X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

New Bills Related Rumors.

This is from Nolan Nawrocki (Profootball weekly) in a chat at espn.com today:

Eric Rohloff(Vernon NJ): Nolan, Do you think the Bills will trade up, if so.. for who? Thanks.

Nolan Nawrocki: (5:06 PM ET ) I think there's a small chance they'll move down, but more likely than not, will stay where they are at.

Stan - (West Des Moines, Iowa): Hi, thanks for the chat. Some of the latest rumors have the Browns now preferring a QB with the #7 pick as opposed to a defensive back or trying to trade up for Gallery. Is the QB rumor a smokescreen? What do you think the Browns will do? Thanks.

Nolan Nawrocki: (5:11 PM ET ) Browns owner Randy Lerner met with Rivers. Any time an owner gets involved, you know there is serious interest. Jeff Garcia is not a long-term answer. From what I've been told, the Browns want Gallery badly. If they can't work a deal with the Raiders to get him, their attention will turn to Sean Taylor. If Taylor is gone, and there's a good chance he is, it becomes a decision between Rivers and DeAngelo Hall. Hall's added value as a returner could be the difference, but don't count out Rivers, especially if the Steelers move up to No. 6 to get him, like I've heard they have expressed interest in doing.

Ken (Pittsburgh, PA): Do you really think the Steelers will invest the #11 pick on Rivers? I have no doubts he will be a terrific NFL Qb but i also have doubts as to what this team will look like in 3 years when he is really ready to take off. I feel the best move the Steelers could make is to draft DeAngelo Hall (unlikely that he will be there)or Dunta Robinson. If both are gone before #11 they should drop back and draft Shawn Andrews.

Nolan Nawrocki: (5:39 PM ET ) All valid points Ken. I've been told the Steelers are considering moving up to No. 6 to get Rivers. But I think DeAngelo Hall might be the true object of their desire. There's a good chance the Browns will take one of those two players, so moving ahead of them would be logical. The question is, would they be willing to give up their second-round pick for him. Rivers is an exceptional talent. Not many quarterbacks can be effective as rookie starters, but Rivers started every game of his college career at North Carolina State. He is very well seasoned. Like Peyton Manning, I think he has the potential to be in the Pro Bowl in his second year. His character, intangibles and mental makeup are better than Eli Manning's. The Steelers would be getting a great player if they can land him.

Just to give you an idea what can possiblt be going down... who knows how much is true.
Working...
X