PDA

View Full Version : Mort on ESPN right now

Novacane
04-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Chris Morenson just reported the Chargers owner Spanos has his mind set on taking Eli Manning #1. It would take a team giving thier entire draft this season plus a #1 next year for them to even consider not taking Manning.

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 03:03 PM
i think this is a good trade... Kerry Collins, Hilliard, 4th overall for Eli Manning

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
i think this is a good trade... Kerry Collins, Hilliard, 4th overall for Eli Manning

A washed up QB and an injury prone WR and a pick I don't think so IMO.

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 03:13 PM
well they can take rivers at 4. and use collins till rivers is ready

Aero II
04-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Why not just use Flutie then?

justasportsfan
04-23-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Aero II
Why not just use Flutie then? too short

Novacane
04-23-2004, 03:40 PM
and old

nolimit
04-23-2004, 04:15 PM
the giants will take rossenbagger at 4. it will then be a contest between the billa and stillers of who can trade up first to get rivers.

don137
04-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Very interesting....Now if the Raiders don't trade down for someone to take Gallery and draft Roy Williams and Arizona takes Fitzgerald could leave the Giants to take Gallery. If that happens then one of the two QBs can fall to us...

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
the giants will take rossenbagger at 4. it will then be a contest between the billa and stillers of who can trade up first to get rivers.

If the giants had a brain...
They'd go after the bigger holes on their Defense. If Gallery is off board. They should draft Sean Taylor. I find that a much bigger need then QB. I do not think Kerry Collins is a bad QB. He does his job, He ain't no Brett favre but he does enough stuff to give you a shot to win. Adding Gallery or Taylor would be smartest thing for that franchise

It could help us in our need for a QB too. I think we have a greater need at qb then NY, Cause they have bigger holes to fill on their team

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
the giants will take rossenbagger at 4.

Worst spelling of Ben Roethlisberger to date :snicker:

DraftBoy
04-23-2004, 05:29 PM
The offer as reported by Sal Palontonio on the Draft Show was a swapping of 1sts, a 3rd, 2nd later on, and a player (same as the falcons trade)

Novacane
04-23-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE

If the giants had a brain...
They'd go after the bigger holes on their Defense. If Gallery is off board. They should draft Sean Taylor. I find that a much bigger need then QB. I do not think Kerry Collins is a bad QB. He does his job, He ain't no Brett favre but he does enough stuff to give you a shot to win. Adding Gallery or Taylor would be smartest thing for that franchise

If Gallery is gone I would not be shocked at all to see the Giants nab Taylor.

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 05:40 PM
i dont think the giants take big ben.. if they were high on him AT ALL they would not have been trying to trade up.

nolimit
04-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i dont think the giants take big ben.. if they were high on him AT ALL they would not have been trying to trade up.

No doubt they are in love with eli. But they will settle for Big Ben. i personally think they should be eyeing gallery.

Michael82
04-23-2004, 06:09 PM
This is hilarious! I hope that San Diego takes him #1 overall. I would love to see his face when he goes up to the podium with Tagliabue and has to put on the Chargers hat and hold the jersey. :lol:

:lolpoint: Eli Manning

also, It will be interesting to see if he puts up a fuss right away and really holds out. If he does...it will tarnish the Manning name forever. :shakeno:

Ingtar33
04-23-2004, 06:18 PM
oh, im not so sure... the Manning name is like Kennedy in politics, if Chappaquiddick couldn't take the shine of the Kennedy name, this little scuff won't take it off the Manning name.

Michael82
04-23-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
oh, im not so sure... the Manning name is like Kennedy in politics, if Chappaquiddick couldn't take the shine of the Kennedy name, this little scuff won't take it off the Manning name.

Do you really think the Chargers will take him? also, do you think he will hold out? Or will he shut his mouth once they show him the money?

Novacane
04-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
This is hilarious! I hope that San Diego takes him #1 overall. I would love to see his face when he goes up to the podium with Tagliabue and has to put on the Chargers hat and hold the jersey. :lol:

:lolpoint: Eli Manning

also, It will be interesting to see if he puts up a fuss right away and really holds out. If he does...it will tarnish the Manning name forever. :shakeno:

Mort was saying the Mannings are so pissed the Chargers went public with this that Eli very well may not go up on stage if he is drafted by them. That would really be classless IMO.

Ingtar33
04-23-2004, 06:42 PM
i think they're only threatening to draft him to drag that little extra out of the NYG

The only thing that SD could do that will suprise me tomarow will be them passing on Manning and drafting Rivers or Gallery #1 overall, without a trade down.

Mr. Cynical
04-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Gallery would be a surprise. But them using their #1 on Rivers would be more like a complete and total brain fart imo. :snicker: They could easily trade down and get him and get a bunch of additonal picks as well.

Michael82
04-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Mort was saying the Mannings are so pissed the Chargers went public with this that Eli very well may not go up on stage if he is drafted by them. That would really be classless IMO.

OMG! If they did that...then I hope the Chargers tell them to pound rock salt. What *******s. My respect on Archie and now Eli have definitely down down now. :shakeno:

DraftBoy
04-23-2004, 09:31 PM
I hope he doesnt walk out and gets booed for not doing it, ingrateful punk

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
Didn't work out for Brian Griese though. :snicker:

Michael82
04-23-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by DraftBoy
I hope he doesnt walk out and gets booed for not doing it, ingrateful punk

I agree! Especially after Pat Tillman getting killed and the NFL will probably hold a moment of silence before the draft and then right away...some ***** decides to not even come on stage because he's drafted by a bad team. HELLO! That's what the #1 pick is...the worst team in the NFL! :rolleyes: