PDA

View Full Version : TD not high on Losman?????

Novacane
04-20-2004, 04:13 PM
Just read this on ESPN insider

If the Bills draft a top receiver with their first pick, they'll likely use their second-round selection on either a tight end -- if a guy like Georgia's Ben Watson falls -- or a quarterback. We have heard, however, that Donohoe is not enamored with Tulane's J.P. Losman and would rather take his chances with Virginia's Matt Schaub or another quarterback later on Day 1 than draft a potential attitude problem at QB with the team's second-round pick.

The Natrix
04-20-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green

or another quarterback later on

translation: or another Todd Collins :(

ShadowHawk7
04-20-2004, 04:27 PM

If the Bills draft a top receiver with their first pick, they'll likely use their second-round selection on either a tight end -- if a guy like Georgia's Ben Watson falls -- or a quarterback. We have heard, however, that Donohoe is not enamored with Tulane's J.P. Losman and would rather take his chances with Virginia's Matt Schaub or another quarterback later on Day 1 than draft a potential attitude problem at QB with the team's second-round pick.

Arg, that sucks, I hope it's false, cuz I'm starting to like this guy a lot now. Shaub in the 2nd??? Please no...
There are four QBs I'd be happy if we got them in the draft. All could be our potential starter in one or two years.
1. Big Ben
2. Rivers
3. Losman
4. Smoker

DraftBoy
04-20-2004, 05:00 PM
That wouldnt really relate as to why they invited him to Buffalo for a visit. Of course TD is also known for smoke screens I pray its not true!

Mr. Cynical
04-20-2004, 05:04 PM
I only want Ben or Rivers, in that order. Anyone else and I'd rather shore up other positions.

Forward_Lateral
04-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Losman would be the best scenario. We wouldn't have to waste our 13th on a QB, we could use it on a WR or maybe even trade up and try to get Winslow or Taylor. I don't know, I have a feeling TD is going to pull a shocker come draft day.

mypoorfriendme
04-20-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
I only want Ben or Rivers, in that order. Anyone else and I'd rather shore up other positions.

:up:

don137
04-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Who believes what GMs say this time of year anyways?

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-20-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by don137
Who believes what GMs say this time of year anyways?
Yeah and remember it's Donahoe

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Losman will NOT be there in the 2nd round. It aint gonna happen. He's going to either GB or KC. If by some chance he does make it to the 2nd, possibly Oakland, maybe NYG (depending on the first round) or even AZ will take him. No way he lasts til the Bills in round 2

Novacane
04-26-2004, 04:18 AM

Guess TD had the "experts" fooled again! :snicker:

SeatownBillsFan21
04-26-2004, 04:40 AM
Sure did. you read the the USA today Sports sectin about J.P.?

TypicalBill
04-26-2004, 06:12 AM

either

a) They're full of it and never had a clue and it was just speculation by them.... "we heard..." etc..

b) TD spread those rumors on purpose.

either way, you heard what TD said about him and he wouldn't have traded all those picks for a guy he doesn't like.

Novacane
04-26-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by TypicalBill

b) TD spread those rumors on purpose.

That would be my guess:freako:

TigerJ
04-26-2004, 10:17 AM
It goes to show you can't fully trust "inside info" no matter what the source. Next year though we'll still be grabbing for every bit of it we can.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2005, 02:47 PM
We have heard, however, that Donohoe is not enamored with Tulane's J.P. Losman and would rather take his chances with Virginia's Matt Schaub or another quarterback later on Day 1 than draft a potential attitude problem at QB with the team's second-round pick.

If only we could turn back time.

Mr. Cynical
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM

Looks like I certainly knew what I was talking about. Ben is THE man.

:bravo:

casdhf
10-20-2005, 05:13 PM
yeah, good call on RIvers though

justasportsfan
10-20-2005, 05:20 PM
TD was right on too when he tried to trade up for Benand there were no takers. I wanted Ben in the first and Grove in the 2nd.

I'm still happy w/ the JP pick though. He has the talent and the will to be a great qb. In time he will be. I just hope it's here in Buffalo.

RedEyE
10-20-2005, 05:21 PM

I remember this thread quite vividly.

We can't forget the games that GMs love to play around draft day.

TacklingDummy
10-20-2005, 05:23 PM
I just hope it's here in Buffalo.

