PDA

View Full Version : Pat Tillman

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 09:21 AM
Former NFL player player Pat Tillman who quit football and joined the Army Rangers has been reportedly been killed in Afghanistan says CNN. Will search for a link shortly.:patriot:

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2004, 09:29 AM
God Bless his family. What a sacrifice.

Patrick76777
04-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Death pool????

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Death pool????

That's just ****ing wrong!:down:

clumping platelets
04-23-2004, 09:32 AM
Yes it is! :mad:

:patriot:

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2004, 09:33 AM
He wasn't in Iraq, CNN says in its breaking news that he was killed in Afghanistan.

Novacane
04-23-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz

That's just ****ing wrong!:down:

I Agree 100%. Why is everything a gd joke with you Patrick.

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2004, 09:34 AM
I'm sure he didn't mean anything nasty by it. It was just in very poor taste.

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

It was ****ing stupid is what it was.

BuffaloBlakely14
04-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Yeah Patrick that is not right man...lost a lot fo respect for you...this guy gave up his NFL career to go serve in the Army after 9/11....Patrick you are a piece of crap

Novacane
04-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

I don't care what he meant by it. This has happened before with his dumb ass death pool. He has bad timing with his "sense of humor"

Novacane
04-23-2004, 09:38 AM
Back on topic.......God Bless his family. We need more men like Pat Tillman!

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Back on topic.......God Bless his family. We need more men like Pat Tillman!

Amen to that!

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 09:39 AM
Sad news...

baalworship
04-23-2004, 09:45 AM
While I have been against the war in Iraq, I still have a lot of respect for people that are in the military. This whole thing sucks. I am sure that Tillman took out some Al Qaeda before they got him. What a brave guy.

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 09:46 AM
guys.. ease up on patrick a bit.. attack the post, not the poster..

sucks for tilman.. i remember simeon rice dogging this crap out of him on a radio interview.. was one of the most obnoxious things i ever heard.

i always thought the story was incredible, turning down money millions in a contract extention and joining his brother in the rangers. unreal.

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 09:48 AM
http://a.abcnews.com/media/US/images/ap_pat_tillman_040423_nh.jpgPat Tillman, a former NFL player who swapped a glamorous football career to enlist in the U.S. Army, has been killed in action in Afghanistan, ABCNEWS has learned.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/US/Sports/tillman_afghanistan040423-1.html

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 09:50 AM

This is a totally different case, totally uncalled for.

Novacane
04-23-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

If he had made an asinine football related remark I would agree.................when someone makes jokes about someones death they deserve any attack they get.

Patrick76777
04-23-2004, 09:58 AM
It's cool guys, No one had him on their lists.

Dude was all man!

Novacane
04-23-2004, 10:03 AM

Still can't be serious about anything :rolleyes: Dickhead!

Canadian'eh!
04-23-2004, 10:05 AM
COMEPLETLY UNCALLED FOR!
That remark was very upsetting to me.

Anyway, RIP Pat Tillman. You followed your heart when most would follow the dollar signs. The world needs more people like you, not less. My condolences to the Tillman family, but take solice int he fact that you raised an outstanding young man.

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 10:10 AM

Dude was all man!

wow.. i retract my previous statement.. go ahead and attack the poster.. he's an idiot.. one comment wasnt enough to see that it upset alot of people... had to toss in another... you can say it was a joke, but if it has no humorous value, is it really a joke?

Patrick76777
04-23-2004, 10:14 AM
I said Dude was all man! The dude was all man! I never would have done what he did! What's wrong about that?

Novacane
04-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

but if it has no humorous value,

Very few of his "humorous" comments do. The only one laughing at most of Patricks attempts at humor is Patrick.

Novacane
04-23-2004, 10:16 AM
I said Dude was all man! The dude was all man! I never would have done what he did! What's wrong about that?

Like you don't know.

ryjam282
04-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Very sad to hear about this tragedy. Great man though, giving up millions to defend his country. I salute you Pat....

Patrick, your a ******

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 10:23 AM
The only one laughing at most of Patricks attempts at humor is Patrick.

I often laugh at his comments!

Novacane
04-23-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone

I often laugh at his comments!

2 peas in a pod

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2004, 10:24 AM
His posts were ill advised, and nobody liked them, so let's not respond to what we don't like and get into a pizzing contest.

Remember, Pat died defending his country, a country that allows remarks that are inflammatory, and sometimes a little ignorant. People all react differently to situations like this. But I doubt that ANYONE would doubt that this man embodies the American spirit. I hope that I am half the man that he was, and I will honor his memory. Years from now, I hope to remember the guy who gave up millions in a career in football to do what he thought was right.

doormatt
04-23-2004, 10:25 AM
One of my friends said it best: "In a age devoid of heroes and role models we lost one today."

Great article on Tillman:

http://www.thestate.com/mld/charlotte/sports/football/6311866.htm

"He's certainly a throwback to athletes in the `40s and `50s, who were either called up in the draft or volunteered to go fight in a war," Roby said. "The difference is the financial implications are so much greater today. The gap is much larger today between what athletes and everybody else makes."

Novacane
04-23-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by doormatt
One of my friends said it best: "In a age devoid of heroes and role models we lost one today."

:up:

BillsNick
04-23-2004, 10:30 AM
Pat Tillman was a class act. Thank god for people like him.:bf1:

Patrick, you really are classless. :cynic:

Bill Brasky
04-23-2004, 10:32 AM
My friend is in the Rangers, I hope this doesnt happen to him. Too bad the world doesn't have more people like this guy who aren't obsessed with money.

NC-BILLS44
04-23-2004, 10:40 AM
RIP Pat Tillman

May God Bless him and his family. May God watch over his brother and all of our military personnel. They are all in my prayers!!!

Jokes!!!!!! People are dying to protect your way of life. Show them some damned respect and appreciate the daily sacrifices, otherwise shut the hell up!!!!

DraftBoy
04-23-2004, 10:57 AM
RIP Pat Tillman -We can only pray for your family and hope in the future there will be more men like you...

Pat that was horrible

DougFlutie7
04-23-2004, 11:09 AM
RIP Pat, you were a good man.

Patrick, you are a piece of garbage. A rotten, filthy excuse for a human being. You should be ashamed of yourself. I don’t understand what makes you think the way you do. You are a terrible person. Lowest of the low. You will rot in hell some day.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2004, 11:16 AM
:pray:

Kolbiss
04-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks Pat, and all the soldiers who fight for freedom. We all have different opinions on the war, but we can all agree that people like Pat Tillman, and other soldiers who have been killed(and those who haven't)are FAR greater heroes than any athlete. Stuff like this makes me so pissed off at people like Eli Manning who is whinning about what team he wants to play on.......Be happy about the positon your in, and stop acting like a Child!!! Sorry for the off topic rant, I can't stand Multi Million Dollar athletes who think there above the game ,and the world owes them something. God Bless You Pat and Family!!!!

The Natrix
04-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Wow, god bless him.

NC-BILLS44
04-23-2004, 11:57 AM
God Bless Pat Tillman.

Demon
04-23-2004, 12:00 PM
Very shocking news. God bless the Tillman family. I still believe his brother was also in Afganistan but i could be wrong. I remember seeing a story on Pat Tillman on Sports Center.

God bless him and his family. He won't be forgotten, that's for sure. He's a hero in my book.

Ingtar33
04-23-2004, 12:14 PM
God bless Pat Tillman.

God bless all the guys and gals over there.

Demon
04-23-2004, 12:18 PM
Just a side note, Arizona Cardinals are holding a press conference soon. It will be aired on CNN and ESPNews for sure, prolly the other news channels also.

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by jfreeman
My friend is in the Rangers, I hope this doesnt happen to him. Too bad the world doesn't have more people like this guy who aren't obsessed with money.

Me too man. He has told me some crazy stuff that he has gone through when he has been back on leave.

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm so sad right now... I respect this guy so much. **** Simeon Rice, he'll never be half the man Tillman was. Classless

And Pat yo bro, that was just wrong. The man has a family. He just passed away protecting your rights. And you joke around like that. Death is not a joke dude. I kno u didn't mean it. But then you come back with the He's not on our lists joke. your as classless and disrespectful as Simeon Rice :angry:

Romes
04-23-2004, 12:32 PM
My prayers are for him, his family and continue to be with the rest of the troops. Such somber news on a Friday morning.

Michael82
04-23-2004, 12:34 PM
This really sucks! I'm sad to see a great guy like Pat Tillman get killed. He gave us MILLIONS of dollars and a great NFL career to help fight for our country and now he lost his life for it. I hope the NFL Hall of Fame puts him in for this. He is definitely a hero and a class act...just like the former Buffalo Bills player who did the same thing in Vietnam...Bob Kalsu! :pray:

God Bless Pat Tillman and all of the men and women who die while fighting for our country. :pray: :usa:

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 12:37 PM
RIP Soldier!!!

I just read the Simeon Rice BS. Talk about insecurity and jealousy!!! :angry:

Rice has bizarre view of sacrifice; former Cardinal's comments on Tillman disturbing

BY SLIM SMITH

East Valley Tribune (Mesa, Ariz.)

MESA, Ariz. - (KRT) - You don't have to be Dr. Doolittle to hear a jackass talk.
All you had to do Friday was turn on the radio.
Former Arizona Cardinal and newly crowned Super Bowl champ Simeon Rice used Friday's edition of the Jim Rome radio show - that great bastion of intellectual discourse - to share his bizarre views on former teammate Pat Tillman, who gave up his NFL career to become a Ranger in the U.S. Army 10 months ago.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/5138717.htm?1c

Bmax
04-23-2004, 12:45 PM
I heard part of jim rome earlier ...it was pretty good .. all the former vets were calling in saying how much they were touched by the event. Let's continue to pray for his wife and family....

Bmax

Ps ...our prayers should also continue for all the men and women still serving our country overseas and in the us ....

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 12:52 PM
Kellen Winslow, I'm sorry... Tillman's the real f'n soldier

Voltron
04-23-2004, 12:58 PM
People can complain about the War in Iraq and I can respect the arguments (even though they are wrong and based on BS). This guy was in Afghanistan, A country that HAD to be invaded so we could crush the backbone of the terrorists that attacked us on OUR SOIL, and the disgusting regime that had more human rights violations than China!!

God bless him and all of our dearly departed men and women of the armed forces. They gave their all so that so many of us could live free.

Patrick, I know you are not usually so crude and obnoxious but your comments were uncalled for and I think you should go back thru and edit them.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” George Orwell

Samphin1
04-23-2004, 12:59 PM
I can't add anymore than what has already been said by you guys, but I will try.

Sometimes we get so caught up in football, drafts, free agents and whatnot that we forget abotu the war going on in Iraq. However, most have that still on the top of their brain even when it slips for a moment. A lot of people ( myself included) sem to forget about the battles going on in Afghanastan. It is terrible that such a sad event has to be the thing that reminds us all that we have brave men and women not only in Iraq but in Afghanastan and elsewhere throughout the world. These soldiers are true heroes and show what bravery is all about.

Any of them could play on my team whenevr they wanted to.

RIP Pat Tillman and all soldiers who have bravely fought and lost their lives throughout our wars.

justasportsfan
04-23-2004, 01:15 PM
His death touched more lives than he could ever have playing football. Out of the entire group he was w/ , he was the only one who passed away in that attack. Was touching other peoples lives the purpose of his death?

Success can be measured in many ways. In my book success is measured by how many lives you touch and inspire. God be with you Pat and may He bless and watch over your family .

Dozerdog
04-23-2004, 01:17 PM
Pat Tillman is a true Hero.

Sgt Ron, a guy I work with, returned from Afghanistan recently. It's not pretty out there. Tillman will be missed- As will all the rest......

JJamezz
04-23-2004, 01:33 PM
It's a shame we live in a world like we do, but that's the reality, and guys like Tillman make it their mission in life to protect people like us. May God bless you and your family Pat.

HAMMER
04-23-2004, 01:43 PM
This guy had ALL my respect when he gave up football, a role model for generations to come. Thank you Patrick! RIP

Devin
04-23-2004, 02:55 PM
God Bless Pat.

Guy was braver then a lot of us could ever hope to be. My father was an Army Ranger for 23 years. And that guy passing on 3 million dollars to defend his country.......

Thank you Pat.

Rangers lead the way.

The_Philster
04-23-2004, 03:39 PM
This happens all the time in war, wars that shouldn't be fought are no different...but it never gets easier and for someone we know, even by just his name and reputation as a player, it hits home that much quicker.

Originally posted by DougFlutie7
RIP Pat, you were a good man.

Patrick, you are a piece of garbage. A rotten, filthy excuse for a human being. You should be ashamed of yourself. I don’t understand what makes you think the way you do. You are a terrible person. Lowest of the low. You will rot in hell some day.

C'mon Flakes...the posts were stupid and ******ed but attack the post and not the poster ;)

Novacane
04-23-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
This happens all the time in war, wars that shouldn't be fought are no different...but it never gets easier and for someone we know, even by just his name and reputation as a player, it hits home that much quicker.

C'mon Flakes...the posts were stupid and ******ed but attack the post and not the poster ;)

For the second time...................the poster got exactly what he deserved

Bulldog
04-23-2004, 03:49 PM

For the second time...................the poster got exactly what he deserved

Phil, for him to say something like that in the first place was just wrong. But to come back and make the second post, he got what he had coming!

The_Philster
04-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Did you guys even notice who I said that to? ;) Guess who it is.

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DougFlutie7

lol

Stewie
04-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Talk about sacrifice...

"Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan (news - web sites) after walking away from a multimillion-dollar NFL contract to join the Army Rangers, U.S. officials said Friday."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=551&e=2&u=/ap/20040423/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_afghan_nfl_player

hemi13
04-23-2004, 04:07 PM
This is one HELL of an American. To give up a nice life in the NFL to go fight for his country make him a great man.

Way out of line of the death pool thing.

GEORGE BUSH IN 2004
4 more years baby

hemi13
04-23-2004, 04:10 PM
This is one HELL of an American. To give up a nice life in the NFL to go fight for his country takes a lot. I have the utmost respect for him.

Way out of line of the death pool thing.

I have to say congratulations to my son for being accepted at the US Naval Academy. I'm so proud of you Patrick for working so hard to get what you wanted out of life. God Bless America.

GEORGE BUSH IN 2004
4 more years baby

mypoorfriendme
04-23-2004, 04:11 PM
bad news....look at the other thread

Indy Bills Fan
04-24-2004, 12:57 AM
Thanks Pat, For helping to protect my family and I. Truly a class individual that was taken way too early. May GOD be with you and your family.