PDA

View Full Version : Hey Kellen Winslow, you're no soldier.

lordofgun
04-23-2004, 02:20 PM
You should take a look at Pat Tillman and keep your trap shut. I just hope some of the cocky athletes learn something from this situation.

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 02:21 PM
They should kill him, so he knows how it feels.

Novacane
04-23-2004, 02:21 PM
They won't.

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2004, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately, the Pat Tillman's of this world are quickly forgotten. But I hope not.

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths
Unfortunately, the Pat Tillman's of this world are quickly forgotten. But I hope not.

I knew a Matt Tillman. He sat behind me in 10th grade math class. I'll never forget him. He was a funny guy.

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
You should take a look at Pat Tillman and keep your trap shut. I just hope some of the cocky athletes learn something from this situation.

i said that same thing b4, winslow

lordofgun
04-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i said that same thing b4, winslow

Yeah, but no one can understand anything you type. :jk:

mypoorfriendme
04-23-2004, 02:56 PM
pat tillman is the first true american hero ive seen or heard of in a while. while i respect the FDNY, it was their job to save lives and what not. pat tillman turned down millions to go fight for his country. i really hope this whole situation registers with kellen. football is a game, soldiers are fighting for our lives in the middle east.

great thread

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
pat tillman is the first true american hero ive seen or heard of in a while. while i respect the FDNY, it was their job to save lives and what not. pat tillman turned down millions to go fight for his country. i really hope this whole situation registers with kellen. football is a game, soldiers are fighting for our lives in the middle east.

great thread

Don't agree at all. job or no job. A true hero defends your rights! They are all heros, Mad props to Pat for doing stuff he had no need to do, class act

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 03:01 PM
Yeah, but no one can understand anything you type. :jk:

I could counter react with some trash talking and make you cry, but that's nothin new for you:snicker: plus it's your bday man!!! i can't do that ya lousy ....

helmetguy
04-23-2004, 03:18 PM
Agreed, Stampy. Tillman was a real soldier; Winslow, Jr. just a toy soldier.

casdhf
04-23-2004, 04:36 PM
I say winslow is a ****. :up:

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I say winslow is a ****. :up:

I say... I'd draft Winslow in a second :up:

Ed
04-23-2004, 04:39 PM
What did Winslow say?

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 04:41 PM
he always says... i'm not a football player... i'm a f'n soldier, very cocky attitude, but hell of a talent, he's a hurricane- comes with the territory

HAMMER
04-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
They should kill him, so he knows how it feels.
What is wrong with you people? Kill him?

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER

People are crazy at times. He'd sing a different tune if he was a bill and said that crap

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 05:22 PM
he probably doesnt even know who pat tillman is.. he is sitting in a hotel right now in new york thinking about the 8 million dollar signing bonus he is about to get.

damn it that so horrible that tillman died. i was really hoping he would make it back and get a chance to get back in the nfl.

Samphin1
04-23-2004, 05:38 PM

While were at it, someone slap Simeon Rice for his deplorable comments regarding Pat Tillman. These people have no view of the bigger picture and are typical self centered athletes who would probably cr@p themselves if any type of danger came their way. Pat Tillman will not be soon forgotten. If I had it my way, all those brave souls who have lost their lives, limbs and sense of worth ( a friend of mine has recently come back, completely changed, his mother basically says she sacrificed her son for her country, even though he is still living). would all be on tv, all be getting the glory they deserve ad making the money that athletes are making.

:patriot:

DraftBoy
04-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1

While were at it, someone slap Simeon Rice for his deplorable comments regarding Pat Tillman. These people have no view of the bigger picture and are typical self centered athletes who would probably cr@p themselves if any type of danger came their way. Pat Tillman will not be soon forgotten. If I had it my way, all those brave souls who have lost their lives, limbs and sense of worth ( a friend of mine has recently come back, completely changed, his mother basically says she sacrificed her son for her country, even though he is still living). would all be on tv, all be getting the glory they deserve ad making the money that athletes are making.

