PDA

View Full Version : Lee Evans

TypicalBill
04-21-2004, 02:49 PM
so i was at ESPN checking out one of those online interviews where they interview draft prospects.

Lee Evans came up and here's something that was said.

Q_ Lee, how was your visit to the Bills, were they really interested?

A_ It went very well, probably the best visit i took

Q_What teams have you visited, and which teams showed the most interest?

A_ Buffalo.

Michael82
04-21-2004, 02:51 PM
Trade down and get Lee Evans..... :drool:

:bf1:

Bulldog
04-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Did anyone hear the interview with Evans on WNSA? I think it was on Simon's show. If so, what did he have to say?

DraftBoy
04-21-2004, 02:54 PM
I would take him near 20 but not anything above 15. His workout has helped him out alot and I think hes a good WR one of the best but I dont wanna reach for him then again ive been surprised before.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:57 PM
he is peerless with somewhat better hands, imho.

not a bad thing. just not a huge need.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
just a question.. what makes lee evans 2 rounds better than colbert?

not speed.. and not hands.. marginal difference in size.

hmm.

:idea: maybe colbert is underated?

TypicalBill
04-21-2004, 03:06 PM
IMO,

Colbert was the #2 WR on his team so that played a role, teams paid a lot of attention to the other side. Didn't prove he could be a #1 WR (njot saying he cant or wont)

USC's offense is IMO the best in college football.... so the system plays a role.

Leinart (Spe?) was phenomenal last season, so he got help there.

I dont think he's underrated, i see him picked in rd 2.

Originally posted by Tatonka
just a question.. what makes lee evans 2 rounds better than colbert?

not speed.. and not hands.. marginal difference in size.

hmm.

:idea: maybe colbert is underated?

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:07 PM
i see more value in him than evans.. at this point.. since evans has sky rocketed.

TypicalBill
04-21-2004, 03:16 PM
i see more value in him than evans.. at this point.. since evans has sky rocketed.

I dont know about that, Evans has played against his opposition's #1 corner most of his career. Teams have adjusted their defensive plans when playing him and he still made play after play.. he makes clutch plays all the time when it matters.

having said that, i like Colbert too, the only reason Im not too sold on him is because he hasn't played the role of a #1 receiver but a team could take a chance on him, he has the raw skills.

at this point i would deffinately take Evans over Colbert.

TypicalBill
04-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Evans does have a past injury issue... it was serious i think. Thats the only reason his stock dropped from the season before the last... he missed the whole season. He was one of the top WR's a few years back and i remember how unfortunate it was for him to suffer the injury and lose all that momentum.

ryjam282
04-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Evans has done nothing but impress since the combine.

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 03:27 PM
Evans was the only receiver in Wisconsin and he produced every year except the year he hurt his knee.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:32 PM
i am not concerned about evans blowing his knee out.. he seems to have cleared that..

on colbert.. he is working in a pro offense.. i think that a plus for him.. that will help him in the transition..

he is also a senior.. mike williams has only been there for 2 years.. and we have no way of knowing if colbert didnt keep some of the pressure off mike.. u know?

i like them both.. but i think that the value is in colbert if he can be had in the 3rd.

TypicalBill
04-21-2004, 03:42 PM
i am not concerned about evans blowing his knee out.. he seems to have cleared that..

on colbert.. he is working in a pro offense.. i think that a plus for him.. that will help him in the transition..

he is also a senior.. mike williams has only been there for 2 years.. and we have no way of knowing if colbert didnt keep some of the pressure off mike.. u know?

i like them both.. but i think that the value is in colbert if he can be had in the 3rd.

yeah, i know where you're coming from...

Think about this though, If Evans can do that against double teams ,and defensive alignments that are made to stop him... think about what he'd do one on one with Moulds taking a lot of the pressure + our running game. Also with rookies not getting respect until they prove themselves as a consistent threat, i think he'd blossom here, and he knows it according to this Q&A and other reports that i heard of.

I think he'd be a great fit here, and he would stretch defenses which was something we lacked this past season.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
yeah, i know where you're coming from...

Think about this though, If Evans can do that against double teams ,and defensive alignments that are made to stop him... think about what he'd do one on one with Moulds taking a lot of the pressure + our running game. Also with rookies not getting respect until they prove themselves as a consistent threat, i think he'd blossom here, and he knows it according to this Q&A and other reports that i heard of.

