PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Ingtar-

Dozerdog
04-21-2004, 11:20 PM
TE Jason Peters, from Arkansas- He's 325 pounds. Some Mocks have him as a 2nd rounder- I see him as a 4th.

Other than being a third tackle on the field, is there any Buzz around him? Or is he an oddity?

Also- Fullback- Will Buffalo draft one? Who is your favorite and where will he go?

I Like Karney-but will Be happy with Travis Wilson of K-State- Thoughts?

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
TE Jason Peters, from Arkansas- He's 325 pounds. Some Mocks have him as a 2nd rounder- I see him as a 4th.

Other than being a third tackle on the field, is there any Buzz around him? Or is he an oddity?

Also- Fullback- Will Buffalo draft one? Who is your favorite and where will he go?

OMG you stole my thunder!:mad::beers:

DraftBoy
04-21-2004, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog

Please no FB before rd 7

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
Please no FB before rd 7

Yes!:beers:

Ingtar33
04-21-2004, 11:38 PM
oh ho...

Well Peters on pure talent (no size considered) is a 4th-6th round pick. Throw in the fact he can do those things at his size? Well what's it worth to you? I think its hard to take him in the 2nd, but 3rd is not beyond question.

Karney might go in round 2 or 3, or at least he should if teams drafted based upon talent like they should (not position). In the end he'll be a round 4 or 5 pick... maybe.

Ingtar33
04-21-2004, 11:40 PM
as to the Bills drafting a FB... Something tells me that if they get QB and a Speed WR in rounds 1-3, in round 4 they'll nab Karney.

Atleast that what half our mocks look like.

The Spaz
04-21-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
oh ho...

Well Peters on pure talent (no size considered) is a 4th-6th round pick. Throw in the fact he can do those things at his size? Well what's it worth to you? I think its hard to take him in the 2nd, but 3rd is not beyond question.

Karney might go in round 2 or 3, or at least he should if teams drafted based upon talent like they should (not position). In the end he'll be a round 4 or 5 pick... maybe.

I want Karney and Peters that would make me happy as hell.

Ingtar33
04-21-2004, 11:51 PM
I could invision a draft where the Bills nab...

1) Carey
2) Grove
3) Peters
4) Karney

You want a smash mouth game for the next 10 years... that draft will do it

Dozerdog
04-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Stuart Schweigert, Purdue

He's a solid playmaker from Purdue- Do you think he's someone who could compliment Milloy- or is Wire moving to FS sufficient?

I see this guy in the late 2nd or 3rd round

Ingtar33
04-21-2004, 11:53 PM
hrmmm....

I hate Wire at FS. He has very stiff hips, though i do give him a degree of credit at being a rather good pass rusher/run stopper.

Schweigert would make a great round 3 pickup. Im not a bandwagon fan of him.

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 12:04 AM
Williams.. FS from Maryland..

opinions? skill and round?

Ingtar33
04-22-2004, 12:15 AM
Ah... one of those guys who was a fantastic college player, but who might be questionable in the pros. He should be there later in the draft (4th-6th)

He's got the mental skills, but physical ones are questionable...

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 12:21 AM
really? what is it phyiscally? i thought he would be a 3rd rounder or so. he speed is good and coverage is pretty good, and he is a ball hawk.

what am i missing?

he reminds me of Hamlin in seattle (who i really wish we picked)

Ingtar33
04-22-2004, 12:37 AM
Well, FS/SS in college tend to be guys who just cant play CB.

He's one of those guys. He's boarderline (physically) to what you want in the NFL at FS. A bit on the short side, with questionable tackling "technique" and no remarkable speed (good quickness, poor speed). Throw in his… iffy hands and you have a FS who will go from rounds 4-6

BillsMan80
04-22-2004, 12:46 AM
Ing, does Will Smith remind you of Erik Flowers at all? Seems like it to me. 1st 3 years, didn't really contribute much, and then exploded through workouts and all. Just seems to me that no DE in this class could really help the Bills.

Also, how do you grade out Lee Evans and Reggie Williams? Personally, I think both are future stars, and have the potential to be quality #1 guys. Reggie is somewhat in the mold of TO and Evans, Harrison. I think both would be great additions to our passing game.

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
I could invision a draft where the Bills nab...

1) Carey
2) Grove
3) Peters
4) Karney

You want a smash mouth game for the next 10 years... that draft will do it
:hubba:

*Send to: Mike Mularkey; Tom Donahoe; Tom Modrak
CC: Ralph Wilson*

Dantheman1280
04-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Intar, your draft is perfect. It is fit for a power game for the ages. Then we could pick up a QB late and Derek Abney or however you spell it

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2004, 09:29 AM
I can't wait till we draft Peters. Then we can really have some fun in the "Why Kurt Warner would be a perfect fit for the Bills" thread. :snicker:

Dantheman1280
04-22-2004, 09:32 AM
LOL!!

Ingtar33
04-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Will Smith is no Eric Flowers.

Flowers was a questionable draft pick, largely due to the fact he was very small, and mostly a 1 move pass rusher (an outside speed rush)

Will Smith is a bit bigger than flowers, has an array of pass rush moves, and can play the run. He'll likely go either high first to a 3-4 D to play Sam LB, or middle of the round to a 4-3 D to play LE. He really is borderline large enough to play DE for a 4-3, but he as a good frame to add another 15 pounds.

Bmax
04-22-2004, 11:11 AM
Ing,

Not a fan of tommie harris or phillip rivers .....give me your take on the possibility of jp losman sliding into rd 2 to buffalo and your thoughts on will allen of ohio st at fs .. I have seen this guy make play after play in college....Int's, fumble returns for td's and of course the big hit on mcgahee....Nice cover skills..needs work on tackling some what ....

Thoughts ?

Bmax

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 11:22 AM
he has stated that he doesnt like losman at all.. skills but no intangibles.. i still like him though.

i have no problem with will allen. when was the last time ohio state guy didnt turn out good in the secondary?

Ingtar33
04-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Well, i think it even money at best as to if he'll be there.

Will Allen? Figure round 3 or 4. He's a safe pick, with no real upside.

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2004, 11:52 AM
I think at some point we need to start paying Ingtar as his consulting fee. ;)

You're the best Ingtar. :hail:Ingtar

ryjam282
04-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Plus could you imagine Will Allen going to the Bills? Sure would give McGahee something to think about in practice when running the ball and he has to be tackled by Will Allen...I don't like that one :D

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Plus could you imagine Will Allen going to the Bills? Sure would give McGahee something to think about in practice when running the ball and he has to be tackled by Will Allen...I don't like that one :D
Ouch.