:patriot:

Agreed, some of the posters on this board need to be slapped too for some of their horrible comments about this tragedy.

HenryRules
04-23-2004, 06:06 PM
I'm sorry, but jumping on Winslow for saying something like that is a load of ****. Is he a soldier, no, obviously not. However, is he the first person to use words like "soldier", "warrior", "battler", "hero", "commander", "general", "trenches" etc. in conversation when discussing football? Hell no.

*****, it seems five or six times a day someone on this board talks about winning games "in the trenches". Why no words against them? My grandfather knows what trenches are, not Jonas Jennings. Same thing.

HenryRules
04-23-2004, 06:42 PM
I have never done this before at all (quote past posts by a user), but this is one case where I think it's deserved.

LOG, please tell me what is the difference between what Winslow said and what you said here: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33939&highlight=warrior

I love TH. He's been a warrior this season.

Again, I apologize for being classless and quoting a past post, but I think it proves my point that Winslow is not the first or last to make this sort of statement.

The_Philster
04-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
I have never done this before at all (quote past posts by a user), but this is one case where I think it's deserved.

LOG, please tell me what is the difference between what Winslow said and what you said here: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33939&highlight=warrior

Again, I apologize for being classless and quoting a past post, but I think it proves my point that Winslow is not the first or last to make this sort of statement.

:huh: You're grasping there. Winslow tried to come off like he was some kind of soldier. Henry never said a thing about how he was. Two completely different things.

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by HAMMER

Yeah, that was harsh. I was a little emotional earlier this afternoon. Now that I'm settled down, I would just maybe crush his legs or something.

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
People are crazy at times. He'd sing a different tune if he was a bill and said that crap

Yeah, so. What's your point?

HenryRules
04-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

:huh: You're grasping there. Winslow tried to come off like he was some kind of soldier. Henry never said a thing about how he was. Two completely different things.

I am not grasping there .... maybe you should re-read it.

LOG was complaining about Winslow calling himself a soldier (an athlete being referred to as a soldier).

At the same time, LOG has used basically the exact same statement to describe another athlete.

Basically, I'm asking why LOG finds it acceptable for him to compare athletes to those in the military but it's not right for the athlete's themselves.

I never once implied that Henry said anything like that, I'm curious where you got that idea.

The_Philster
04-23-2004, 07:54 PM

LOG was complaining about Winslow calling himself a soldier (an athlete being referred to as a soldier).

At the same time, LOG has used basically the exact same statement to describe another athlete.

Basically, I'm asking why LOG finds it acceptable for him to compare athletes to those in the military but it's not right for the athlete's themselves.

I never once implied that Henry said anything like that, I'm curious where you got that idea.
You're comparing what Winslow said about himself to what LOG said about Henry...not even remotely similar :shakeno:

SabreEleven
04-23-2004, 08:10 PM
What did Rice say? I don't remember.

HenryRules
04-23-2004, 08:10 PM

You're comparing what Winslow said about himself to what LOG said about Henry...not even remotely similar :shakeno:

How the hell do you figure that?

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 08:12 PM

:hi5:

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 08:12 PM
How the hell do you figure that?

It's so obvious.

HenryRules
04-23-2004, 08:17 PM

It's so obvious.

Explain please.

Go to www.thesaurus.com and "warrior" is listed as a synonym of "soldier". If LOG has deemed it acceptable for athletes to be considered soldiers, then what is wrong with an athlete himself doing so?

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Explain please.

Go to www.thesaurus.com and "warrior" is listed as a synonym of "soldier". If LOG has deemed it acceptable for athletes to be considered soldiers, then what is wrong with an athlete himself doing so?

How do I know this thesaurus.com isn't some sort of spyware site?

mypoorfriendme
04-23-2004, 08:42 PM
How do I know this thesaurus.com isn't some sort of spyware site?

