PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Z say Buffalo takes Wilfolk or Clayton...

Ickybaluky
04-23-2004, 12:53 PM
In his mock draft, he has the 3 QB's gone before Buffalo picks. He says this about their pick:

Buffalo Bills
VINCE WILFORK, DT, Miami

It's between Wilfork, under the theory that you can never have too many defensive linemen, and wideout Michael Clayton. "Right now we can't break the tie," my Buffalo informant said. "You do it for us." So it's Wilfork, only because I've got Clayton ticketed for a nice friendly home farther down the street.

Link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/dr_z/04/22/zim.mockdraft/index.html)

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 12:54 PM
Interesting both players could be very good.

buffmaniac
04-23-2004, 01:02 PM
Wilfork just might be the best player on the board when we select.

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by buffmaniac
Wilfork just might be the best player on the board when we select.

I really hope we trade down if that is the case.

Voltron
04-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

I really hope we trade down if that is the case.

Ummm Big Pat's contract is done at the end of the year and Adams will be 31 this year. The backup (Gibson) is 32. We need some youth there for next year and that would be a great pick.

JJamezz
04-23-2004, 01:20 PM
OMG Spaz, my dream is coming true....

:eek:

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
OMG Spaz, my dream is coming true....

:eek:

:jawdrop:

mypoorfriendme
04-23-2004, 02:29 PM
a couple of things....

1. has anyone seen vilforks highlight video from espn.com??? its amazing..him being in the backfield before the o-line is even off the ball, more than once he almost got to the qb before he handed the ball off.

2. i agree, trade down (despite the highlight video, these are HIGHlights; i guess hes not very consistant from what i hear

3. michael clayton?? are you kidding? ill kill myself if we get him at 13 over reggie williams and lee evans. if my memory serves me right, clayton had an avg of less than 10 yards a catch. possession guy.

4. if we do go DT at 13, and assuming both are available, is it wilfork or harris?? i say harris by a long shot, but thats jsut me

superbills
04-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Another mock without trades. Does anyone actually think that the top 15 will not have any trades in the mix? His "sources" are on glue.

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 02:56 PM
harris will be gone at 8... falcon

casdhf
04-23-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

Ummm Big Pat's contract is done at the end of the year and Adams will be 31 this year. The backup (Gibson) is 32. We need some youth there for next year and that would be a great pick.

Williams also will be 32

TigerJ
04-23-2004, 05:07 PM
I don't like that prospect. I know Wilfork is good, but he gives no more immediate help than would a QB. Clayton is a possession receiver as mypoorfriendme stated. A good possession receiver is still not worth the 13th overall pick in the draft. Keyshawn Johnson went early, and the Jets regretted taking him ever after.

As we've heard, there are others claiming inside information who paint a different picture. Someone's lying. What did Dr. Z predict for Buffalo's pick last year? It would be interesting to grade his accuracy.

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 05:16 PM
tiger.. would you be ok with say, wilfork, grove in the second, and then smoker?

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 05:17 PM
and i think that at 13, we would take williams or evans over clayton.. clayton could be our 2nd round pick.

ShadowHawk7
04-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
tiger.. would you be ok with say, wilfork, grove in the second, and then smoker?

That'd be good, cept' I think we could grab Smoker in the 4th. I'd probably go best WR available in the 3rd then.

TigerJ
04-23-2004, 08:49 PM
I'm pretty laid back, Tatonka. If the Bills pick Wilfork, I won't get bent out of shape. I do like Smoker, and Grove would be a solid addition too. You and I disagree on drafting a WR though. I would really like to see Buffalo get someone with some speed, and the earlier the better. I know that's not nearly as much of an issue with you. If I have to wait until later in the draft and watch the Bills pick up a Jeris McIntyre or Kendrick Starling, then so be it.

BillsFanInMass
04-24-2004, 05:29 AM
I predict Will Smith or Udeze in the first.

Dantheman1280
04-24-2004, 06:18 AM
I think where ever we go it will be offense