PDA

View Full Version : Do we know for sure the G-men will take Manning?

ryjam282
04-22-2004, 12:50 PM
Everyone assumes that the Giants will take Manning if they move to #1, but I have heard some other news....I heard that guy Mayock on the NFL network as well as Hank Goldberg down here in S. Fl on the radio that the Giants are looking to get Gallery. It would make so much more sense for them to get him, they need SOOOOO much help at the OL spots it's ridiculous. I mean, I know all the hype about Manning and his name and having to go first, but WHY? It should be what the team needs. Giants need a lineman a heck of a lot more then a QB at this time.

:feedback:

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Everyone assumes that the Giants will take Manning if they move to #1, but I have heard some other news....I heard that guy Mayock on the NFL network as well as Hank Goldberg down here in S. Fl on the radio that the Giants are looking to get Gallery. It would make so much more sense for them to get him, they need SOOOOO much help at the OL spots it's ridiculous. I mean, I know all the hype about Manning and his name and having to go first, but WHY? It should be what the team needs. Giants need a lineman a heck of a lot more then a QB at this time.

:feedback:

If you want Gallery, why trade a kings ransome AND pay him as the #1 overall pick? Better off waiting for Gallery to get to you.

Novacane
04-22-2004, 12:53 PM
We don't know anything for sure

Earthquake Enyart
04-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
If you want Gallery, why trade a kings ransome AND pay him as the #1 overall pick? Better off waiting for Gallery to get to you.

Gallery won't make it to them at 4

Ebenezer
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
We don't know anything for sure

:gag:

sorry...too easy

Ebenezer
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Gallery won't make it to them at 4

Gallery will not get past 2...

ryjam282
04-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Gallery will not get past 2...

Exactly, they know that Washington was trying to trade with the Raiders to move to #2 so the Skins could get Gallery and the Giants know that they have to do something. I am just not so sure they are after Manning if they move up to #1. They already said that Coughlin has taken Gallery to dinner a few times in NY and he is sold on the kid and wants him to protect Kerry's blind side.

JJamezz
04-22-2004, 01:53 PM
They were just talking about this on WNSA, and its a pretty interesting take (from the Chargers beat reporter) - he's sure Oakland takes Manning if he falls to #2, and insinuated that SD would have something worked out w/ NY to ensure that they take Manning #1 so they don't end up facing him twice a year as a Raider.