PDA

View Full Version : Bills Re-Launch Website In Time For This Weekend's NFL Draft

The_Philster
04-21-2004, 09:51 PM
The newest members of the Buffalo Bills will be added this Saturday and Sunday during the NFL draft and those players will be featured on a newly-designed buffalobills.com.

Bills President/General Manager Tom Donahoe said, "We are very excited about the re-launch of buffalobills.com. We understand how valuable of a communication tool our website is to our fans and there could not be a more suitable time for this re-launch then right before the draft. Buffalobills.com offers our fans a new-feel to our website that brings them closer to the players, coaches and entire organization. We really believe everyone will thoroughly enjoy the new aspects of buffalobills.com."

The re-launch will take place this Thursday and feature vastly improved content, functionality, design, and exclusive contests. Visitors to the site will notice multiple top stories each day, more photos, audio and video of players, coaches and personnel, an interactive "view from your seat" map and a virtual tour of the stadium, and an improved message board for individuals to interact with Bills fans worldwide. The enhanced site will continue to serve as the best source for official team merchandise and tickets....
more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=241156&dsp=press)

But the best info and message boards will still be at www.billszone.com ;)

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-21-2004, 10:38 PM
This proves there's going to be something going down with our first round pick maybe we are going to trade up for Rivers after all or Roethlisburger. Last time the BILLS relaunched our website was when the new jerseys we're unveiled that was big. I don't like the one we have now I'm glad we're relaunching it even though it ranked 4th out of 131 professional sports team web sites :dj: :cheers: :chair: :z: :knock: :couch:

mypoorfriendme
04-21-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
This proves there's going to be something going down with our first round pick maybe we are going to trade up for Rivers after all or Roethlisburger. Last time the BILLS relaunched our website was when the new jerseys we're unveiled that was big. I don't like the one we have now I'm glad we're relaunching it even though it ranked 4th among all other the NFL teams :dj: :cheers: :chair: :z: :knock: :couch:

fourth among all other professional teams i thought...

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-21-2004, 10:48 PM
I edited it

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 12:07 AM
good to hear.. i barely touch bb.com as is.

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2004, 09:32 AM
It's Thursday. Nothing new yet. :(

Dantheman1280
04-22-2004, 09:36 AM
good that site blows rite now

The_Philster
04-22-2004, 03:43 PM
The change is up now :up: Looks sharp

Michael82
04-22-2004, 03:44 PM
That is pretty sweet! It looks like they are trying to compete with our graphics and design. :snicker:

mypoorfriendme
04-22-2004, 04:59 PM
i hate new lay-out and i dont think its just because im used to the old one. im all for the more pictures and videos it promises, but as far as the general look of it, i dont think it looks half as sharp as the other one. this one looks like more of a local band's website or a high schoolers unofficial website...at the top it shuold say something really cheesy like "BrAD's BaD A$$ BiLLz PaGe"

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 05:04 PM
It looks awesome!:up:

BuffaloRanger
04-22-2004, 09:33 PM
Who designs that website? Americaneagle.com I guess. There are some glaring mistakes in design.

Basics like...

- Use white letters instead of black on a dark blue background

- Duplicate NFL Internet Network Frame at the top makes it look amatuer. Click in the blue space next to the Verizon ad at the bottom and even more NFL Internet Network Frames show up. This is easy to fix, and never should have been there in the first place.

- Captions for top stories are way too closte to the left border.

Of course those are format issues. Content looks good.

mypoorfriendme
04-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
Who designs that website? Americaneagle.com I guess. There are some glaring mistakes in design.

Basics like...

- Use white letters instead of black on a dark blue background

- Duplicate NFL Internet Network Frame at the top makes it look amatuer. Click in the blue space next to the Verizon ad at the bottom and even more NFL Internet Network Frames show up. This is easy to fix, and never should have been there in the first place.

- Captions for top stories are way too closte to the left border.

Of course those are format issues. Content looks good.

exactly why i dont like it....what makes you think ae.com did it??

mypoorfriendme
04-22-2004, 09:45 PM
aaaahh...i see, nevermind

thefixer74
04-22-2004, 09:48 PM
:bf1: I think they improved it alot.

mypoorfriendme
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
i take back what i said...theyve already edited the site quite a bit sinse this afternoon....looking better and better.

now if only they can get it a little less busy/crowded on the front page

JJamezz
04-22-2004, 10:02 PM
I like it - its a huge improvement over the last version, which aethetically was a nightmare IMO.

I wonder how much the Bills shelled out for it.