PDA

View Full Version : The Bills Would have Picked Mike Williams

tampabay25690
04-21-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey guys, I just happened to go to a few of my sites that I check daily. And it said that if Mike Williams was available the BILLS were gonna jump on him.....

profootballtalk.com

Ebenezer
04-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
profootballtalk.com

reliable source.... [/sarcasm]

Jan Reimers
04-21-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm glad he's ineligible. Too slow.

Ingtar33
04-21-2004, 12:00 PM
this is like saying, if Eli Manning, Ben R, Sean Taylor, Robert Gallery, Larry Fitzgerald... et al are available the bills would jump on him.

Of course they'd jump on a blue chip 1st rounder.

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Please stop mentioning that ridiculous website it's horrible!

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
this is like saying, if Eli Manning, Ben R, Sean Taylor, Robert Gallery, Larry Fitzgerald... et al are available the bills would jump on him.

Of course they'd jump on a blue chip 1st rounder.

you like mike? even with his lack of speed?

BuffaloBlakely14
04-21-2004, 12:07 PM
Tatonka I love your opinions and value tehm greatly...and consider you one of the top posters around...seem to have an incredible football knowledge...but I am going to have to say that Mike Williams would have been the steal of the draft at #13...he dominates flat out...uncoverable in the red zone, where we have serious problems...the ESPN Draft special segment on him was unbelievable....his hand work at getting off the line was incredible...teaching Michael Irvin things...Irvin who I hate...had his most insightful analysis when talking about Williams, and ranked him as the best WR in the draft...also they are guaranteed he would start as a rookie...

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
Tatonka I love your opinions and value tehm greatly...and consider you one of the top posters around...seem to have an incredible football knowledge...but I am going to have to say that Mike Williams would have been the steal of the draft at #13...he dominates flat out...uncoverable in the red zone, where we have serious problems...the ESPN Draft special segment on him was unbelievable....his hand work at getting off the line was incredible...teaching Michael Irvin things...Irvin who I hate...had his most insightful analysis when talking about Williams, and ranked him as the best WR in the draft...also they are guaranteed he would start as a rookie...

hey, i appreciate that.. i dont want you to get the wrong impression.. i am not down on him at all.. it is common knowlege that he does not have top flight speed.. i was simply looking for ingtars input on him, because i am somewhat... hmm.. indifferent i guess is the word.. i dont really know if i believe his skills will transfer to the nfl.. but then again.. he may be dominant.. cant make up my mind.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 12:11 PM
let me add to that.. i am sure he will be successful as a possession receiver.. what i dont know is if he will be a viable deep threat.. and that was what i was asking about.

BuffaloBlakely14
04-21-2004, 12:15 PM
I hear you....the speed is questionable...the analysts on the show were talking about how it doesnt amtter how fast you are if you cant get off the line or have the football smarts to run a pattern....guys with 4.3s then turn in 4.9s on the field...and make asses of themselves...they said speed was not a concern for Mike Williams...I think that I might be overly high on Mike...but for some reason I realy like the kid

BuffaloBlakely14
04-21-2004, 12:16 PM
I do however think that Devery Henderson in the 2nd could be an amazing pickup

cordog
04-21-2004, 03:11 PM
He might be eligble to come out afterall. Ginsberg requested the NFL to submit a written argument by tomorrow. Seeing that she did not have to take the case at all looks pretty promising for Clarett and Williams

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
I do however think that Devery Henderson in the 2nd could be an amazing pickup

devery is a burner.. and ALOT like reed.. a converted RB. he is more of a project.. not a great route runner.. and a little stiff, but he will stretch the field immediately.

Originally posted by cordog
He might be eligble to come out afterall. Ginsberg requested the NFL to submit a written argument by tomorrow. Seeing that she did not have to take the case at all looks pretty promising for Clarett and Williams

if nothing else.. he should move another good player down to us..

Dozerdog
04-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
Hey guys, I just happened to go to a few of my sites that I check daily. And it said that if Mike Williams was available the BILLS were gonna jump on him.....

profootballtalk.com

Well, I guess the assclowns at ProFootballTalk can't get this wrong since it won't happen.

I heard the Buffalo Bills were going to hire Vince Lombardi...if he was still alive

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:42 PM
:rofl:

chernobylwraiths
04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Well, I guess the assclowns at ProFootballTalk can't get this wrong since it won't happen.

I heard the Buffalo Bills were going to hire Vince Lombardi...if he was still alive

Wouldn't he be about 100 by now? ;)

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:48 PM
your thinking of marv levy.

BADTHINGSMAN
04-21-2004, 10:21 PM
ProFootball well whatever the hell that dumb site is, its just another Brian H site.. Brian can make a decent website but has no clue how to manage one, and it looks like he picked a crack crew chief..