PDA

View Full Version : Mike Williams may be back in the draft...

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 12:19 AM
Apperantly since Mike Williams entered the draft after it was a within the rules to do so, not by suing the nfl for access, he my be grandfathered in, because when he signed up, it was within the rules for him to do so.

This is reported by Clayton on ESPN Draft Special

if you ask me.. the nfl is out to get clarrett, and wouldnt mind having williams in the draft.

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Apperantly since Mike Williams entered the draft after it was a within the rules to do so, not by suing the nfl for access, he my be grandfathered in, because when he signed up, it was within the rules for him to do so.

This is reported by Clayton on ESPN Draft Special

if you ask me.. the nfl is out to get clarrett, and wouldnt mind having williams in the draft.

Yeah- it would be real hard to keep him out- easy for thre regular draft- but not very hard for a supplimmental- which i think is inherintly unfair.

Some team in the top 13 will basically get 2 top picks in the draft for doing nothing.

Put him in, then seal the door

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 12:24 AM
has anyone ever figured out how the suplimental draft works? because i have seen two different reports both from reputable places that say lotto style and draft order..

doesnt make any sense..

would we have a shot at him in a suplimental draft or does san diego just get the bastard.

SoCalBillsFan
04-22-2004, 12:27 AM
I think he'll be let back in reagardless of what the NFL says. Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a very liberal judge, and the fact that she took this case on appeal so quickly and promised to rule before the draft is an indicator she will side with clarrett.

I agree that the NFL probably doesnt care about Williams as much as it does about Clarett.

willis_mchenry
04-22-2004, 01:06 AM
Tatonka, I am almost positive it is a lottery style drawing. San Diego would get 32 balls, Oakland 31, Arizona 30, and so on... I am pretty sure that is how Mel Kiper explained it on ESPN.

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
has anyone ever figured out how the suplimental draft works? because i have seen two different reports both from reputable places that say lotto style and draft order..

doesnt make any sense..

would we have a shot at him in a suplimental draft or does san diego just get the bastard.

I think this is how it works.....

Teams with 6 or less wins get in pool A

7 or more wins, no playoffs pool B

Playoff teams pool c

Each team is assigned ping pong balls according to their 1st round draft rank. SD gets 32, Oakland 31, Buffalo 20, New England 1

The balls are then pulled - and the teams are ranked within their pools - So San Diego will not finish worse than 13th overall. The absolute best the Pats can finish is 20th.

I ran the odds yesterday- San Diego has a 9.4 % Chance at the top spot, Buffalo has the worst at 5.9%. The other 11 teams obviously fall in between.

willis_mchenry
04-22-2004, 01:14 AM
I forgot the three pools thing so listen to him.

SoCalBillsFan
04-22-2004, 01:16 AM
SO you're tellin' me there's a chance!

STAMPY
04-22-2004, 02:05 AM
ya in order they ask thev team if they wanna draft a player giving up a first. If no team wants to give up a number, then they go to a 2nd round and so on. Mike will go for a number 1, Maurice a 2nd or 3rd. Clarett could possibly be a good return guy once he gets in shape again

B-DON
04-22-2004, 03:00 AM
the nfl has a hard on for clarrret

The_Philster
04-22-2004, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by B-DON
the nfl has a hard on for clarrret

How do you figure? :huh:

Jan Reimers
04-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Mike Williams will give us, as Howard Cosell used to say, a plethora of possession WRs. I'd like more speed.

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:29 AM
You don't pass on talent for a guy who has more speed.

Jan Reimers
04-22-2004, 07:42 AM
I think Josh Reed has a lot of talent, and Sam Aiken will prove to be very good as well. These two, along with Shaw, give us a nice group of possession guys.

Mike Williams will also probably be good, most likely in a Keyshawn Johnson sort of way. But we've got that role covered.

We should go for a burner at WR.

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:44 AM
Mike Williams is a football player not a track star.

elltrain22
04-22-2004, 07:54 AM
It's a shame that Mike Williams has to suffer through this all b/c the NFL hates Maurice Clarette.

Is Clarette the 2nd coming of Lawrence Phillips???

Dantheman1280
04-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
It's a shame that Mike Williams has to suffer through this all b/c the NFL hates Maurice Clarette.

Is Clarette the 2nd coming of Lawrence Phillips???

Thats is what I was thinking while reading this thread

Phillips=Clarette

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by SoCalBillsFan
SO you're tellin' me there's a chance!

yes, lloyd.

Bert102176
04-22-2004, 06:20 PM
nope he is out