And not the C.F.L. :funny:

pintonick96
10-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Arg, that sucks, I hope it's false, cuz I'm starting to like this guy a lot now. Shaub in the 2nd??? Please no...
There are four QBs I'd be happy if we got them in the draft. All could be our potential starter in one or two years.
1. Big Ben
2. Rivers
3. Losman
4. Smoker

We could pick up Jeff Smoker now. He's kinda out of a job.

SquishDaFish
10-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Why JP is going to be a good QB. How can you base a career on either of thier first few games? Jesus this is getting overdone by you morons.

X-Era
10-20-2005, 05:54 PM

I think TD might just be high period.

Meathead
10-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Why JP is going to be a good QB. How can you base a career on either of thier first few games? Jesus this is getting overdone by you morons.
personally i see some things that have me very encouraged he'll put it together quite well when he gets some playing time.

here's the things i was very impressed with:

- avoiding the rush - he has an uncanny ability to sense the pressure and make the proper move to get a pass off. quite startling for such a green player.

- getting rid of the ball under pressure - just as impressive as finding an open area is getting rid of the ball when there isn't one. he has an incredible array of jukes he uses to get a close defender out of position enough to get a pass off to the outlet.

- diversity of throws - he has the bullet, the long out, the soft screen, the bomb, and even the drop it over the shoulder. you don’t teach that.

i look forward to watching him develop to see if he does put it together. i’ll guess yeah.

Drive 4 Five
10-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Losman would be the best scenario. We wouldn't have to waste our 13th on a QB, we could use it on a WR or maybe even trade up and try to get Winslow or Taylor. I don't know, I have a feeling TD is going to pull a shocker come draft day.

Geez, how bout this for a prediction? I'd say FL is the only one of any of us who knew what the hell he was talking about. Nice call bro.

:peace:

kinigirly
10-20-2005, 09:04 PM
how about this for a prediction...TD senses anarchy in the air amongst billszone fans...he fears they will storm his office and toss him out the window. maybe this jackass wants to get fired. maybe he's realized that buffalo has finally pinpointed its leadership problems down to him. its obvious the man is on another plain of reality...ignore him and let him dig his own grave

Drive 4 Five
10-20-2005, 09:19 PM
how about this for a prediction...TD senses anarchy in the air amongst billszone fans...he fears they will storm his office and toss him out the window. maybe this jackass wants to get fired. maybe he's realized that buffalo has finally pinpointed its leadership problems down to him. its obvious the man is on another plain of reality...ignore him and let him dig his own grave

That's becuase we WILL storm OBD and not only throw his ass out his office window, but then strip him down to the his thong and suspend him from the goal post.

Be afraid TD! Very afraid!

kinigirly
10-20-2005, 09:31 PM
well i hope he's at least wearing a thong with one of the bills colors...honestly we don't ask for much around here TD

Mr. Cynical
10-20-2005, 10:02 PM
yeah, good call on RIvers though

And you know he is a bust already? He is going to be traded next year and then we'll see. Right now nobody knows what he can do.

Same thing with JP.

Nobody knows.

RedEyE
10-20-2005, 10:07 PM
personally i see some things that have me very encouraged he'll put it together quite well when he gets some playing time.

- avoiding the rush - he has an uncanny ability to sense the pressure and make the proper move to get a pass off. quite startling for such a green player.

- getting rid of the ball under pressure - just as impressive as finding an open area is getting rid of the ball when there isn't one. he has an incredible array of jukes he uses to get a close defender out of position enough to get a pass off to the outlet.

- diversity of throws - he has the bullet, the long out, the soft screen, the bomb, and even the drop it over the shoulder. you don’t teach that.

i look forward to watching him develop to see if he does put it together. i’ll guess yeah.

Great post!! I agree on all accounts. :bf1:

SquishDaFish
10-21-2005, 07:49 AM

:goodpost: Great post meat. Way to early in the career of Jp or Shaub to know which or both wil be great. JP has all the talent to be a great QB and he will be with the Bills when its time.

SABURZFAN
10-21-2005, 07:59 AM

you had to remind me. :mad:

i was at the Draft Party when this happened.i was outside with Pastor Ted having a smoke.i wish i was smoking what Ted had.he was happy about it. :jk: Ted

sba
10-21-2005, 11:29 AM
I got all excited that TD was going to go after Schaub this coming offseason. Damn you thread bumpers :(

Mudflap1
10-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Rivers only takes the Chargers down to score virtually every time he's had playing time the past two years......

He sucks though and never will be good.

Jon