I think he's be a great fit here, and he would stretch defenses which was something we lacked this past season.

that goes for most college wrs.. most of the guys drafted were the number one on their team and are used to be focused on. especially the guys in the first-3rd rounds.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:44 PM
josh reed had 1700 yards his senior year.. maybe they should have triple covered him.

TypicalBill
04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
josh reed had 1700 yards his senior year.. maybe they should have triple covered him.

you mean they should've triple covered him in the pros or college?

if you mean last year, why would they? he never proved he could stretch a defense, there was too much talk about him replacing Peerless and all that which got to him because of his age. Bledsoe struggled, Offensive line was horrible at pass protecting. Our whole offense was horrible. With Jennings injured for the season, Moulds missing games and not coming back at 100% all that factored into it. It all came down to his ability to stretch the defense and he couldn't do that, he's better suited at the slot because of his route running.

i hope thats what you meant, sorry if i misunderstood...

TypicalBill
04-21-2004, 03:59 PM
that goes for most college wrs.. most of the guys drafted were the number one on their team and are used to be focused on. especially the guys in the first-3rd rounds.

not every #1 receiver gets double teamed and cause defensive coordinator headaches.

:D

matt
04-21-2004, 04:17 PM
I like evans as a reciever, however I think the Bills should start getting ready for the possible departure of Moulds. He is coming of a season where he had nagging injuries and his cap number is getting outrages( I say 2 more years if not just one). If we draft Evans I hope that we get another reciever in or around round 3 somewhere, I like PK Sam he is coming out early and that probably hurts him but he is over 6'1 and he is strong with good quickness. Then again Burress is a free agent after this year and pittsburgh is looking like they will not resign him. Now for a little conspiracy theory. Buffalo excersised the option on teague, who has expierence at tackle and jennings is a free agent at the end of the year, along with schobel and williams. Watch Buffalo let Jennings walk because they will get a gaurd/center in the first day allowing Jennings to leave and move teague over to tackle. They will put a transition tag on Schobel and let williams walk, because of this I think they will take a big space eater in the middle rounds.

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by matt
I like evans as a reciever, however I think the Bills should start getting ready for the possible departure of Moulds. He is coming of a season where he had nagging injuries and his cap number is getting outrages( I say 2 more years if not just one). If we draft Evans I hope that we get another reciever in or around round 3 somewhere, I like PK Sam he is coming out early and that probably hurts him but he is over 6'1 and he is strong with good quickness. Then again Burress is a free agent after this year and pittsburgh is looking like they will not resign him. Now for a little conspiracy theory. Buffalo excersised the option on teague, who has expierence at tackle and jennings is a free agent at the end of the year, along with schobel and williams. Watch Buffalo let Jennings walk because they will get a gaurd/center in the first day allowing Jennings to leave and move teague over to tackle. They will put a transition tag on Schobel and let williams walk, because of this I think they will take a big space eater in the middle rounds.

Welcome to the Zone Matt and post more often.:beers:

matt
04-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks

finsrclowns
04-21-2004, 05:22 PM
If TD trades down he may have in mind gaining an additional 2nd round pick, which he could then use to draft Losman. In order to gain a 2nd you'd have to move down to around 22, which is Dallas, who may want to move up to draft Steven Jackson. Dallas' 2nd round pick is 52, which is in front of GB, another team possibly interested in Losman. The question is: will Evans last until 22?

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
you mean they should've triple covered him in the pros or college?

if you mean last year, why would they? he never proved he could stretch a defense, there was too much talk about him replacing Peerless and all that which got to him because of his age. Bledsoe struggled, Offensive line was horrible at pass protecting. Our whole offense was horrible. With Jennings injured for the season, Moulds missing games and not coming back at 100% all that factored into it. It all came down to his ability to stretch the defense and he couldn't do that, he's better suited at the slot because of his route running.

i hope thats what you meant, sorry if i misunderstood...

i mean in college, goof. he has 1700 yards his senior year in college.. they should have tripled him then.. he still would have gotten about 1400 :D

ShadowHawk7
04-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Trade down and get Lee Evans..... :drool:

:bf1:

:pray: :drool: :pray: :drool: :pray: :drool: :pray: :drool:

ShadowHawk7
04-21-2004, 06:47 PM
1. Evans
2. Grove
2. Losman

ShadowHawk7