X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

Lee Evans

so i was at ESPN checking out one of those online interviews where they interview draft prospects.

Lee Evans came up and here's something that was said.

Q_ Lee, how was your visit to the Bills, were they really interested?

A_ It went very well, probably the best visit i took

Q_What teams have you visited, and which teams showed the most interest?

A_ Buffalo.
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Trade down and get Lee Evans.....

Comment

• Bulldog
      Top Dog
      • Jan 2003

Did anyone hear the interview with Evans on WNSA? I think it was on Simon's show. If so, what did he have to say?
      I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I would take him near 20 but not anything above 15. His workout has helped him out alot and I think hes a good WR one of the best but I dont wanna reach for him then again ive been surprised before.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

he is peerless with somewhat better hands, imho.

not a bad thing. just not a huge need.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

just a question.. what makes lee evans 2 rounds better than colbert?

not speed.. and not hands.. marginal difference in size.

hmm.

maybe colbert is underated?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TypicalBill
              • Sep 2002

IMO,

Colbert was the #2 WR on his team so that played a role, teams paid a lot of attention to the other side. Didn't prove he could be a #1 WR (njot saying he cant or wont)

USC's offense is IMO the best in college football.... so the system plays a role.

Leinart (Spe?) was phenomenal last season, so he got help there.

I dont think he's underrated, i see him picked in rd 2.

Originally posted by Tatonka
              just a question.. what makes lee evans 2 rounds better than colbert?

not speed.. and not hands.. marginal difference in size.

hmm.

maybe colbert is underated?

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i see more value in him than evans.. at this point.. since evans has sky rocketed.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                  • Sep 2002

i see more value in him than evans.. at this point.. since evans has sky rocketed.
                  I dont know about that, Evans has played against his opposition's #1 corner most of his career. Teams have adjusted their defensive plans when playing him and he still made play after play.. he makes clutch plays all the time when it matters.

having said that, i like Colbert too, the only reason Im not too sold on him is because he hasn't played the role of a #1 receiver but a team could take a chance on him, he has the raw skills.

at this point i would deffinately take Evans over Colbert.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                    • Sep 2002

Evans does have a past injury issue... it was serious i think. Thats the only reason his stock dropped from the season before the last... he missed the whole season. He was one of the top WR's a few years back and i remember how unfortunate it was for him to suffer the injury and lose all that momentum.

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

Evans has done nothing but impress since the combine.

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Evans was the only receiver in Wisconsin and he produced every year except the year he hurt his knee.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i am not concerned about evans blowing his knee out.. he seems to have cleared that..

on colbert.. he is working in a pro offense.. i think that a plus for him.. that will help him in the transition..

he is also a senior.. mike williams has only been there for 2 years.. and we have no way of knowing if colbert didnt keep some of the pressure off mike.. u know?

i like them both.. but i think that the value is in colbert if he can be had in the 3rd.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                            • Sep 2002

i am not concerned about evans blowing his knee out.. he seems to have cleared that..

on colbert.. he is working in a pro offense.. i think that a plus for him.. that will help him in the transition..

he is also a senior.. mike williams has only been there for 2 years.. and we have no way of knowing if colbert didnt keep some of the pressure off mike.. u know?

i like them both.. but i think that the value is in colbert if he can be had in the 3rd.

yeah, i know where you're coming from...

Think about this though, If Evans can do that against double teams ,and defensive alignments that are made to stop him... think about what he'd do one on one with Moulds taking a lot of the pressure + our running game. Also with rookies not getting respect until they prove themselves as a consistent threat, i think he'd blossom here, and he knows it according to this Q&A and other reports that i heard of.

I think he'd be a great fit here, and he would stretch defenses which was something we lacked this past season.

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TypicalBill
                              yeah, i know where you're coming from...

Think about this though, If Evans can do that against double teams ,and defensive alignments that are made to stop him... think about what he'd do one on one with Moulds taking a lot of the pressure + our running game. Also with rookies not getting respect until they prove themselves as a consistent threat, i think he'd blossom here, and he knows it according to this Q&A and other reports that i heard of.

I think he's be a great fit here, and he would stretch defenses which was something we lacked this past season.
                              that goes for most college wrs.. most of the guys drafted were the number one on their team and are used to be focused on. especially the guys in the first-3rd rounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X