PDA

View Full Version : OK lets get this over with...

Phins054
10-21-2002, 09:39 AM
Go ahead and gloat...you earned the right. You made the plays to win and we didn't. But the beauty of division games is that we will get another shot at you in December.

I had a bad feeling about the Ints for this game. I figured Ray might throw 1 or 2...NOT 4. Good Lord...with 6 total TOs I was amazed we didn't lose by more than what we did, and that we were actually still in the game until about 2 minutes left.

On the plus side for us we have our bye week and should sign Chris Carter today. If CC can be a positive locker room presence, I feel this will be an upgrade. Hopefully over the bye we can get back on track because it will be Monday night at Green Bay. yikes.

Earthquake Enyart
10-21-2002, 09:40 AM
You're screwed. :rofl:

Ebenezer
10-21-2002, 09:41 AM
Phins,

that is why we like you...very gracious in your loss...

now...to gloat for 5 seconds...

your stinking back up QB should be back in high school after the way he throws and your OC should be shot...the game plan should have been simple...run Ricky run Ricky run Ricky...although we did shut that down too!!

OK...let's get ready for 12/1.

Judge
10-21-2002, 09:45 AM
more gloating:

The containment of Ricky Williams was huge. However, the OTHER REAL key for Miami was for the D to do something to help Lucas. It didn't do a thing to shorten the field via turnover and couldn't stop Travis Henry at all.

Blame Lucas all you want- the real reason the fins lost is because Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, etc., DIDN'T do enough to help him out, and created a situation where Lucas had to try to win the game- bad things happen when backup QB's w/ little experience have to try to carry a team.

Patrick76777
10-21-2002, 09:47 AM
Good luck with Cris Cancer.

justasportsfan
10-21-2002, 09:52 AM
I stated a few weeks back that we weren't gonna have any INT's against the texans but had predicted 4 against Fiedler. Lucas ,Fiedler same crap just smaller ears.

justasportsfan
10-21-2002, 09:54 AM
BtW it's not much fun gloating with Phins054, he's cool. Is finheaven boards up yet? Can't wait to read all the excuses.

Phins054
10-21-2002, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Judge
more gloating:

The containment of Ricky Williams was huge. However, the OTHER REAL key for Miami was for the D to do something to help Lucas. It didn't do a thing to shorten the field via turnover and couldn't stop Travis Henry at all.

Blame Lucas all you want- the real reason the fins lost is because Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, etc., DIDN'T do enough to help him out, and created a situation where Lucas had to try to win the game- bad things happen when backup QB's w/ little experience have to try to carry a team.

No one person is to blame, but Ray is the biggest goat. 4 very bad Ints, one returned for a TD (that was the back breaker). The D was in a bad position almost the entire game. We had like 5 sacks and Drew did not light us up. The D played solidly enough for us to win. The O did not put enough points up.

Novacane
10-21-2002, 10:17 AM
Lucas is definately the goat for you guys but I have to agree with Judge. Where the heck was Jason Taylor? You guys had 5 sacks but most of those were the result of Drew holding onto the ball forever because of good coverage. Taylor was invisible.

Also I don't think even the most opptimistic Bills fans thought Tavis Henry could run for a 6 yard average against your D. I give your DB's credit because aside from the one big play they shut our WR down but the Dolphin front 7 was dominated IMO.

Rebecky
10-21-2002, 10:20 AM
After the physical abuse you guys took and the high emotions of the Denver game -- you had to expect the next one to be a letdown. Plus, I don't care if it's Ray Lucas or Dan Marino, one week isn't enough time for a new QB to get comfortable with two second string WR's. Just wasn't going to happen. The face that Carter was hired at the end of the week told us all how well things were going at practice.

I'm not taking anything away from the Bills play -- I think maybe we could have beat you guys straight up, we played well. But I'm looking forward to the December game. We want to show the world we CAN beat you straight up.

ublinkwescore
10-21-2002, 11:00 AM
Guess what, when we play the Lions, and if we beat the Patriots when you guys come back to play the packers, we'll be in first place in our division.

my isn't it good to be us again - the best team in what is turning into the toughest division in football again. The AFC west isn't looking so tough right now.

