Spaz
04-20-2004, 03:56 PM
"Big Ben" is more like Elway.

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2004, 03:57 PM

Please Mike dont kill yourself over a game.

The Natrix
04-20-2004, 03:57 PM
Rivers is like Bernie Kosar. :(

TedMock
04-20-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Rivers is like Bernie Kosar. :(

Rivers delivery isn't as side-armed as Kosar's. Even so, Kosar was actually a quality starter for a long time on playoff teams. He wasn't as bad as people say. He did have a perm-mullett which I can do without.

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2004, 04:12 PM
Will could be a tweener like bust, similar to Eric Flowers, or be the next great one, like another Smith from Back in the Day... At this point, and since we can't trade down, I'd prolly go w/ him over Reggie, b/c Reggie lacks top-end speed, and we don't need WR as much as many will admit. (If Roy slipped through, I'd take him in a heartbeat, this guy is one of the best playmaking studs out there, and would be tooo good to pass up.) Compare that to our hole a LDE, especially after the potential leave of Schobel (hopefully replaced quite aqudately by Kelsay) and you got Will Smith as the newest Bill, partly due to the lack of other wish-list players being there, and no trading down. Also, we're facing Corey Dillion, Ricky Williams, and the still dangerous C Martin. We need a solid Dline.

Actually, I think Ricky is waaay overrated (3.3 yard ave. in 2003), Dillion may be selfish, locker room cancer for the Pats, and Martin just isn't that good anymore.

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 04:13 PM
I went with Evans. We need a speed WR right? He fits that description more than Reggie Williams. And I think the Bills will pass on using another high round pick on a DE.

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2004, 04:21 PM
Good point Pepper. Other than Smith, he'd be my 2nd option. This guy woulda been a top-10 pick two years ago! Who cares that he's 5-11? He makes acrobatic catches w/ ease. I've seen him single handedly win games for the badgers. He's absolutely a perfect fit for us w/ his amazing speed, and ability. He's even said it himself. There's almost no shot he'll be around in the 2nd when we pick. I've seen mocks where he goes at 25. He might be a reach. But there is no1 better, and this guy is waaay underrated, IMO.

BillsMan80
04-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Will Smith has done nothing in his college career up until this past year. He had not had more than 5 sacks a year until this year, when he "exploded" for 10. Now if this sudden increase in stats and numbers doesn't scream Erik Flowers/workout warrior, I don't know what does. He will be a bust. Mark my words.

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Good point Pepper. Other than Smith, he'd be my 2nd option. This guy woulda been a top-10 pick two years ago! Who cares that he's 5-11? He makes acrobatic catches w/ ease. I've seen him single handedly win games for the badgers. He's absolutely a perfect fit for us w/ his amazing speed, and ability. He's even said it himself. There's almost no shot he'll be around in the 2nd when we pick. I've seen mocks where he goes at 25. He might be a reach. But there is no1 better, and this guy is waaay underrated, IMO.

True, he may be a bit of a reach, according to some of the mock drafts I'm sure we've all seen, but if you think the guy will produce for you, then go for it. why take the chance of trading down to get him at a better spot when you could potentially lose him to another team?

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2004, 04:53 PM

i would never tell my wife that.

Well duh. That's why I said on the inside. :)

if that is not definative proof that it is all just crap speculation, i dont know what is.

it is no different for bills fans.. all of us fans watch every second of every game.. we are seeing the same thing..

how is it that half of us think bledsoe is a pile of crap, and the other half thinks he is a pile of gold?

I think he is neither. I think he is a good QB though.

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
Will Smith has done nothing in his college career up until this past year. He had not had more than 5 sacks a year until this year, when he "exploded" for 10. Now if this sudden increase in stats and numbers doesn't scream Erik Flowers/workout warrior, I don't know what does. He will be a bust. Mark my words.
Consider them marked. Actually with the given players available, I choose Evans instead.

STAMPY
04-20-2004, 04:58 PM
I will be sooooooooo dissappointed if will smith is a bill

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 05:05 PM

Thats kinda the point if we all agreed then this site would be nothing.

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy

Thats kinda the point if we all agreed then this site would be nothing.

Come on everyone. Let's all join hands and sing kumbyah.

Patrick76777
04-21-2004, 08:15 AM
I'm giving this till 11

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 08:27 AM
my god.. a wasted 1st round pick on a wr..

lets just hope the front office is smarter than this.

BigZ
04-21-2004, 08:40 AM
Well, so much for consensus!!!

:rofl:

Patrick76777
04-21-2004, 10:11 AM
It's tied! WTF!

BillsMan80
04-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!!!!!!!

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:13 AM
sweet.. tie ball game.. and i dont even really want will smith that much.

lordofgun
04-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Sudden death???

lordofgun
04-21-2004, 10:17 AM
You guys should keep this going through the end of Rd. 1. :up:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:19 AM
not necessary.. because without taking trades into consideration, which will happen for sure.. there is no way to even be close to accurate.

Philagape
04-21-2004, 10:26 AM
With all things being equal, they're equally appealing, but the need isn't equal. We need a DE more than a WR. Creating a pass rush will make more of a difference, especially by creating turnovers, than one more receiver in an offense that is supposed to be based on the run.

lordofgun
04-21-2004, 10:28 AM
not necessary.. because without taking trades into consideration, which will happen for sure.. there is no way to even be close to accurate.

I realize it's not necessary., Nothing on this entire board is necessary. :)

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:30 AM
will smith wins!

RedEyE
04-21-2004, 10:31 AM
will smith wins!

:bf1:

lordofgun
04-21-2004, 10:31 AM
It's tied again. :chuckle:

RedEyE
04-21-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
It's tied again. :chuckle:

It was you wasn't it :mad:

Dantheman1280
04-21-2004, 10:35 AM
what about Vernon Carey?? Hes a baller

Patrick76777
04-21-2004, 10:36 AM

you can't say that 100%

lordofgun
04-21-2004, 10:39 AM
Now Reggie Williams is ahead. :chuckle:

Patrick76777
04-21-2004, 10:39 AM
I'll end at Noon unless we see another tie!

Should we go on and try to finish the first round?

Michael82
04-21-2004, 10:40 AM
I'll end at Noon unless we see another tie!

Should we go on and try to finish the first round?

We can't...until we end this. :D

Patrick76777
04-21-2004, 10:42 AM
I know Mikey!

At Noon, when this is finished should we finish the first round?

Michael82
04-21-2004, 10:44 AM
I know Mikey!

At Noon, when this is finished should we finish the first round?

Yeah, but we gotta go back to our 1- 1.5 hour deadline :D

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:45 AM
the draft was tied at 11.. as soon as the tie was finished, it should move on.. will smith was in the lead first past 11.. he wins.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 10:47 AM
the draft was tied at 11.. as soon as the tie was finished, it should move on.. will smith was in the lead first past 11.. he wins.

No, the deadline is at 12 noon. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:50 AM
that is a new deadline.

thefixer74
04-21-2004, 10:51 AM
I picked Reggie Williams.

I think Chris Kelsay is going to be better than Will Smith.

lordofgun
04-21-2004, 10:56 AM
TIED AGAIN.

RedEyE
04-21-2004, 10:58 AM
Now what?

RedEyE
04-21-2004, 11:00 AM
I think that LOG is stuffing the ballot box. :mad:

Will Smith wins by default.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 11:03 AM
LOL...with the new Noon deadline..I say next vote wins. :D

Patrick76777
04-21-2004, 11:04 AM
Well, I am running it. and I did pick Will Smith!

Patrick76777
04-21-2004, 11:05 AM
Did Mike vote with each of his 10 ID's?

lordofgun
04-21-2004, 11:12 AM
I swear I only voted once...and it was yesterday.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 11:14 AM
tie ball game.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 11:17 AM
Did Mike vote with each of his 10 ID's?

No...but that's a good idea! :snicker:

:jk: :ontome:

STAMPY
04-21-2004, 11:46 AM
reggie win maaaan! i did vote for him, cause no losman choice

Patrick76777
04-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Give it to Reggie Williams, he's the pick!

Michael82
04-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Give it to Reggie Williams, he's the pick!

That was a close one! :up: