PDA

View Full Version : San Diego wanted this news out there!

lordofgun
04-22-2004, 03:24 PM
San Diego wanted the news that Eli didn't want to play in SD to be public. That way they have an excuse to either trade down or take Gallery. In fact, I wouldn't doubt if this was orchistrated by all parties involved.

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 03:28 PM
They may have also assed themselves out of high compensation for the #1 slot.

lordofgun
04-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Well no one ever accused SD of being smart!

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Well no one ever accused SD of being smart!

Very true!:snicker:

Novacane
04-22-2004, 03:35 PM
Marty S was just on ESPN's draft special. He said it is likely Manning will be the #1 pick..................just did not say by which team. I bet the deal with the Giants is all but done

lordofgun
04-22-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Marty S was just on ESPN's draft special. He said it is likely Manning will be the #1 pick..................just did not say by which team. I bet the deal with the Giants is all but done

I hope not!

HAMMER
04-22-2004, 03:39 PM
We can only hope that the Chargers go back to #4 and take Gallery. That leaves Ben and Rivers on the board. Does Cleveland go with a QB and screw us out of one?

The_Philster
04-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER
We can only hope that the Chargers go back to #4 and take Gallery. That leaves Ben and Rivers on the board. Does Cleveland go with a QB and screw us out of one?

Doubtful. They have bigger holes to fill.

carybillsfan
04-22-2004, 04:05 PM
SD wants Rivers, Marty absolutely loves this kid. Don't Be surprised if they stay at #1 and draft Phil. I know I said this long ago but contract talks have really heated up between phil's agent and the chargers.

Michael82
04-22-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Doubtful. They have bigger holes to fill.

So does Pittsburgh and they have a lame duck coach too.

Novacane
04-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by carybillsfan
SD wants Rivers, Marty absolutely loves this kid. Don't Be surprised if they stay at #1 and draft Phil. I know I said this long ago but contract talks have really heated up between phil's agent and the chargers.

There is no way they take Rivers #1 overall

mypoorfriendme
04-22-2004, 05:11 PM
rivers over eli, that would sure cause a stir in san diego. if rivers is their man, then theyll try to trade down atleast a few spots because surly the raiders, cardinals, and giants all would rather have eli or ben.

as far as the browns going qb, i dont think they will because not only do they have bigger holes, but they also have 3 qbs on thier team right now capable of maybe starting else where (couch garcia holcomb). they definetely wont add another qb to the mix.