PDA

View Full Version : Thurday Night Bills Report

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Hey Guys and Gals.. i will be on as a special guest tonight for the the Thursday Night Bills Report, hosted by everyones favorite, Mark Weiler.

We will be discussing the draft almost exclusively.

If you have a specific question, feel free to give us a call and ask away. I will do my best to provide you with info on any draft prospects.

Thanks for listening.

http://broadcastmonsters.com/BillsReport/billsreport.asx

the number is:
1-877-913-9739

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:02 PM
Nice music:snicker:

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 07:04 PM
i dont want to hear crap about my accent
:tongue:

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont want to hear crap about my accent
:tongue:

What ya'll plan on doin tonight over there on the radio pardna?:snicker:

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:07 PM
Lol he caught himself almost went on Travis Brown bashing spree:snicker:

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:12 PM
Well Weiler is definitely wrong on draft philosophy you never reach for a player!:shakeno:

Michael82
04-22-2004, 07:13 PM
That's not true! Villarrial did NOT just replace Ruben Brown. He replaced Mike Pukecillo and solidified the right side. :shakeno:

Michael82
04-22-2004, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Well Weiler is definitely wrong on draft philosophy you never reach for a player!:shakeno:

I agree with that. :bf1:

Michael82
04-22-2004, 07:16 PM
That's the way to go, Tatonka. We don't need 2 more great OLs...one of them is just fine. :up:

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Whose show is this? Man, he won't shut up. :D

Somebody call and ask him a question. :)

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Weiler is in love with Carey and really wants to select him at 13.

He's got the old Bengal mentality of writing a name down and picking him first opportunity.

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Weiler is in love with Carey and really wants to select him at 13.

He's got the old Bengal mentality of writing a name down and oicking him first opportunity.

Yeah that's just plain wrong!:down:

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2004, 07:45 PM
They need help with this show. For crying out loud, they have to announce the telephone number every few minutes at least.

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:46 PM
Thsi is the ****ing draft show for christ sakes talk about it!!!!!!!!!!!

Devin
04-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Losmans mouth is gonna get him in trouble. Reminds me of that Jamie Foxx character on "Any Given Sunday".

Michael82
04-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Thsi is the ****ing draft show for christ sakes talk about it!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree....quit moving towards the Bledsoe/OL talk and more towards the rookies in the NFL draft...Talk about Manning and whats going on with that right now.

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 07:53 PM
I called 5 times- get 7-8 rings then a busy signal.

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 07:57 PM
TD does not know how to draft?

Looking for headlines ???

The Spaz
04-22-2004, 07:58 PM
TD does not know how to draft?

Looking for headlines ???

I know that's a pretty lofty statement to make.

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 07:58 PM
Now the personal feelings for TD come out and cloud his commentary.

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2004, 08:00 PM
If the show is normally like this, I won't be listening to it again. I mean WTF, he don't even take calls? He wants more OLinemen, why? Damn.

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
If the show is normally like this, I won't be listening to it again. I mean WTF, he don't even take calls? He wants more OLinemen, why? Damn.

Well, I'll say this show was one of the best yet.

I'll give them a pass for not taking calls this week because they covered a lot of ground. But they got to work them in somehow.

It was a hell of a lot better than the 1 hour monologe with 1 phone call, though.:up:

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 08:09 PM
the phone lines were jacked up

they had to call me to get me throuhg.. because i kept getting a ring and a busy signal

i tried to get him back to the draft.

sorry you didnt like it chern

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 08:12 PM
It's obvious to me that Mark just falls in love with one position, one player at that position, and would draft them regardless of value.

He also fails to see into the future. He's so concerned about fixing the problems last year that he fails to realize that half of those issues won't be there this year based on scheme alone!

This new coach staff will play to the team's strengths, running the ball. But no.. we got to get a pass blocking ace.

Ingtar hit the nail on the head today- he said we have a lot of good talent on the OL, but the problem is that it is comprised of a lot of guys who are natural tackles- finesse blockers. We need a grove or a carey type (or someone later) to add some power to the finesse.

