• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Giants and Chargers should complete trade by Friday

ESPN Insider says.......

from what we have been told the Chargers will have a deal done by friday that allows them to move from #1 overall to # 4 in exchange for the Giants second this year and either Ike Hilliard or a #2 next year
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

What needs to happen to enhance the chances of one of the Big 3 QB's to fall to #13? if this happens.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Voltron
      • Jul 2002

We would have to trade up. There is no way that any of them will make it past the Steelers who pick before us.
      Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
      - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
      -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
      - Mark Twain

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

if this trade happens.. then the big three are gone.. assuming that the gaints take eli manning, and then san diego takes Rivers. that means that Big Ben goes to Pittsburg or someone moves up before hand and grabs him.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

a couple things could happen though.

san diego could still take gallery at 4 if the raiders or arizona doesnt.. but more than likely, if he was still there.. cleveland would trade up for him at the 4 spot.

yeah.. nevermind.. if this happens.. we dont get a qb unless we trade up, which would be stupid.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• casdhf
            • Jul 2002

I still don't think Pittsburgh takes a QB in round 1. Sadly, I think they are very high on Charlie Batch.
            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• juice
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Voltron
              We would have to trade up. There is no way that any of them will make it past the Steelers who pick before us.
              What if the Steelers trade up before us... Do we stand Pat or would it be in our best interest to see what happens with the 1st 4 picks then possibly make a move for #6 Detroit.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                • Jul 2002

The article goes on to say the Giants will probably have Manning signed to a deal by tomorrow evening and the Chargers want Gallery at #4. If he is not there they will try and move down again and take Rivers. If they can't move down they would strongly consider Roy Williams at #4 because they feel #4 is a little to high for Rivers.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by juice
                  What needs to happen to enhance the chances of one of the Big 3 QB's to fall to #13? if this happens.

Zero

Rivers is gone by the 4th pick. The only mystery now is if Cleveland wants Gallery bad enough, and if he's still there at 4, and if Oakland and Arizona go WR/Sean Taylor/Winslow if San Diego then deals with Cleveland for Northcutt and an extra 2nd round pick

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    if this trade happens.. then the big three are gone.. assuming that the gaints take eli manning, and then san diego takes Rivers. that means that Big Ben goes to Pittsburg or someone moves up before hand and grabs him.
                    if the bills don't take Losman, this could mean either D. Johnson or Kordell will be a bill.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                      Zero

Rivers is gone by the 4th pick. The only mystery now is if Cleveland wants Gallery bad enough, and if he's still there at 4, and if Oakland and Arizona go WR/Sean Taylor/Winslow if San Diego then deals with Cleveland for Northcutt and an extra 2nd round pick

I respectfully disagree.

What we need is one of three teams (Giants, Chargers, Steelers) NOT take a QB ahead of us.

Giants: If the Giants move up like this says, then chances are they take Manning. There is still a slight chance that they grab Gallery, say if they start talks with Manning's agent that go no where.

Chargers: If they get all these draft picks, then it's likely that they take a QB at 4. I'm not convinved that it's Rivers. All that Chargers / Rivers talk could be a smoke screen.

Steelers: Does Cowher have enough leeway to take a QB of the future this year? If they roll out another 6-10 does he keep his job? It would not surprise me if they passed on a QB, or became the team that trades down so someone else can take Jackson.

Odds are that all 3 would be gone, but it's not a certainty.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        if the bills don't take Losman, this could mean either D. Johnson or Kordell will be a bill.
                        if we ended up with Johnson or Kordell I would want to kill myself.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                          I respectfully disagree.

What we need is one of three teams (Giants, Chargers, Steelers) NOT take a QB ahead of us.

Giants: If the Giants move up like this says, then chances are they take Manning. There is still a slight chance that they grab Gallery, say if they start talks with Manning's agent that go no where.

Odds are that all 3 would be gone, but it's not a certainty.
                          I agree, but let me add one more scenerio.

If the Giants trade up to #1 and for some reason they take Gallery, Oakland would be absolutely nuts to NOT take Eli Manning. Then Chargers take Rivers/Ben, and Pittsburgh takes whoever of the Big 3 is left.

Either way, there'll be no Big 3 for us to take at #13.

Comment

• ryjam282
                            Offical Billszone Starting QB
                            • Mar 2003

But Miyagi, why would the Raiders take Eli? Al Davis has already stated that Marcus Tuiasosopo is his QB of the future much like Denny Green has done with Cade McNown. That would leave Eli to the Chargers at #4.

Ryan Withey
                            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ryjam282
                              But Miyagi, why would the Raiders take Eli? Al Davis has already stated that Marcus Tuiasosopo is his QB of the future much like Denny Green has done with Cade McNown. That would leave Eli to the Chargers at #4.
                              It's been all over ESPN... the Raiders would not hesitate to take Manning if he was available... and they'd be nuts not to take him... though I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't take him, Davis is a ******.

Comment

Working...
                              X