• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Reports Out Of Ny - Manning Doesnt Want To Play In San Diego

Per Dolphanmike -FH

XTRA690 (SD station)reported that Archie Manning has come out and stated that Eli does not want to play in San Diego.

Also, the chargers FO seems divided on what to do with the top pick. GM Smith wants to drat Manning, while the coaching staff wants to trade back and grab Rivers.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • hurls
    • Oct 2003

I heard today the Chargers were pretty high on Rivers, maybe we can trade up and get Manning.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by slruh
      I heard today the Chargers were pretty high on Rivers, maybe we can trade up and get Manning.
      Not a chance we trade 12 pots to #1.

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Jim Kelley didn't want to play in buffalo originally but that turned out pretty well.
        Originally posted by paladin warrior
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

I don't like it when other people speak for the player...

I wouldn't wanna play in San Diego either, unless they resigned Humphries and Natrone Means and permanently kept those sweet blue jerseys.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            Per Dolphanmike -FH

XTRA690 (SD station)reported that Archie Manning has come out and stated that Eli does not want to play in San Diego.

Also, the chargers FO seems divided on what to do with the top pick. GM Smith wants to drat Manning, while the coaching staff wants to trade back and grab Rivers.

I'm skeptical. We have heard nothing from the Mannings on any outlet that says they "Don't want to play here"

Actually, it is completely counter-productive. Eli Manning is best served being the #1 overall pick- regardless if it's San Diego or not. If SD does not pick him, and if Oakland and Arizona go in different directions, then Eli stands to miss out on Millions.

Also, Archie and Peyton were both drafted by two of the most disorganized and horrible franchises at the time of their selections- and neither time did they peep once about their teams. With Free Agency the way it is these days- no one makes a big stink about getting drafted by a certain team. With slotting and the salary Cap, players don't hold out into the season very mucjh any more.

I can only think of a handful over the past 5-6 years.

I don't beleive the source. We would have media all over this if it were true

Comment

• That Guy
              • Apr 2004

Well I've been listening to radio stations all day (especially ones in NYC) saying that Giants are trying to trade for the #1 pick. In fact, some Giants officials said they'd be SHOCKED if they didn't end up with the #1 pick to pick Manning. In that case, Chargers would pick Rivers.

I also heard that Raiders are basically going to draft Roy Williams no matter what... but they are trying to trade back to Washington's pick because they don't really want to pay second overall money if they can get him later.

Arizona looks like they have Larry Fitz as a lock.

Most of this courtesy of 'Mike and the Mad Dog'..

Comment

• Billsouth
                • Jul 2002

remember elway and the colts!!

how about boz!!

in any event, it does not look like we will get any of the qbs.

if eli goes to ny and rivers to sd u know pitt will take big ben
                "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Bert102176
                  • Aug 2002

can you blame him for not wanting to play there
                  lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Billsouth
                    • Jul 2002

hell no
                    "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsouth
                      remember elway and the colts!!

how about boz!!

in any event, it does not look like we will get any of the qbs.

if eli goes to ny and rivers to sd u know pitt will take big ben

Those two happened over 20 years ago! Back then there was no cap, and some teams were notoriously cheap and mismanaged

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by That Guy

Arizona looks like they have Larry Fitz as a lock.
                        Imagine if they had a decent QB to go with those recievers

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

As reported on Sportcenter:

GM AJ Smith confirmed Eli's agent called him today and said that they would prefer Eli not go to San Diego. He would prefer NY. Apparently this stems from Eli's father Archie.

Now on a side note let me just state that this is BS, and a complete slap in the face of the NFL. Makes me lose what little respect I had for the manning family.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman

Imagine if they had a decent QB to go with those recievers
                            McCown is more than decent just you wait and see.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              I'm skeptical. We have heard nothing from the Mannings on any outlet that says they "Don't want to play here"

Actually, it is completely counter-productive. Eli Manning is best served being the #1 overall pick- regardless if it's San Diego or not. If SD does not pick him, and if Oakland and Arizona go in different directions, then Eli stands to miss out on Millions.

Also, Archie and Peyton were both drafted by two of the most disorganized and horrible franchises at the time of their selections- and neither time did they peep once about their teams. With Free Agency the way it is these days- no one makes a big stink about getting drafted by a certain team. With slotting and the salary Cap, players don't hold out into the season very mucjh any more.

I can only think of a handful over the past 5-6 years.

I don't beleive the source. We would have media all over this if it were true

Well, it's been backed up by Mortensen on ESPN News-

Manning's agent has told the Chargers he's more interested in playing for New York

Comment

Working...
                              X