PDA

View Full Version : Well- Cold, hard reality says.....

Dozerdog
04-20-2004, 09:00 PM
If you want Rivers or Big Ben....looks like a draft trade with Detroit is a necissary evil.

Cleveland, if thwarted for a trade up to get Gallery, may take Big Ben

San Diego will trade down, get their guy Rivers in the top 5

New York Giants will make a move for Manning, failing that Gallery is a backup plan. Big Ben a possibility if both are gone.

That leaves Buffalo in a battle with Pitt, or a disgruntled Cleveland. Detroit wants Jackson, but does not want to pay him as the 6th pick. Taking him at 13 makes all the sense in the world.

Are you prepared to give up the 13th, the 43rd, and a #1 pick next year?

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Not in a million years.

Mr. Cynical
04-21-2004, 12:09 AM
For Manning, yes.
For Ben, 13th, 43rd and a 2nd next year.
For Rivers, 13th and 43rd.

mypoorfriendme
04-21-2004, 12:43 AM
if all three qbs are gone and tommie harris and roy williams are gone, then please, PLEASE trade down.

what im scared of is seeing TD draft someone at 13 who no one else would have drafted until later in the first or something. for instance, i could see him thinking really highly of evans and then grabbing him at 13. or sean andrews or something.

ive said it before and ill say it again...I CANT WAIT TIL SATURDAY!!!

Ebenezer
04-21-2004, 07:59 AM
No way I spend that much to trade up...if anything I'd be looking to trade down...12 picks...3 QBs...2 WR...DE, DB and S all gone...Gallery gone...Are you going to force a pick with Lee Evans? Trade down.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 08:19 AM
no way in hell. i am not willing to trade up for ANY of the qbs. especially given the history of so many sure fire cant miss qbs that have sucked a dong in the past..

we will have just as much luck with jeff smoker.. screw it.. dont give up your whole draft for a qb..

Oline, Dline .. i dont care what order we get them in.. but we need to get them.

Mr. Miyagi
04-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
we will have just as much luck with jeff smoker.. screw it.. dont give up your whole draft for a qb..

:bf1:

Losman instead of Smoker though.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Are you prepared to give up the 13th, the 43rd, and a #1 pick next year?

I'd give that up to Oakland for Gallery / Manning (whomever isn't taken 1st).

clumping platelets
04-21-2004, 08:28 AM
Trade down with Dallas and take WR Michael Jenkins :up:

Jan Reimers
04-21-2004, 08:44 AM
Trade down for Evans and Losman, who would be ideal late first round and early second round picks, respectively.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 09:50 AM
no way in hell. i am not willing to trade up for ANY of the qbs. especially given the history of so many sure fire cant miss qbs that have sucked a dong in the past..

Oline, Dline .. i dont care what order we get them in.. but we need to get them.

Nah, maybe we should draft Matt Schaub from Virginia. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Nah, maybe we should draft Matt Schaub from Virginia. :snicker:

yeah? and maybe i should put sugar in your gas tank for saying that.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 09:58 AM

:lol:

:nana:

Michael82
04-21-2004, 09:59 AM
Here's a sweet photo for you, Tatonka.... :snicker:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/ncf/2003/0605/photo/a_schaub_i.jpg

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:01 AM
his arm looks like a noodle.

:tongue:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:01 AM
i am sure he got hurt at the end of that play too.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 10:02 AM
or this....

http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/_photos/2003-08-18-inside-schaub.jpg

or this......

http://www.winchesterstar.com/TheWinchesterStar/030828/Schaubtab.jpg

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:02 AM
he looks like brian griese's boyfriend.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 10:04 AM
Here's another good one for you.... :D

http://www.alumni.virginia.edu/virginiaonlinemag/images/sports/020900/schaub.jpg

matt
04-21-2004, 10:06 AM
I know the fashionable thing to say now is that first round QBs have a good chance to be a bust. Well let me play Devils advocate for a minute. True many good Qbs are taken in later rounds, however the odds of them making it grow increasingly less- QBs are busts in any round you take them, because the demands of the system. Sure later rounds have produced the likes of Brady, Montana, and Fouts. Early rounds have had the likes of Kelly, Elway, Marino, Manning, Unitas, Namath, and Bradshaw. Sure there have been early round busts such as Leaf, or Shuler. However the nature of the beast is the QB position it is not a science that is perfect. If you want a player you have to take risks. Sure as you go down the draft the farther you fall the less pressure to get it right, but that does not mean that the chances increase to get a great player, in fact the opposite is true your odds decrease, as does the pressure to get it right. By the way QBs are not the only busts in the first round, every position has huge dissapointments. The 49ers took JJ stokes in the 1st, the next year they took TO in the 4th. There are many examples of this at every position in every year, QBs being the stars of the show just get more pub. I do not think that you should force a pick by making a bad trade, nor do I think you pass up a player for a chance. However I am not scared by picking a QB that could be a Super Bowl MVP, or on the cover of a wheaties box wearing Bills Blue.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:06 AM
look at his ankle.. he broke it on that play.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 10:09 AM
look at his ankle.. he broke it on that play.

LMAO! Maybe we should draft him and another Virginia player...like C Kevin Bailey. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:11 AM
yeah.. and maybe i should root for the pats. :rolleyes:

:tongue:

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by matt
I know the fashionable thing to say now is that first round QBs have a good chance to be a bust. Well let me play Devils advocate for a minute. True many good Qbs are taken in later rounds, however the odds of them making it grow increasingly less- QBs are busts in any round you take them, because the demands of the system. Sure later rounds have produced the likes of Brady, Montana, and Fouts. Early rounds have had the likes of Kelly, Elway, Marino, Manning, Unitas, Namath, and Bradshaw. Sure there have been early round busts such as Leaf, or Shuler. However the nature of the beast is the QB position it is not a science that is perfect. If you want a player you have to take risks. Sure as you go down the draft the farther you fall the less pressure to get it right, but that does not mean that the chances increase to get a great player, in fact the opposite is true your odds decrease, as does the pressure to get it right. By the way QBs are not the only busts in the first round, every position has huge dissapointments. The 49ers took JJ stokes in the 1st, the next year they took TO in the 4th. There are many examples of this at every position in every year, QBs being the stars of the show just get more pub. I do not think that you should force a pick by making a bad trade, nor do I think you pass up a player for a chance. However I am not scared by picking a QB that could be a Super Bowl MVP, or on the cover of a wheaties box wearing Bills Blue.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Unitas was not an early draft pick. He was cut by the Steelers before he landed with the Colts. :ee:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 10:29 AM
:gag:

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 10:32 AM
And yes, I was afraid that Unitas was going to come off the bench in Super Bowl III and lead the Colts to victory. :ee:

Dantheman1280
04-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Went cant draft Lousman, have you ever seen the guy he is like the ghost of RJ. Even If he does well could you look at that face every sunday and not puke from past memories?

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
Went cant draft Lousman, have you ever seen the guy he is like the ghost of RJ. Even If he does well could you look at that face every sunday and not puke from past memories?
tell me why he reminds you of rj?

Michael82
04-21-2004, 11:23 AM
tell me why he reminds you of rj?

Tell me why Matt Schaub is a bad pick...other than the fact that he is from Virginia.

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 03:19 PM

You want his address? :snicker:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Tell me why Matt Schaub is a bad pick...other than the fact that he is from Virginia.

noodle arm and from virginia are good enough reasons for me..

oh.. and he is a pussy who cant play hurt..

oh.. and he is from virginia.

plus, i hold the school he went to against him.

plus.. he is a cavalier.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
You want his address? :snicker:

if he posts another picture, yes.

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 04:03 PM
I'll keep it in mind ;)

HenryRules
04-21-2004, 05:31 PM
If we aren't addressing our OL more this offseason, then I really don't want us giving up next year's #1 under any circumstances. With our talent right now, I think we're right about ready for a 6-10 season again next year, and I don't think we should trade away a 5-10 pick next year (this year is a fluke with us drafting so low with our record).

Michael82
04-22-2004, 07:26 PM

Here ya go, T! :snicker:

http://www.thesabre.com/sabremail/images/matt_schaub001b.jpg