PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman on ESPN's Outside The Lines

RedEyE
04-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Anyone else see the 10 minute clip on JP Losman on ESPN's Outside The Lines last night?

I won't comment on the guys style of play, because I can't really say that I've seen him play this year, but...... his attitude stinks :down:

There is a distinct line between arrogance and cockiness. Losman has jumped over both right into d*ckheadedness. First of all he tells the camera about the insult he paid directly to Ben Rothlisberger's face, then he insults Manning on national TV without Eli even standing there able to defend himself.

The clips of him studying the playbooks and the NFL lingo make him look like a complete nimrod, and the video of him competeing against Rivers really doesn't even rank him in the same class of QB. He loved comparing himself to Brett Favre. He thinks he has the same abilities that Favre has....I'm not too sure.

Some points of interest.....Losman was quoted saying that Favre and him played golf together, and the Packer QB coach and Mike Sherman were seen speaking to Losman in several unofficial meetings on and off the field during his multiple workouts.

The one thing that I can give him is that he has a hell of a lot of confidence in himself and a **** load of determination. Though, I didn't get the feeling that this kid is a NFL powder keg, I did get the strange feeling that he is going to get into some serious trouble after he signs a contract with some sorry ass team.

Oh, and one more thing....he also openly admitted to using Creatine. I'm not all that familiar with the NFL strength enhancer policies, but I thought that Creatine was a banned substance. Obviously I'm wrong or the Sports Media would have been going nuts.

IMO, I don't think I want this kid playing for Buffalo.

ryjam282
04-22-2004, 01:39 PM
Creatine is not banned at all in any sport. Don't worry about that. Androstene dione is, but not Creatine. Creatine is one of the most widely used supplement along with the various forms of Protein.

don137
04-22-2004, 01:52 PM
With that type of attitude defenders will drive his a$$ into the ground that much harder...

JefftheBillsfan
04-22-2004, 01:55 PM
what exactly is creatine, i always wondered...is it just a protein mix?

JJamezz
04-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Creatine is an amino acid - one of the building blocks of protein.

I'm not sure it's even something that could be banned, since it's found in our diet, albeit in much smaller amounts.

JJamezz
04-22-2004, 02:01 PM
I didn't see the thing on ESPN, I wish I had.. But I've had a bad feeling about Losman for some time, and just for that very reason. You can have all the skills & physical talent in the world (not that he does, I'm just saying..), and be a total flop because of a s**t attitude - and it doesn't only apply to sports.

The Natrix
04-22-2004, 02:04 PM
creatine in itself doesn't build muscle it just lets your muscles recover faster. After taking creatine you will notice that it takes longer to get the "burn." I used it for about 6 months freshman year of college when I was thinking about trying out for the lacrosse team. Got up to 175. Since I stopped using it the most I've weighed while lifting is 170. So I think it works.

In my opinion the substance itself is completely safe. The only way it can be damaging is if you over exert yourself which is easy to do when you don't get that burning feeling as soon.

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 02:06 PM
Everyone can take down their Losman banners now...:rofl:

The Natrix
04-22-2004, 02:07 PM
I don't care if he takes shots at other QBs. He isn't going to be playing with Manning. To me, all that matters is that he gets along with his team mates and coaches, and I think he will since he was voted team captain by his fellow players at Tulane.

STAMPY
04-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
I don't care if he takes shots at other QBs. He isn't going to be playing with Manning. To me, all that matters is that he gets along with his team mates and coaches, and I think he will since he was voted team captain by his fellow players at Tulane.

Great Point... i love this kids attitude. He believes in himself. He has all the athletism, Come on BE A BILL

JefftheBillsfan
04-22-2004, 02:23 PM
thanks JJamezz & natrix. That was my second question, if it was safe..now that I think about it, I think that even that Red Bull energy drink may have Creatine in it.

