PDA

View Full Version : I had to take Friday off...

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:45 PM
i am so geeked about the upcoming draft and all its potential, that i had to bite the bullet and take a vacation day.. i will probably have 15 or so people at my house, so I am using the excuse that i will be cleaning.. but the truth is.. i cant sit at this desk on friday.. no way.

anyone else? probably not. and most of you are unemployed anyway. :D

:cheers: to a great draft.

:calm:

DraftBoy
04-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Im skipping classes

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

:calm:

OK Lee Elia.... :mad:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:54 PM
:rofl:

wait.. who is that?

:snicker:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
OK Lee Elia.... :mad:

if you live in a retirement home, you dont count. :D

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Transcript of famous tirade of Lee Elia who was stark raving mad about the Cub fans (he was the manager): (We'll see how well the censor works :pray: )

"**** those ****in' fans who come out here and say they're Cub fans that are supposed to be behind you rippin' every ****in' thing you do. I'll tell you one ****in' thing, I hope we get ****in' hotter than ****, just to stuff it up them 3,000 ****in' people that show up every ****in' day, because if they're the real Chicago ****in' fans, they can kiss my ****in' ass right downtown and PRINT IT.

"They're really, really behind you around here... my ****in' ass. What the **** am I supposed to do, go out there and let my ****in' players get destroyed every day and be quiet about it? For the ****in' nickel-dime people who turn up? The mother****ers don't even work. That's why they're out at the ****in' game. They oughta go out and get a ****in' job and find out what it's like to go out and earn a ****in' living. Eighty-five percent of the ****in' world is working. The other fifteen percent come out here. A ****in' playground for the ****suckers. Rip them mother****ers. Rip them ****in' ****suckers like the ****in' players. we got guys bustin' their ****in' ass, and them ****in' people boo. And that's the Cubs? My players get around here. I haven't seen it this ****in' year. Everybody associated with this organization have been winners their whole ****in' life. Everybody. And the credit is not given in that respect.

"Alright, they don't show because we're 5 and 14... and unfortunately, that's the criteria of them dumb 15 mother****in' percent that come out to day baseball. The other 85 percent are earning a living. I tell you, it'll take more than a 5 and 12 or 5 and 14 to destroy the makeup of this club. I guarantee you that. There's some ****in' pros out there that wanna win. But you're stuck in a ****in' stigma of the ****in' Dodgers and the Phillies and the Cardinals and all that cheap ****. It's unbelievable. It really is. It's a disheartening ****in' situation that we're in right now. Anybody who was associated with the Cub organization four or five years ago that came back and sees the multitude of progress that's been made will understand that if they're baseball people, that 5 and 14 doesn't negate all that work. We got 143 ****in' games left.

"What I'm tryin' to say is don't rip them ****in' guys out there. Rip me. If you wanna rip somebody, rip my ****in' ass. But don't rip them ****in' guys 'cause they're givin' everything they can give. And right now they're tryin' to do more than God gave 'em, and that's why we make the simple mistakes. That's exactly why."

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 02:59 PM
http://www.student.loretto.org/digitalphotography/period%201/hannah%20oleary/emotions/excited_good.jpg

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:02 PM
that has to be the best interview ever in the history of interviews!

when the hell was that from?

had to be somewhat recent if he busted out with a ********** comment.. rofl.

DraftBoy
Nice personal pic Spaz

2000TH POST!!!!!!! :party:

Tatonka
is that you spaz?

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Nice personal pic Spaz

:rofl: u just beat me.

LtBillsFan66
04-21-2004, 03:04 PM
I'm excited about the draft, but not enough to effect my life in any way.

nolimit
04-21-2004, 03:05 PM
i am so geeked

you're right you are a geek! :jk: :D :banme:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I'm excited about the draft, but not enough to effect my life in any way.

you need to leave.. this thread is for real fans. :snicker:

Originally posted by nolimit
you're right you are a geek! :jk: :D :banme:

:chair:

lordofgun
04-21-2004, 03:08 PM
I'm getting out an hour early because it's my birthday. :(

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I'm getting out an hour early because it's my birthday. :(

congrats on the big SIX - 0!

Michael82
04-21-2004, 03:15 PM
That was a great interview, EE! :lol:

chernobylwraiths
04-21-2004, 03:54 PM
and most of you are unemployed anyway. :D

That's not nice. True, but not nice. :)

Dantheman1280
04-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Im skipping school friday

THATHURMANATOR
04-21-2004, 04:50 PM
Nope some of us will be working.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-21-2004, 04:55 PM
Some of us will be going to school.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-21-2004, 04:55 PM
What the hell is wrong with my sig!!!

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Sig is Back to normal :)

TigerJ
04-21-2004, 05:04 PM
"congrats on the big SIX - 0!"

LOG is sixty months old now?!

I not only work on Friday, I have a two hour meeting Saturday morning, followed by an obligatory group lunch at noon, followed by a nearly 2 hour ride home in someone else's vehicle (no control over the radio). I may make it to a TV by 3 PM. I'm sure I will have missed the Bills' first pick, especially if they trade up.

BillsRockSOMUCH
04-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
"congrats on the big SIX - 0!"

LOG is sixty months old now?!

I not only work on Friday, I have a two hour meeting Saturday morning, followed by an obligatory group lunch at noon, followed by a nearly 2 hour ride home in someone else's vehicle (no control over the radio). I may make it to a TV by 3 PM. I'm sure I will have missed the Bills' first pick, especially if they trade up.

Take control of the radio. :snicker:

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 05:33 PM
This was in the pre Harry Caray days. Lee couldn't figure out why the fans were getting on them. They were only 5-14. :snicker:

justasportsfan
04-21-2004, 05:44 PM
i am so geeked about the upcoming draft and all its potential, that i had to bite the bullet and take a vacation day.. i will probably have 15 or so people at my house, so I am using the excuse that i will be cleaning.. but the truth is.. i cant sit at this desk on friday.. no way.

:cheers: to a great draft.

:calm: wow. You really need to get ajob that has something to do w/ football if that's the case. Why don't you send out your resume'. Maybe iIngtar can help you out and maybe you could be a scout.

Hey INgtar, you guys need girl scouts?

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Hey INgtar, you guys need girl scouts?

repressed sexual desires, huh?

:tongue: