PDA

View Full Version : Everyone says Sam Adams is old...

casdhf
04-23-2004, 06:37 AM
And that Pat Williams is going to be a FA. But, does anyone actually care that PW is a year older?? So that makes both guys old. Maybe a DT in the first rould isn't such a bad idea. I'm actually starting to think Harris would be the smartest pick.

My top three choices:

1: Tommie Harris
2: Rothlesburger falls to 13 he's ours
3: Trade down for OG Carey
4: Any top 10 player that slips

:up:

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 06:39 AM
Sounds good to me!:up::beers:

Pride
04-23-2004, 06:59 AM
In my opinion you use the draft for skill position players when you pick at 13. DT's can be plugged into almost any system. QB's are very different. You need to groom them, so I would rather have a QB at #13 than a DT that we can get in FA.

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Pride
In my opinion you use the draft for skill position players when you pick at 13. DT's can be plugged into almost any system. QB's are very different. You need to groom them, so I would rather have a QB at #13 than a DT that we can get in FA.

TD drafts the best player available no matter what position and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

casdhf
04-23-2004, 07:33 AM
I agree with that. It definately helped us out in the past.

Canadian'eh!
04-23-2004, 07:56 AM
I agree to a certain extent.

Bu Wilfork over Harris all the way. Harris reeks of bust. Just a feeling.

But to put it as my top priority? No. There are postions that are MUCH harder to fill than DT. There are always good DT's available on the FA market. But a good WR or QB is hard to get.

other than that I'd say the hard positions to find good players is DE that can pass rush, A shutdown CB (this year was an exception) and Then a dominant OT.

RB's have been relatively easy lately. (servicable if not spectacular), Middle of the OLine, servicable TE's, LB's, SS's and DT's are a snap.

ANd with all theolder CB's turning into FS's that is getting easier too (unless you're the Bills in which case thaey can't find a good FS to save our lives)

anyway... i would out it
Any top 10 player that falls. - ability over position
QB
WR
DE
OT