:lol:

but in all seriousness, what kellen said was not "i play like a soldier" he straight said "im an effin' soldier, theyre out there to kill me, i have to kill them first. this is not a game its a war"

NO kellen! football IS a game and dont worry, no ones out to kill you just yet. want to see a war? look in the middle east where you have real soldiers really being killed

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 08:43 PM

:phew:

At least SOMEONE knows I'm kidding. :D

HenryRules
04-23-2004, 08:47 PM

but in all seriousness, what kellen said was not "i play like a soldier" he straight said "im an effin' soldier, theyre out there to kill me, i have to kill them first. this is not a game its a war"

NO kellen! football IS a game and dont worry, no ones out to kill you just yet. want to see a war? look in the middle east where you have real soldiers really being killed

He's not the first person to talk about "killing" someone during the game, he's not the first person to say this is a "war" not a game (win the war in the trenches is something often said of football).

It's absolutely ridiculous the amount of flak this guy has taken for something that almost every sports fan says.

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 08:56 PM
In all seriousness, right or wrong, most players, coaches, and announcers use those words as figures of speech. Kellen used them in a childish tirade. There is a big difference, IMO. Although... he did say that months ago, and why it's brought up now is beyond me.

Michael82
04-23-2004, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by chernobylwraiths

Not true! Don't you remember another guy who died after leaving the NFL? Bob Kalsu? He's on the Bills Wall of Fame and I think they have a memorial for him in Canton. :usa: :patriot:

Samphin1
04-24-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm sorry, but jumping on Winslow for saying something like that is a load of ****. Is he a soldier, no, obviously not. However, is he the first person to use words like "soldier", "warrior", "battler", "hero", "commander", "general", "trenches" etc. in conversation when discussing football? Hell no.

*****, it seems five or six times a day someone on this board talks about winning games "in the trenches". Why no words against them? My grandfather knows what trenches are, not Jonas Jennings. Same thing.

Agreed that a lot of people use it probably, everyday for events outside of football as well. The difference is that these people, LOG, normal folk, use them as a metaphor, as some kind of way to describe someone or something. When Kellen went off, he was downright serious. He wa smaking out hi splight to be something greater than it was, and he got called on it. That is the key difference imo. What LOG said is a thinly veiled military reference, but it pails in comparison to what Kellen said. Kellen gave th eimpression that he should be heralded as a war hero type, not a ballplayer making a militaristic comment. Big difference. Tone had a lot to do with it.

Also, sometimes players refrain form using such terms. For instance, Miami's Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas, visited troops last year and were so moved by what they sacrifice and gave up, that they vowed to never use those types of metaphors again about football.

Someone, asked what Simeon Rice had said. He was asked about his former teammate Pat Tillman, back when Tillman joined the Army, an dhad some unflattering things to say. He stated ( paraphrasing here) that Tillman was playing "Rambo" and that it wasn't that big of a deal because he wasn't that good of a plyer anyway. When told he was a starter in the NFL, he said, yeah but he started for the Cardinals, basically stating that he wasn't good enough to start on a "real" team. It was disgusting and purely self centered. He wa smad because the talk wasn't about him and his newly acquired Super Bowl Ring. He said other things too but I would rather not repeat them.

lordofgun
04-24-2004, 09:03 AM

Exactly. The difference is that no one cares WTF I say about someone else.

lordofgun
04-24-2004, 09:09 AM
Exactly. The difference is that no one cares WTF I say about someone else.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have KW2 on the team. I just think a lot of these ******ed spoiled athletes need to shut their traps and play. Nobody's life is going to change based on how well KW2 plays in the NFL.

Jan Reimers
04-24-2004, 09:27 AM
Pat Tillman was a man and a true hero. Kellen Winslow is a selfish, spoiled little boy. End of story.

lordofgun
04-24-2004, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Pat Tillman was a man and a true hero. Kellen Winslow is a selfish, spoiled little boy. End of story.

well said.