PDA

View Full Version : Bills to Move up and Grab Roy Williams

tampabay25690
04-22-2004, 07:44 AM
http://profootballtalk.com

Here fellas, in this site this morning just reported last nite, the Bills are trying to land Roy Williams. Take a look for yourselves...

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:45 AM
That site blows never mention it again!:snicker::beers:

elltrain22
04-22-2004, 07:52 AM
I couldn't find it, and I doubt that scenario will happen anyways...

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
http://profootballtalk.com

Here fellas, in this site this morning just reported last nite, the Bills are trying to land Roy Williams. Take a look for yourselves...

Well, they better get cracking- only 3 days left- they have to mention that we are trading up for at least 3-4 other players to cover all the bases...:rofl:

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 08:02 AM
More great news for PFT

MEDIA MUTTERINGS

NEW! (well kind of)

We go way back in time (before Florio was only the Vice President of the Michael Jackson fan club) and give you Gene Amadao's rehash of what he saw on the ESPSnooze studio set during Day 2 of the NFL Draft):

ITEM: Mark Malone sits and eats with four NFL players.

What You See On TV: Malone and the fellows sitting back and talking football in a sports bar.

What I Saw In Person: ESPN personnel holding speakers around the table so that fake restaurant noise (people talking, dishes clanging, etc.) could be played in order to drown out the real-life sounds of the Bar's crowd chanting "Hey Tool Boy" and "You Suck" to the ex-Steeler QB (and I use that term loosely)."

Wow......great stuff! Can't wait until tomorrow!

$10 says I bet the author was the one getting drowned out....

Novacane
04-22-2004, 08:33 AM
Florio was on WGR 55 this morning spouting this rumor. The morning guys treat him like he is god and this has a good chance of happening. Naive bastards

Jan Reimers
04-22-2004, 11:00 AM
If we're going to take a WR in round 1, I'd rather it be Roy than Mike.

Stewie
04-22-2004, 11:15 AM
I think guys on this board are the naive bastards sometimes.

Florio used to be an agent. There are currently just over 1000 agents. Half of them have clients. Florio used to have clients before he saw a market opportunity and decided to write about his industry speculation. Based on the surging popularity of the draft and the NFL offseason in general, I think he picked a pretty good industry to be in.

All this means that this guy knows agents, and agents talk. You do realize that agents are the second most influential groups of people in the NFL-world, behind owners, right? Do agents lie to each other? Of course. Does that mean everything they say is a lie? Of course not.

The point is not to take what they say blindly, its to use it as as piece of evidence supporting the big picture.

Novacane
04-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
If we're going to take a WR in round 1, I'd rather it be Roy than Mike.

Me too but no way do I want to pay the price to move up to the top 5 for a WR. I don't care how good he is.

Bill Brasky
04-22-2004, 11:20 AM
this draft if WR overload, I don't think we should be going for a WR in the first round when we can get a decent one in later rounds...

Novacane
04-22-2004, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by paulB

The point is not to take what they say blindly, its to use it as as piece of evidence supporting the big picture.

Floiro is good for one thing. If you want to know what is not going to happen just read what he says will happen.

Jan Reimers
04-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Me too but no way do I want to pay the price to move up to the top 5 for a WR. I don't care how good he is.

I agree. I'd rather trade down and try to get a threesome like Carey, Losman, and Henderson - and perhaps the best TE available - on the 1st day.