7. Mark Pierce FB
7. Cedric Hillard DT

Just my 2 cents worth

Novacane
04-21-2004, 12:33 PM
I like round 2 and 3 but the rest sucks. JMO

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 12:41 PM
i like that draft if you swap the morant pick w/ the 7th round DT pick.. take a DT in the 4th and a second wr in the 7th.

abney would be a great pick in the 7th.

Jan Reimers
04-21-2004, 12:41 PM
I like it. It's all about my favorite theme - fixing our pathetic offense.

L.A. Playa
04-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Thats because I think unless you make a trade I think picke 12-18 are actually the worst in the draft went for OL and WR very bustable players based on where they where selected

Jan Reimers
04-21-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i like that draft if you swap the morant pick w/ the 7th round DT pick.. take a DT in the 4th and a second wr in the 7th.

abney would be a great pick in the 7th.

Good idea, T. Abney might just be that return man we've lacked for so long.

L.A. Playa
04-21-2004, 12:44 PM
you can get more depth and quality replacement s for potential defensive losses next year in FA and draft also have enough guys developing hopefully to step up Morant is a project and since ther are more practice squad players this year why not take a shot

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Good idea, T. Abney might just be that return man we've lacked for so long.

i love that kid... he could also be a great gunner.. tasker was about the same size.. i dont know how well he could manuver off the line as a gunner.. but if he had the skill to break off the line against blockers.. he could be sick with that speed..

and his return skills are ridiculous. dangelo hall would be the only other guy that may have that much impact as a rookie as a returner.. imho.

willis_mchenry
04-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Here was my draft using the Draft O Matic, I think I did a good job but what the hell do I know? Rivers most likely won't be there but here it is.

RD 1 - Philip Rivers, QB, NC St.
RD 2 - Jake Grove, C, VT
RD 3 - Isaac Hilton, DE, Hampton
RD 4 - Jason Peters, TE, Arkansas
RD 5 - Shawntae Spencer, CB, Pittsburgh
RD 7a - Derek Abney, WR, Kentucky
RD 7b - Steve Azar, K/P, N. Ill.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
you can get more depth and quality replacement s for potential defensive losses next year in FA and draft also have enough guys developing hopefully to step up Morant is a project and since ther are more practice squad players this year why not take a shot

i like morant alot.. i just hope he doesnt act like a uninterested jerky like he did in college. he should have dominated.. and did when he was in the mood, but that wasnt all the time.

Originally posted by willis_mchenry
Here was my draft using the Draft O Matic, I think I did a good job but what the hell do I know? Rivers most likely won't be there but here it is.

RD 1 - Philip Rivers, QB, NC St.
RD 2 - Jake Grove, C, VT
RD 3 - Isaac Hilton, DE, Hampton
RD 4 - Jason Peters, TE, Arkansas
RD 5 - Shawntae Spencer, CB, Pittsburgh
RD 7a - Derek Abney, WR, Kentucky
RD 7b - Steve Azar, K/P, N. Ill.

good draft.

L.A. Playa
04-21-2004, 01:11 PM
My question is

Is this draft really that good or is there more covereage and hype to make the draft an event and keep the NFL in the headlines year round so all the players just look so good ???

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 01:13 PM
it is really that good.

L.A. Playa
04-21-2004, 01:16 PM
Based on that all the players are that good its just up to preference any pick in the first day should be a good draft it will be up to the coaches to be coaches not teachers LMAO

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 01:17 PM
agreed.