PDA

View Full Version : ottawa radio station says

ticatfan
04-22-2004, 12:31 PM
martin and 2 other coaches have been fired.

Ð
04-22-2004, 12:37 PM
Aboot time, eh!

They would have fired Roger Neilson too, if they still could.

Ebenezer
04-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ticatfan
martin and 2 other coaches have been fired.

:church:

Ruff might have a hard time in the regular season but outshines Martin in the post season...

egad, if this is true that means that Lindy is...dare I say...the longest tenured coach in the NHL

Earthquake Enyart
04-22-2004, 12:40 PM
Ottawa has a radio station? :eek:

Valerie
04-22-2004, 12:46 PM
The owner of the Senators looks like a fun, nice guy. I kinda feel sorry for them.

Ð
04-22-2004, 01:08 PM
Pink slip for Jacques

The house cleaning has started already in the nation's capital.

OTTAWA (CP) -- As first reported by Sportsnet, the Ottawa Senators have fired head coach Jacques Martin following the team's fourth playoff loss in five years to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Tuesday's Game 7 loss to Toronto in the first round of the playoffs marked the fourth time in five seasons the Sens have been eliminated by the Leafs.

Martin, 51, had been at Ottawa's helm for 8 seasons -- the longest-serving coach in the league.

Too bad, but I, like most Sens fans have been *VERY* patient. Add a few vets to help out Alfie and a coach that can turn the heat up on the high priced talent!!
Shaz
Martin was the best thing to happen to the Senators. They are going to feel this next year. I'm really disappointed.
Marc
The blame has to sit in the whole dressing room but the Senators needed a change and a change means a new coach. He will be hired somewhere else instantly but it is now time for Ottawa to have a new coach that will be able to motivate the players. The Ottawa Senators needed change and this is a good start.
Laura Vanier
I am kind of shocked, but could also see it coming. Unfortunately, things like this happen to good, no, GREAT people. Here's hoping that he isn't out of coaching for long. Good luck in the future Jacques. I, for one, will miss ya!
Gary
"We're announcing today we're replacing Jacques Martin as head coach of the team," Ottawa GM John Muckler told a news conference at the Corel Centre.

Assistant coach Don Jackson and goaltending coach Phil Myre were also fired. Perry Pearn, another assistant, was not let go. He is still under contract but Muckler said he will not be a candidate for the head coaching job.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20040422_114310_2900

realmendontwearteal
04-22-2004, 09:53 PM
starting over may be a good thing for the sens....maybe alferdsson will keep his mouth shut....... some teams benifit from having new coaches and some do....muckler is a good guy and is a good gm for that team.....

Ð
04-23-2004, 06:50 AM
What did you think of (Tampa Coach) Rick Tabonucci's, or whatever his name is reaction last night on HNIC ?

I guess he won't be getting hired by the Senators any time soon.

Myers57
04-23-2004, 10:08 AM
Yea and News 2 confirmed that they wouldn't be hiring Ted Nolan...

:lol:

Ð
04-26-2004, 08:29 AM
:D