STAMPY
04-22-2004, 02:29 PM
I never liked creatine... Different supplements have different results on people. I do use Androstene stack. Which i get good gains from along with whey protein

ryjam282
04-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Creatine, in my opinion works the first time you use it...It is something that is found in your body so putting more into you just keeps the proteins from breaking down so fast thus being able to build muscle a little faster. I used it when I was in college playing baseball and legitimately gained 25 pounds of muscle in one year (drug free). But, in essence, it really makes you retain some water in your muscles as well, so you are more prone to injury as well, IMO. But, after I stopped it and got back on it, I didn't gain an ounce. Many of the people I played sports with had the same effect. Just my 2 cents

I prefer HMB, that stuff works wonders....And it is legal too, does the same thing Creatine does but gives much higher dosages and things like that. Much easier to build muscle.

Jan Reimers
04-22-2004, 03:31 PM
I'm still on the Losman bandwagon. He's athletic, fast and strong-armed. He also scored a 30 on the Wonderlic, which makes him pretty smart.

I think his attitude will make him a Brett Favre, rather than a Ryan Leaf or Rob Johnson.

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
I didn't see the thing on ESPN, I wish I had.. But I've had a bad feeling about Losman for some time, and just for that very reason. You can have all the skills & physical talent in the world (not that he does, I'm just saying..), and be a total flop because of a s**t attitude - and it doesn't only apply to sports.

man.. you know i really just find it so hard to beleive that a guy that knows that one of the biggest knocks on him is his attitude would come out and openly act that way. i am not saying your a liar redeye.. but is there anyway that maybe you already had a disposition about the guy and took what he was saying maybe a bit more negatively? :idunno:

i agree, losman does have all the tools. and i watched him play. he is good. and he is one tough son of a *****. i can guarentee you that even if guys are hitting him harder in the nfl..he will get back up every time.

i trust that TD will make the right choice. if the attitude is a major concern then i am sure they wont take him. and if they do select him, i will consider ourselves fortunate and hope that we got the next farve.

Originally posted by The Natrix
creatine in itself doesn't build muscle it just lets your muscles recover faster. After taking creatine you will notice that it takes longer to get the "burn." I used it for about 6 months freshman year of college when I was thinking about trying out for the lacrosse team. Got up to 175. Since I stopped using it the most I've weighed while lifting is 170. So I think it works.

In my opinion the substance itself is completely safe. The only way it can be damaging is if you over exert yourself which is easy to do when you don't get that burning feeling as soon.

it is completely safe and i would say over 50% if not more of athletes use it.

when i worked out, i took that and protien powder as well... i wasnt enough of a gym rat to notice a big different in my chest and arms.. but my legs actually grew so fast from playing hockey 4 times a week while taking it, that i got some stretch marks on the inner thigh. so i can verify that it does work. too good sometimes. it blows you up pretty quick if your working hard.

RedEyE
04-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
man.. you know i really just find it so hard to beleive that a guy that knows that one of the biggest knocks on him is his attitude would come out and openly act that way. i am not saying your a liar redeye.. but is there anyway that maybe you already had a disposition about the guy and took what he was saying maybe a bit more negatively? :idunno:

i agree, losman does have all the tools. and i watched him play. he is good. and he is one tough son of a *****. i can guarentee you that even if guys are hitting him harder in the nfl..he will get back up every time.

i trust that TD will make the right choice. if the attitude is a major concern then i am sure they wont take him. and if they do select him, i will consider ourselves fortunate and hope that we got the next farve.

Like I said, I've never seen the guy play. On top of that, it was the first time that I have ever even seen him outside of the internet. I had no prior judgement or opinion about him. The only thing I can tell you is to watch the video and come to your own conclusions. It was on ESPN right before I left for work today, so perhaps there will be another broadcast later.

I truly didn't care for his mentality. I've played organized sports my entire life and have seen players act like this before. I think he'll be a whiner and a locker room cancer.....but again, that's truly difficult to judge off a 10 minute film.

Perhaps the film editor at ESPN had something against the kid. :idunno:

McBFLO
04-22-2004, 04:53 PM
Lots of talent but piss poor attitude...doesn't that sounds like Cade McNown?

Bill Brasky
04-22-2004, 05:39 PM
I few weeks ago I ripped on Losman for having a ****ty attitude and everyone dissed me :up: