This is why you dont take a WR in the 1st!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

This is why you dont take a WR in the 1st!

guys like this...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

i know alot of you want the pretty skill position pick.. but if our offensive line isnt drastically improved, drew will not have time to get the ball out of his hands.. again.

guys.. this is the deepest WR draft in years.. do you realize that a guy like colbert should be in the first round? he will probably go in the early third. jenkins would be a high first in another draft. woods would be a high first rounder.. it looks like evans has moved himself up to the mid first round (which is too high).

Dont get me wrong.. i can understand drooling over a guy like Roy williams.. or Fitz.. i can maybe even understand Mike williams.. but reggie williams? Lee Evans? with number 13?? puleeeze.

you all know as well as i do.. FOOTBALL STARTS IN THE TRENCHES!!!.. teams with strong lines win games and go to the playoffs.. carolina was a perfect example.. one really good wr.. a half decent qb.. but 2 good rbs.. and two great great lines..

how can you disagree with that time proven formula for success?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

for my money.. this is my dream right now.

trade down w/ philly. for their 1st, 2nd and 4th next year.

1st pick - carey (G)
    2nd pick - losman (QB)
    2nd 2nd pick - grove (C)
    3rd pick - lavalais (DT)
    3rd 3rd pick (trade next years 2nd) - colbert (WR)
    4th pick - peters (TE)
    5th pick - karney (FB)
    7th pick - van pelt (QB)
    7th pick - any kicker

that draft right there would make us a championship team much sooner rather than later. that is one serious smash mouth draft that would be tough to beat.
    Last edited by Tatonka; 04-21-2004, 09:47 AM.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
      for my money.. this is my dream right now.

trade down w/ philly. for their 1st, 2nd and 4th.

1st pick - carey (G)
      2nd pick - losman (QB)
      2nd 2nd pick - grove (C)
      3rd pick - lavalais (DT)
      3rd 3rd pick (trade next years 2nd) - colbert (WR)
      4th pick - peters (TE)
      5th pick - karney (FB)
      7th pick - van pelt (QB)
      7th pick - any kicker

that draft right there would make us a championship team much sooner rather than later. that is one serious smash mouth draft that would be tough to beat.
      who are your DEs next year?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
        WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
        • Mar 2003

Dude, you know I'd sound off with my support on that. The WRs are deep in this draft, but many GMs (parcells - I hate him) consider this a very weak O-line draft. Let's get one of the studs early.

Hell, Carey OR Grove would be such an improvement. I really hope TD doesn't try to look for sleepers in the late rounds. GIVE MCNALLY SOME BEEF!!

Jennings probably won't be back next year. LTs aren't cheap. Big Mike could step up and move to LT in 2005. That will be another hole to fill. Build for the future.
        Last edited by BuffaloRanger; 04-21-2004, 09:11 AM.
        Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I would love this draft. It would fix most of our offensive problems, which is what I think needs to be done - 2 stud O linemen, a great QB of the future, a mammoth TE, a big FB, and a pretty good WR.

While I'm not totally sold on Colbert, I would sign up for this draft in its entirety right now.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            Schobel and Kelsay.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

I think if one of the QB's is gone, then we absolutely have to go with Vernon Carey in the first, trading down I mean and taking a QB later. I have watched Carey for some time now here in S Florida and he is absolutely a stud. Makes people look like little children sometimes.

Although, lately I have been getting this sinking feeling that TD may try and land Kurt Warner after June 1st since it looks like Slash will not be a Bill.

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                • Mar 2003

I love Peters and Karney there too. If they are there I'd hope TD doesn't disappoint us.

The Bills can't get by with just an average O-line. I want some nasty lineman that can dominate. Right now there is no competition at Center. And who's the back-up? Competition is a good thing.
                Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Karney in the 5th is too high id rather have him in the 6th.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    i am willing to give kelsay another year.. and if need be, we can get a starting DE in FA next year if he doesnt work out.. OR go DE in the first round of 2005.. a good rookie DE could potentially come in and start right away.

both may be necessary if we lose schobel..

but adding lavalais would give us some quality depth, and hopefully edwards will play well and provide us for some hope at DT after pat and sam are gone.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      Karney in the 5th is too high id rather have him in the 6th.
                      well.. we dont have a 6th.. that is why you pick him there.. and he could even go as early as the 4th..

i am actually more sure than any other pick in the draft that we will end up with karney... i dont know why.

Comment

• ryjam282
                        Offical Billszone Starting QB
                        • Mar 2003

I sure hope so. That guy is a mack truck

Ryan Withey
                        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

well.. we dont have a 6th.. that is why you pick him there.. and he could even go as early as the 4th..

i am actually more sure than any other pick in the draft that we will end up with karney... i dont know why.
                          Hell I would take Karney in the 4th and be happy.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

God I hope not
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                              God I hope not
                              ? why is that? what other guy could you get that is tops at his position in the 5th round? a kicker?

Comment

Working...
                              X