PDA

View Full Version : WNSA may still be ALIVE!

Michael82
04-22-2004, 02:12 PM
It was on www.radioandrecords.com news section this morning. Citidel bid 9.35 million dollars over Entercom's 9 million.

This may get real interesting as IF ciditel gets the station, it sounds like they may keep the Sports talk format.

http://www.radio-info.com/mods/board.php?Post=167344&Board=wny

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 02:14 PM
This would be great!:up:

Michael82
04-22-2004, 02:14 PM
Here's more about it....

Citadel Battles Entercom With WNSA/Buffalo Bid

In February Entercom offered the bankrupt Adelphia Communications $9 million for the FM Sports Talker. Now Buffalo Business First reports that Entercom rival Citadel has submitted a $9.35 million bid for the station. WNSA is being sold at auction by a New York U.S. Bankruptcy Court, and Adelphia had accepted Entercom's offer, which still needs to meet the final approval from both the bankruptcy court and the FCC. Part of the bankruptcy proceedings requires the acceptance of open bids by the court. "We believe in the station," Citadel/Buffalo Market Manager Kevin Legrett told the newspaper. "We'll take a good hard look at what happens and hope it all works out." Among the stations in Buffalo already owned by Citadel is WGRF, which airs Buffalo Bills NFL games. Meanwhile, Entercom's holdings in Buffalo include WGR, which is the flagship station of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres.

http://www.radioandrecords.com/Subscribers/TodaysNews/newsam.asp#Citadel Battles Entercom With WNSA/Buffalo Bid

doug45
04-22-2004, 02:16 PM
I hope so.

Michael82
04-22-2004, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by doug45
I hope so.

Me too! This is very good news! Come on Citadel...kick Entercom's ass! :snicker:

Bmax
04-23-2004, 01:16 AM
won't happen entercom has got deep pockets and will shell out what it takes to win out ...i used to work for them in another market..... they like the sports talk format but with wgr . look for them to switch wnsa to music if they win out.....

Bmax......