PDA

View Full Version : Chargers should just take Manning

Novacane
04-22-2004, 03:11 PM
I don't like players and thier daddy's trying to dictate where they go. If the Chargers want him they should just take him and to hell with Archie Manning

That Guy
04-22-2004, 03:15 PM
I think they like Rivers almost just as much and:

a) They know they can get a crapload to trade down.

b) They may not want to pay 1st overall money.

don137
04-22-2004, 03:15 PM
Elway did the same thing 21 years ago and he eventually ended being traded..I do agree that it is a arrogant statement and should not be in the game especially by a college player...

Novacane
04-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Daddy is on ESPN right now. He won't come out and say it but he makes it sound like Eli won't sign with the Chargers if they draft him

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 03:22 PM
Manning has the Chargers by the balls. Why would they draft a player who doesn't want to be there and still pay the guy millions of dollars?

Novacane
04-22-2004, 03:23 PM
YOu mean the Chargers by the balls?

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
YOu mean the Chargers by the balls?

Yes oops!:up:

Ickybaluky
04-22-2004, 06:53 PM
Manning has no leverage. Elway had the option of playing professional ball for big money. Manning's only option is sitting out the year. That isn't happening, it would be career suicide. Worst case, he would only sign for 4 years, and they make them franchise him or go FA.

Michael82
04-22-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by NE39
Manning has no leverage. Elway had the option of playing professional ball for big money. Manning's only option is sitting out the year. That isn't happening, it would be career suicide. Worst case, he would only sign for 4 years, and they make them franchise him or go FA.

EXACTLY! His father is an idiot for doing this. Now I would love to see San Diego draft him #1 overall and once Eli gets his first check...he'll shut his ****ing mouth. :snicker:

Expansion Blues
04-22-2004, 07:30 PM
I just caught Charley Casserly earlier, he said that this was leaked by the Chargers themselves to keep the public from dogging them for trading the pick. If the public knows that Archie prefers Eli not to play in San Diego, then they will not get beat up by the press and the fans for passing on Manning (as much). They are in effect, re-directing the heat for not taking the so-called golden boy.

It is pretty well known that Marty is in love with Phillip Rivers since he coached him in the Sr Bowl, so this gives them a chance to trade back, take Rivers (perhaps), and generate less heat from the press and the fans.

Michael82
04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Expansion Blues
I just caught Charley Casserly earlier, he said that this was leaked by the Chargers themselves to keep the public from dogging them for trading the pick. If the public knows that Archie prefers Eli not to play in San Diego, then they will not get beat up by the press and the fans for passing on Manning (as much). They are in effect, re-directing the heat for not taking the so-called golden boy.

It is pretty well known that Marty is in love with Phillip Rivers since he coached him in the Sr Bowl, so this gives them a chance to trade back, take Rivers (perhaps), and generate less heat from the press and the fans.

I hope the Chargers fans boycott the team. They have torn that team apart! :shakeno:

Junior Seau - GONE
David Boston - GONE
Marcellus Wiley - GONE
Raylee Johnson - GONE
Damion McIntosh - GONE
Stephen Alexander - GONE

STAMPY
04-22-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I hope the Chargers fans boycott the team. They have torn that team apart! :shakeno:

Junior Seau - GONE
David Boston - GONE
Marcellus Wiley - GONE
Raylee Johnson - GONE
Damion McIntosh - GONE
Stephen Alexander - GONE

those aren't big losses