X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Pats sign Jeff Burris?

No link yet, but that is being reported on the radio. 32-year old CB with good size, former Bill. Will compete for a spot in nickel and dime sets.

If so, it would lend credence to the possibility of a Ty Law trade. I can't believe they would trade Law, but they have some depth at DB now, but they don't really have a replacement for Law.

If they deal Law, it would mean Wilson would probably move to CB and Burris and Otis Smith might fill in at FS. They likely would draft a CB or S pretty high as well.
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I thought NE always lived by the philosophy of "Out with the Old, In with the New". They dumped Drew for Brady and Milloy for Wilson.

Now they signed a semi-washed-up 29-year-old Dillon AND a 32-year-old CB? WTF?

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
      • Jan 2003

You guys are always going after former Bills. ;D

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

It means two things to me....

#1. Patriots are going to trade Ty Law on draft day for a 1st or 2nd rounder.

#2. Patriots are going to trade up in the draft to select DeAngelo Hall.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

It's possible. It is hard to imagine they will trade Law. It sure looks that way, but it doesn't seem like they have the kind of match-up CB to replace him. I think trading Law makes them weaker.

They wouldn't be able to blitz as much as last year. They likely would play a lot more zone and less man.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
            • Jul 2003

Here is the link:

Patriots.com

Comment

• don137
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              I thought NE always lived by the philosophy of "Out with the Old, In with the New". They dumped Drew for Brady and Milloy for Wilson.

Now they signed a semi-washed-up 29-year-old Dillon AND a 32-year-old CB? WTF?
              They go for good value for the $$ and not out with the old theory...A. Smith was about the same age as Dillon. Last year they traded for Bid Ted and he wasn't exactly a sping chicken. I really respect what they do as a front office.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Camp fodder

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

I would love to see the Pats dump Law. That being said, I believe it would be a huge mistake. The AFC East isn't loaded with star WRs (Moulds is it) but taking dumping one of the best cover corners in the league isn't a smart move. Then again, neither was dumping the heart of their defense before week 1. Looks like that panned out well.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    It means two things to me....

#1. Patriots are going to trade Ty Law on draft day for a 1st or 2nd rounder.

#2. Patriots are going to trade up in the draft to select DeAngelo Hall.

Or it means they signed Burris relatively cheap for depth. It wasn't 2 seasons ago they signed every TE around on top of drafting one.

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Jan 2004

Patidiots Jeff Burris!!! LOL

The Patidiots finally made a mistake with their signing FA Jeff Burris is nothing!!! I went to www.nfl.com and looked up his stats when he was with the BILLS here they are

Year Team G Total Tckl Ast Sacks Int Yds Avg Lg TD Pass Def
                      1994 Buffalo Bills 16 21 16.0 5 0 2 24 12.0 24 0 4
                      1995 Buffalo Bills 9 34 28.0 6 0 1 19 19.0 19 0 9
                      1996 Buffalo Bills 15 49 40.0 9 0 1 28 28.0 28 0 11
                      1997 Buffalo Bills 14 45 39.0 6 0 2 19 9.5 10 0 6

Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 04-20-2004, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Burris was signed for the minimum with a $25K SB on a 1-year deal. His cap number is $475K since he qualifies for the Vet Min Salary Exception.

Vet depth, and he can be cut with little cap consequence ($25K).

Comment

Working...
                        X