PDA

View Full Version : The Dolphins D was awful, too

Kelly The Dog
10-21-2002, 10:57 AM
I'm not sure that the Dolphin Ds really shut us down that much either. Drew was VERY conservative. Receivers were wide open all day and he missed a few wide open passes early. He missed Moulds WIDE open on a bomb. Peerless had one drop and a bomb off his fingertips. Moulds dropped three right in his hands. Henry dropped a couple short ones. After the Bills took the lead our offense really didnt even try to go down the field like they have been all year because the defense was playing well and our other best offensive weapon Ray Lucas was making plays for us. They couldnt stop the run all day and didnt make one play the whole game.

Valerie
10-21-2002, 11:09 AM
I thought the Dolphins offense was awesome! ;) All those interceptions from Lucas were great!! :chuckle: I'm glad Lucas decided to play for the Bills yesterday. lol

WCoastFin
10-21-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Kelly The Dog
I'm not sure that the Dolphin Ds really shut us down that much either. Drew was VERY conservative. Receivers were wide open all day and he missed a few wide open passes early. He missed Moulds WIDE open on a bomb. Peerless had one drop and a bomb off his fingertips. Moulds dropped three right in his hands. Henry dropped a couple short ones. After the Bills took the lead our offense really didnt even try to go down the field like they have been all year because the defense was playing well and our other best offensive weapon Ray Lucas was making plays for us. They couldnt stop the run all day and didnt make one play the whole game.

Dolphins D allowed 1 TD on a misscomunnication on Marion's fault...and allowed Henry to get into the endzone 0 times.

Kelly The Dog
10-21-2002, 04:30 PM
I just meant you Dolphins didnt cover anyone, didnt tackle anyone, didnt make any big plays or big stops or big hits or any turnovers, and we didnt really try to score like we normally do for half the game but rather threw the ball conservatively. And we stopped ourselves by bad passes to wide open guys or dropped passes by wide open guys. There wasnt a lot of pass break-ups or knocked down balls or ferocious hits that pried passes loose by the big bad Dolphins D. Precious few in fact. Okay, none.

Michael82
10-21-2002, 09:21 PM
I just meant you Dolphins didnt cover anyone, didnt tackle anyone, didnt make any big plays or big stops or big hits or any turnovers, and we didnt really try to score like we normally do for half the game but rather threw the ball conservatively. And we stopped ourselves by bad passes to wide open guys or dropped passes by wide open guys. There wasnt a lot of pass break-ups or knocked down balls or ferocious hits that pried passes loose by the big bad Dolphins D. Precious few in fact. Okay, none.

I hate to do this...but I totally disagree. Their defensive line was terrible. Their DL did not get to Bledsoe much and Jason Taylor just gave up. You could see a big difference from the 1st quarter. He just seemed to give up after a while. You could tell he was upset from the way Jonas Jennings was schooling him and after a while, he just GAVE UP. Also, the sacks on Drew were COVERAGE sacks, not really pressure. He had lots of time, but NO ONE to throw to! Their LBs were terrible with rushing. You did not hear much from the supposed "best" LB in the AFC...He did not do much and also let Travis Henry run all over him. Now, as far as Bledsoe...he had tons of time...but the Dolphins DBs proved how good they are after they adjusted in the 2nd half. Once they got burned by Eric Moulds for the 70 yard TD, they covered very nicely. It was like a blanket covering our receivers. None of them were open and the Dolphins Defensive Backs did a GREAT job of covering all the receivers.

Buffarama
10-21-2002, 09:24 PM
Their D kept them in the game. 6 turnovers, one a direct TD. The game could have easily been 33-10. Their D only allowed 16 points.

Michael82
10-21-2002, 09:30 PM
This led to Travis Henry pounding the ball. Once Drew had no one to throw to, Gilbride just kept pounding it with Henry to control the clock. But I still don't understand why he didn't do that in the 4th quarter. We had like 6 or 7 minutes left on the clock and Bledsoe threw 3 incomplete passes and didn't get the first down. I am still scratching my head at that. :scratch:

Meanwhile, on the next drive, they did it right. Travis Henry pounded the ball up Miami's gut, and Drew threw one pass. This led to the game sealing field goal. :D

Kelly The Dog
10-21-2002, 10:24 PM
Moulds was wide open deep and Drew just flat missed him. Peerless was open deep and Drew just barely over threw him. Centers was wide open over the middle and Drew just flat missed him. Moulds had two first downs right in his hands and just flat dropped them. Henry dropped two short screens. Peerless dropped a ball right in his hands. Drew also missed a couple more passes I cant recall to whom on the first couple drives I didnt count. That's 8-10 completions that in other games we were making routinely. Suddeny 23-31 for 300+ yards doesnt seem so bad. They didnt stop the Bills, we stopped ourselves IMO.

Halbert
10-22-2002, 01:43 AM
I thought the Dolphins D actually played reasonably good, certainly enough to be much more in the game than they were. Most of the time they kept Drew and our receivers in check. The had an uncharacteristic day against Travis, but the stuffed him many times and it was really only about 5-6 runs that put him at that 136 number. The only areas they failed, besides the bomb and long runs, were not getting any turnovers.

Judge
10-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Moulds was wide open deep and Drew just flat missed him. Peerless was open deep and Drew just barely over threw him. Centers was wide open over the middle and Drew just flat missed him. Moulds had two first downs right in his hands and just flat dropped them. Henry dropped two short screens. Peerless dropped a ball right in his hands. Drew also missed a couple more passes I cant recall to whom on the first couple drives I didnt count. That's 8-10 completions that in other games we were making routinely. Suddeny 23-31 for 300+ yards doesnt seem so bad. They didnt stop the Bills, we stopped ourselves IMO.

You are 100% correct. I'm glad someone else noticed this- those stupid Miami fans are deliberately looking away from reality- which is exactly what you said.

The Bills stopped themselves by misfiring, and it had nothing to do w/ any good play by the Miami D. The Miami D didn't do a darn thing all day.