Phins054
10-21-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Rebecky
After the physical abuse you guys took and the high emotions of the Denver game -- you had to expect the next one to be a letdown. Plus, I don't care if it's Ray Lucas or Dan Marino, one week isn't enough time for a new QB to get comfortable with two second string WR's. Just wasn't going to happen. The face that Carter was hired at the end of the week told us all how well things were going at practice.

I'm not taking anything away from the Bills play -- I think maybe we could have beat you guys straight up, we played well. But I'm looking forward to the December game. We want to show the world we CAN beat you straight up.

After I heard about the injuries from the Denver game, I have to admit, I was not really happy. I figured Chambers would probably miss the game because of the concussion and with Jay out we would probably throw less. I never thought that Ray would be as bad as he was yesterday. I honestly felt that this was a winnable game for us. Even with the injuries. I felt the real problem would be Green Bay. And now we will see them a little bit healthier and with Chris Carter making his phins debut. I think we have a shot at this one, but anything is possible. One thing is for sure now...the race is most definately on.

Novacane
10-21-2002, 01:32 PM
If Farve is out I think you have a chance. If not I think pack wins by at least 2 td's.

Phins054
10-21-2002, 01:40 PM
Maybe...maybe not. We have beaten the Farve led Packers before. More than once. We beat them in Miami like 2 years ago. And once when Marino was still here. They played in WI but not at Lambeu. The big difference this time is 1. Lambeu field and 2. Ahman Green. I still think we have a chance. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Michael82
10-21-2002, 05:02 PM
If you guys let Travis Henry run for 134 yards on you, then I could just imagine what Ahman Green would do to your D. I saw our OL dominate your line and the sacks that Drew Bledsoe took were coverage sacks. Your DBs covered all of our receivers in the 2nd half, but thats when we really pounded you guys with the ball. Also, I don't know why...but I saw Jason Taylor just standing at the line, letting Jonas Jennings school him. After a while, he looked depressed and even gave up. That is what I keep hearing on the radio. One of your best veteran leaders just gave up. That is a big part of the reason why you lost!

lordofgun
10-21-2002, 05:05 PM
The fins DEFINITELY had given up with about 4 minutes to go. Pitiful. They weren't even trying at that point.

Earthquake Enyart
10-21-2002, 05:14 PM
It's starting to get cold up in Green Bay. :rofl:

lordofgun
10-21-2002, 05:15 PM
:lol:

Should be fun to watch! I really hope Favre plays.

Novacane
10-21-2002, 05:21 PM
ESPN reports today that the pack expects him to play. We're talking Bret Farve here! If he does not have torn ligaments he'll be out there.

lordofgun
10-21-2002, 05:23 PM
:clap:

Earthquake Enyart
10-21-2002, 05:24 PM
I can't beleive that he only has a sprain. His leg twisted all around. It was ugly.

lordofgun
10-21-2002, 05:25 PM
Favre is a monster.

Ebenezer
10-21-2002, 05:26 PM
cold...and snow...

Michael82
10-21-2002, 08:08 PM
Yeah, it is getting kind of cold up there. In TWO weeks, on Monday Night Football....I see a bad day for the Dolfelons. We gotta keep up with our curse. bwwaahahahahahahaha! :evil:

DIHARD2
10-21-2002, 10:38 PM
I could not believe the way Favre lag was twisted! He has to be double jointed in his ankle and in his knee, I think he also has a joint the shinbone.

What was really surprising is that he got up and walked about the whole distance to the sideline before someone came out to help him. The guy is the franchise you'd think the trainers would've been right there, when he started walking towards them. He is tough!!!!

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...

TigerJ
10-21-2002, 10:58 PM
Favre will play. Things won't get easier for Miami.

I'm all done with the Miami game now Phins. I only do my gloating with poor losers. You have too much class to bother with. I hope you don't feel slighted.

shelby
10-22-2002, 04:33 AM
Phins...
:urock: