PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper on AM 560 in S. Florida

ryjam282
04-20-2004, 04:58 PM
He says that the Chargers will drop down to #4 in the draft and the Gmen will move up to #1 and take Eli Manning and the Chargers will move down to #4 and take Phillip Rivers and get the Giants 2nd rounder. Says, Marty is so high on Rivers that he just can't stop talking about the guy.

He also says that the Raiders will probably move down as well if they can't get Manning.

He also says the Steelers will try to everything they can to get Roethlisberger. He said the Lions are in the drivers seat cause they need a RB and the Bills are the only logical team that could move up to there spot to get Big Ben, but it will cost them. (I hope he didn't mean Henry). He also said the Steelers will do whatever they can to get one of the big 3 QB's.

Says the Dolphins and Pats will be interested in Michael Clayton and the Pats may still try and move up. Dolphins may also be interested in Shaun Andrews or Vernon Carey.

Lee Evans may go to the Bucs with there first round pick

Sorry it is so crappy, I was typing while he was talking. That was all.....

Devin
04-20-2004, 05:10 PM
nj ry we will see, hope that isnt true.

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 05:18 PM
interesting. i'd like roethlisberger

L.A. Playa
04-20-2004, 05:21 PM
how about trade Henry straight up to Lions we get Big BEn and then draft Lee Evans at 13 nice triplets for next 10 years mc gahee evans and ben

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
how about trade Henry straight up to Lions we get Big BEn and then draft Lee Evans at 13 nice triplets for next 10 years mc gahee evans and ben

I like this idea. I've officially joined the "Trade Travis for the #6 Pick" bandwagon!

juice
04-20-2004, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by pepperkorn
I like this idea. I've officially joined the "Trade Travis for the #6 Pick" bandwagon!

Elevation

McBFLO
04-20-2004, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by juice
Elevation

huh?

B-DON
04-20-2004, 07:06 PM
if we can get the sixth pick in the deepest draft ever i still wouldnt

Bill Brasky
04-20-2004, 07:50 PM

yeah, then in 2 years when there's more stud players to be drafted you'll wanna trade all them away for more rookies.

The_Philster
04-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
yeah, then in 2 years when there's more stud players to be drafted you'll wanna trade all them away for more rookies.

:bf1:

Novacane
04-20-2004, 07:56 PM

Lions would not do it.

Mahdi
04-20-2004, 09:52 PM

Lee Evans isnt worth the 13th overall pick....id say Reggie Williams

Tatonka
04-20-2004, 10:09 PM
i picked woods for tampa ... so i guess evans isnt such a stretch.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-20-2004, 10:41 PM
please dont trade henry

SoCalBillsFan
04-20-2004, 10:45 PM
NO way we taken evans at 13. MOre likely reggie williams or clayton. If we want evans, let's trade 13 to move down.

NC-BILLS44
04-21-2004, 08:21 AM
It makes more sense to keep both running backs for at least a year, to make sure Willis is the real deal before letting Travis go. What if Willis gets hurt again and Travis is gone? We are screwed. It just doesn't make sense, to let Travis before the 2004 season. Rumors, Rumors, Rumors

BuffaloRanger
04-21-2004, 09:22 AM
Imagine if the chargers trade down and get Rivers (who then gets hurt or is a bust), and Eli goes onto Pro Bowl after Pro Bowl. They may as well just pack up and move to LA then.

Nighthawk
04-21-2004, 08:58 PM
Man, no wonder the city of Buffalo loses in everything...people here are never willing to take a chance! Do the guys who don't want to trade Henry want to get a warranty on a deal also? I mean, then if Willis does not live up to the hype, we can trade for Henry again...come on people! This team would be better trying to fill a couple of holes, rather than hold onto their only tradeable commodity just to make sure the water is safe before going in! That logic is just ignorant...you've got to give up something to get something and you have to take chances! Portis is a ton better than Henry and the Broncos weren't afraid to trade him...granted, they got Bailey back, but the #6 pick is very good compensation for Henry. I don't know, but I just believe that you have to make a trade when the value of a player is at it's highest point.

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Nighthawk
Man, no wonder the city of Buffalo loses in everything...people here are never willing to take a chance! Do the guys who don't want to trade Henry want to get a warranty on a deal also? I mean, then if Willis does not live up to the hype, we can trade for Henry again...come on people! This team would be better trying to fill a couple of holes, rather than hold onto their only tradeable commodity just to make sure the water is safe before going in! That logic is just ignorant...you've got to give up something to get something and you have to take chances! Portis is a ton better than Henry and the Broncos weren't afraid to trade him...granted, they got Bailey back, but the #6 pick is very good compensation for Henry. I don't know, but I just believe that you have to make a trade when the value of a player is at it's highest point.

The running back position is vital to a team that is supposed to be a run-first team. Trading away Henry leaves us with only Joe Burns as a proven NFL back

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-21-2004, 09:06 PM
I am not one of the people that wants to trade Henry but-

If Lions offer the 6th pick I have no idea how you could reject that.

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by BillsRockSOMUCH
I am not one of the people that wants to trade Henry but-

If Lions offer the 6th pick I have no idea how you could reject that.

I'm sure we would be able to get that for something other than our only real proven threat at RB.

Nighthawk
04-21-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
The running back position is vital to a team that is supposed to be a run-first team. Trading away Henry leaves us with only Joe Burns as a proven NFL back

Like I said, that is a chance you take...nobody know how things will workout. All I know, is that the Bills will not win the SB with Henry if we don't address the rest of our holes. We had him last year and finished 6-10, what makes you believe with the team we have now we can do better? Let's be realistic...this team has holes at WR, DE, TE & QB (Bledsoe is probably only here for 1 more year.) If you can get a top 10 pick, you do it...period!

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 09:20 PM
Like I said, that is a chance you take...nobody know how things will workout. All I know, is that the Bills will not win the SB with Henry if we don't address the rest of our holes. We had him last year and finished 6-10, what makes you believe with the team we have now we can do better? Let's be realistic...this team has holes at WR, DE, TE & QB (Bledsoe is probably only here for 1 more year.) If you can get a top 10 pick, you do it...period!

Coaching was the biggest problem last year...we eliminated the morons and we should do much better. We don't improve our team by destroying it farther.

Nighthawk
04-21-2004, 09:23 PM
How do you know that this Coach will be any better? You've seen him somewhere as a HC before? Come on, tell me you don't believe that now that there is a new HC we're all of a sudden going to become a SB team! Mularkey could turn out to be great, but please, don't try to tell me that you're positive that he is going to turn it around...that's a ridiculous statement.

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 09:27 PM
How do you know that this Coach will be any better? You've seen him somewhere as a HC before? Come on, tell me you don't believe that now that there is a new HC we're all of a sudden going to become a SB team! Mularkey could turn out to be great, but please, don't try to tell me that you're positive that he is going to turn it around...that's a ridiculous statement.

I said should :rolleyes:
He took over for Gilbride in Pittsburgh and improved the offense..stands to reason that he and Clements should be able to do the same here. He's also come in without making wild predictions of greatness like Williams did. He brought in a few coaches like Wyche who have actually coached in the NFL before this job. So far, all signs point up...but if we trade away all our good players for prospects, those signs point downward.

Nighthawk
04-21-2004, 09:43 PM
You know they point downward for sure? How? Do you see where I'm going with this? Nobody knows...living scared isn't living at all.

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 09:47 PM
You know they point downward for sure? How? Do you see where I'm going with this? Nobody knows...living scared isn't living at all.

So who else do you want to trade away for draft picks? Maybe we could get all the top 10 picks in the draft if we trade away Moulds, Spikes, Pat Williams, Fletcher, Clements...and whoever else it would take. Prospects are so much better than proven talent, right? :shakeno: :hitself:

Nighthawk
04-21-2004, 09:56 PM
Good argument...I didn't think you had an answer. I respect your opinion, I just don't agree with it.

juice
04-21-2004, 09:57 PM
What would it take in addition to TH to make this happen.. Maybe a second next year.. I hope they aren't trying to say they get our #13 for the #6.. TD got Matt Millon to go for the Gary Trade after Wire put Stewart out in pre-season last year.

Nighthawk
04-21-2004, 09:59 PM
I agree, Henry & #13 is WAY too much.