That article sucks, and I didn't even read it. :snicker:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:02 PM
that was his best article to date.

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
That article sucks, and I didn't even read it. :snicker:

when are you gonna take that burn victim down from your sig? the chick in the middle.. the good one looks like mel gibson in the man without a face.

willis_mchenry
04-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

At least someone agrees that it was a good article.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 02:06 PM

wys :kissa: Tatonka

BillsMan80
04-21-2004, 02:09 PM
It was ok. I still don't understand the crush for DL here. OL, yes, we must get better, but our defensive line is fine. We can wait a year to address the DLine. Besides, nothing screams out at me in the 1st Round at DL. I think the top DEs and Top DLs are late 1st Round prospect types anyway. I think we'd be much better off with Evans or Williams at 13, because either one of them would start over Josh Reed. It would also be much more beneficial to our team.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 02:09 PM
Wys back on the pain medication again?

Least amount of Drew bashing ever. :up:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
wys :kissa: Tatonka

jerk. :mad:

at least make a true statement if your gonna insult me. :mad:

Originally posted by BillsMan80
I think we'd be much better off with Evans or Williams at 13, because either one of them would start over Josh Reed. It would also be much more beneficial to our team.

yeah.. because i am sure that both of them will be just like boldin or moss. :rolleyes:

rookie wrs always make a huge impact.. especially over a 3rd year wr that is just as fast as williams and is stronger than evans.

Earthquake Enyart
04-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Who crapped in your corn flakes today, T? :eek:

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Who crapped in your corn flakes today, T? :eek:

if i was serious.. i wouldnt have put any faces next to it.

:D

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 03:00 PM
By Mark Weiler
The highlight of the offseason for avid NFL fans unfolds on Saturday as the NFL Draft holds the keys to the future success of every fan’s team. GMs, coaches, and other representatives from each team have been busy generating rumors and false perceptions in order to shroud their teams’ true interests from other teams.

While the true needs of some teams are blatantly apparent, some teams have greater flexibility than others do in being able to staff their teams. Part of the draft day strategy for team officials is also attempting to ascertain what positions the teams in front of their team will likely select. The draft is by no means an exact science and is highly dependent upon months upon months of independent research conducted by teams, some in private, some much more public. ...
more (http://bills.theinsiders.com/2/253514.html)

Tatonka
04-21-2004, 03:04 PM
doofus.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43897

not an hour earlier. :D

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 03:53 PM
doofus.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43897

not an hour earlier. :D
Yeah...I just saw that. I put it up on the front page..figured it hadn't been posted yet, either. :doh:

Dozerdog
04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
I'll chime in as someone who has been critical of his content...

1) Actually pinpointed two areas of need for the team. :bf1: Spending the first two picks would not be wise, however. Especially if there is no trading partner and there is no OL worthy of the 13th pick available.

It stands entirely to reason then that the Bills will be looking to the first two rounds of this draft in order to fix this sketchy offensive line. Whether or not this occurs remains to be seen and will be known shortly. A trade down with a team needing to move up would suit the Bills nicely in this deep draft.

Trading down, if the Bills do not get a coveted player, iis the wise move.

2) He still does not grasp why Trey Teague was brought in here at the price he was brought here. He was paid a good price (Nothing extravigent) to play OT, so the Bills would have the flexibility to draft Joey Harrington if he was there. Teague was a Center at Tennessee, so he was suited to play there, as well as Guard. Is he an average C compared to other C's? Yes. Is he a bad C? No. Does he provide you depth and flexibility in acquiring other OL talent via FAcy or the Draft? Absolutely. Is he better than his predasessor, Bill Conaty? Where is Billy now?

Trey Teague is in the third season of a four year contract and could very possibly be released following this season as an overpriced center.

Teague's option was picked up by Buffalo. they could have just ignored the option if they thought he was a bad center. Smart move by TD.

3)As well, the team and front office floated every excuse in the book last season in order to draw heat away from Drew Bledsoe. As a result, coaching and offensive line play were given 90% of the blame. Given that, it stands to reason that the line needs addressing.

Baseless nonsense. Please provide a link to where all the blame was taken off of Bledsoe's shoulders. 1/3rd belongs to Gillbride. 1/3rd belongs to the OL coach, 1/3rd belongs to Bledsoe. Gregg Williams gets a share of 2/3rds of it.

4- Please spell Villarrial right.
(OK- I'm the pot calling the kettle black on that one)

5-Other than that, the largest issue on defense last season was the inability of the Bills to generate a pass rush with any regularity. Sure, the Bills finished tied for 9th in sacks last season, but other than Aaron Schobel, 70% of those sacks which were generated by the other 6 of the front 7 were generated against only the worst teams in the league and teams which had terrible offensive lines in only five of sixteen games. So a beefed up pass rush would certainly be welcome.
....and when the humidity was greater than 50% but only in day games, with temperatures between 45 and 57 degrees.

Talk about manipulating stats. A simple "We coulda used a sack or two in crunch time" would have sufficed ;)

Overall, not bad......

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 03:55 PM
Is there any mention about Bledsoe in it?

L.A. Playa
04-21-2004, 04:10 PM
I am not a fan of Weiler but I must say that is the best writing I have ever read of his I applaud him for a more insightful less venomous article

Dantheman1280
04-21-2004, 04:12 PM
So we trade down, get Carey, then pick up Grove!!

Dantheman1280
04-21-2004, 04:13 PM
hell yea i have over 1000 zb's

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Dantheman1280
hell yea i have over 1000 zb's

:up:

HAMMER
04-21-2004, 05:17 PM
I firmly agree with Wys, but he is pretty long winded. Geezus, cut the articles in half.

ShadowHawk7
04-21-2004, 06:38 PM
not a bad article, most sense he's made in years.

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
I firmly agree with Wys, but he is pretty long winded. Geezus, cut the articles in half.
:lol:
For Wys, that was short.