PDA

View Full Version : Draft: Expect the unexpected

jwright
04-22-2004, 10:27 AM
I can’t imagine any of the top three QB’s falling to 13 so my opinion would be that the two Toms will go another route. Expect the unexpected Saturday around 3:30 just like last year. I believe the Bills brass will approach the 13th pick (of course if they cannot trade down) with the mentality that no matter what the position is, this team can get a top-notch prospect. And with the receiver position being so deep I do not believe they will go that direction in the first round b/c they still can get a Rashaun Woods or Michael Jenkins or even Devery Henderson who can absolutely fly by the way, in the second round for great value.

So I have a felling they or a little birdie told me that the Bills could select players such as:
(Not that I agree with these)
DJ Williams – Posey’s contract is cap-friendly and can be terminated after a couple seasons without a humongous hit. DJ is raw but has great speed and size.
Dunta Robinson – This pick I would agree with b/c Clements contract is coming up and McGee isn’t a lock for a repeat performance from last year. Don’t forget Kevin Thomas also had a great rookie year with a disappointing second year. Robinson is a burner.
A Defensive Tackle – Whether its Wilfork or Harris or even Marcus Tubbs. Sam Adams is getting old and Pat’s contract is up.
-------
How about the audacity of Archie Manning telling the Chargers not to draft his son? Your kid is about to become the number one pick in the national football league not to mention an instant millionaire and you’re upset that a certain team might pick him. I mean I would completely understand his point if it were Miami that wanted my son but that’s not the case so shut up and be happy for your son. Be happy that life is good for your family and your son and thank the man up stairs for such a fortunate situation.

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 10:43 AM
i agree.. although if they draft a cb, i will **** a brick.. then throw that brick through my tv.

TedMock
04-22-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i agree.. although if they draft a cb, i will **** a brick.. then throw that brick through my tv.

Where a glove. That's tough to get out of your fingernails.

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
Where a glove. That's tough to get out of your fingernails.

that would be the least of my concerns if we drafted a cb.

:mad:

jwright
04-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

that would be the least of my concerns if we drafted a cb.

:mad:

I don't see why that would that be so bad. I realize we have greater needs but if the team feels those needs cannot be addressed at that pick then I don't see anything wrong with talking a DB. However I would always prefer they trade down.

Bmax
04-22-2004, 11:14 AM
if they draft a dt i will not buy season tickets.....

Qb, de or wr ...trade down if needed........

Bmax

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 11:17 AM
dt is a much bigger need with pat and sam both over 30 and pat in the final season of his contract.. as well as sam's knees.. he may be a cut after this season.

i see dt as a pick that is just as important at wr.. if not moreso.. and would have as much as, if not more of an impact in their first season.