But I'm not going after a guy because I wrote his name in stone if it's a reach.

And his take on TD and the draft is pure fantasy. I don't recall him using the draft "to make headlines" for himself all the years in Pittsburgh. What a crock of poo.

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 08:33 PM
i think your being a little too hard on him.. i think he would be happy with a plethera of Olineman.. but he just doesnt know alot of names.. but overall he just wants to see it addressed and done early, as do i.

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 08:44 PM
i think your being a little too hard on him.. i think he would be happy with a plethera of Olineman.. but he just doesnt know alot of names.. but overall he just wants to see it addressed and done early, as do i.

I have no problem with that...but the Tom Donahoe bullcrap is what sets me off.

Ya wanna rip a player and cite stats all day? Be my guest. But back it up with fact. Tom Donehoe is a "headline hog", and uses the draft for that purpose is the biggest crock of steamy poo I've heard yet. You slapped him down and nailed him to the wall with some pretty common knowledge. Hell- you had to apologize to him for calling him out it was so bad.

STAMPY
04-22-2004, 08:52 PM
is the show still on?

juice
04-22-2004, 08:54 PM
This show is Madden Nation... Pretty good draft discussion tonight

Michael82
04-22-2004, 09:04 PM

Ya wanna rip a player and cite stats all day? Be my guest. But back it up with fact. Tom Donehoe is a "headline hog", and uses the draft for that purpose is the biggest crock of steamy poo I've heard yet. You slapped him down and nailed him to the wall with some pretty common knowledge. Hell- you had to apologize to him for calling him out it was so bad.

LOL! When he brought up about TD usually drafting up? :snicker:

2 trades in 2001 were trade downs and that was his best draft here, so far. :D

Dozerdog
04-22-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
LOL! When he brought up about TD usually drafting up? :snicker:

2 trades in 2001 were trade downs and that was his best draft here, so far. :D

He's still hung up on Buffalo trading up to get Denny- He was pissed at the draft party when it happened, and he's been railing about it ever since.

chernobylwraiths
04-22-2004, 09:37 PM
the phone lines were jacked up

they had to call me to get me throuhg.. because i kept getting a ring and a busy signal

i tried to get him back to the draft.

sorry you didnt like it chern

I don't mean to say that I hated it, but it seemed most of what was talked about was offensive line. I don't know if was you or he that suggested trading down and getting two offensive linemen in the first three picks. I don't remember when our offensive line because our biggest concern. I have contended that with a good offensive line coach, that we have enough talent to be at least OK on the line. We have other pressing needs IMO. I would love to get Grove, but going after two offensive linemen IF we trade down would be ludicrous IMO. Getting a backup QB and probable QB of the future is a need, a speed WR and possible replacement for Moulds is a need, a good pass rushing DE is a need, a FS is a need, but I just don't see OG as a need. Not when we just signed three guards this offseason.

I might have gone into this with preconceived notions about him from reading some of the things he has written and not agreeing at all with them. I just thought you could have touched on more players that we might be able to get at 13.

thefixer74
04-22-2004, 09:57 PM

Ya wanna rip a player and cite stats all day? Be my guest. But back it up with fact. Tom Donehoe is a "headline hog", and uses the draft for that purpose is the biggest crock of steamy poo I've heard yet. You slapped him down and nailed him to the wall with some pretty common knowledge. Hell- you had to apologize to him for calling him out it was so bad. :bf1:

Tatonka
04-22-2004, 10:01 PM
well.. we really had every intention of doing so.. but it just went so fast. the problem is, it is tough to just end a though and drop it and get back to the draft...

i said that if we traded down then i would be ok with carey and grove, along with a qb and wr on the first day.

mark said that he wanted 3 of our first 4 picks to be O and D line.

we did sign three olineman.. but villarrial is the only good gaurd.. sullivan is a tackle trying to play guard. we dont know how that will turn out.. and tucker is a back up at best. and we also lost a probowl guard (granted he sucked).. i would not call that an improvement to brag about.

we need more help. i would be perfectly happy with one great G or Center.

i had alot more stuff on the wrs.. i only got to touch on colbert and jenkins.