PDA

View Full Version : I no longer want J.P. Losman

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 04:05 PM
This guy was just on the ESPN NFL Draft special and they followed him through the combine and all his workouts this guy is totally unprofessional and acts like teenager. Also what surprised me even more is that the guys on ESPN said the same thing and one even said "his 11 year old daughter was more mature". This guy has a gun and that's about all. Now I know where the Rob Johnson comparisons come from. TD and Co. please stay away from this guy!:pray:

mypoorfriendme
04-23-2004, 04:09 PM
glad to see youve seen the light spaz....and christ, an 11 year old daughter?? assuming hes around 24, he had a kid at 13? wow.

ive had a bad feeling about him since the senior bowl and this confirms why

nolimit
04-23-2004, 04:13 PM
there is no way he has an 11 year old daughter? anyway, who cares if he acts like a kid. Atleast he has some personality. Rob Johnson was like talkin to a wall.

Novacane
04-23-2004, 04:14 PM
Just say no to JP Losman!

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
there is no way he has an 11 year old daughter? anyway, who cares if he acts like a kid. Atleast he has some personality. Rob Johnson was like talkin to a wall.

Having a kid's personality isn't good for any player and especially a QB who is supposed to be the leader of your offense.

nolimit
04-23-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Having a kid's personality isn't good for any player and especially a QB who is supposed to be the leader of your offense.

thats what you assume.

The Spaz
04-23-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by nolimit
thats what you assume.

Uh yeah name me a QB who has those traits and is successful.

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
glad to see youve seen the light spaz....and christ, an 11 year old daughter?? assuming hes around 24, he had a kid at 13? wow.

ive had a bad feeling about him since the senior bowl and this confirms why

I would assume that the reporter was talking about his own daughter.

Ed
04-23-2004, 04:21 PM
I think he meant the guy on ESPN's 11 year old daughter.

Anyway, I agree. I watched that special too and he definitely rubbed me the wrong way.

The only comparison I see to RJ is they both have that prototypical size, athletic ability and arm. RJ never came off as a cocky a-hole the way this guy does though.

nolimit
04-23-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

Uh yeah name me a QB who has those traits and is successful.

Namath/ Kelly come to mind. But I truly dont know because i dont hang around nfl qbs all day. My point is we just cant assume he wont be a good qb because he acts like a teenager.

Ed
04-23-2004, 04:29 PM
Maybe you can't assume that he won't be a good qb, but it certainly doesn't make him appealing.

STAMPY
04-23-2004, 04:29 PM
As Tatonka stated...
The guy is just cocky, he's not an ******* he was voted team leader like 3 years in a row or something, if was a dickhead i highly doubt he'd have the support of his teammates. I could careless how he gets along with the competition or media. As long as the guy has a good relationship and brotherhood with his teammates. IN LOSMAN WE TRUST!!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-23-2004, 05:22 PM
I wouldnt be pissed if we got him.

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 05:26 PM
i am going to defend rob johnson here.. he was very mature and handled the whole thing in buffalo very well i think. he never pissed and moaned and never acted like a child. i dont get the comparison to him at all.

DraftBoy
04-23-2004, 05:27 PM
I watched the same special and he seems normal to me. What do you want a humble QB whos like Im not that good or who is completely in awe of working out after Eli Manning? Hell No! I want somebody with some self confidence his comments about working out after Eli were great. I cant remeber them exactly but I can remeber I liked them alot. He continues to impress me, although I highly doubt we get him now.

Devin
04-23-2004, 05:29 PM
isnt this the guy who on one of the ESPN shows was like challenging or threatning Ben R "had words for him" or something.

Heard rumors about Losmans complete crap attitude for months, reminds of willie Beamen from Any Given Sunday.

If we dont get our man at QB id wait or pass on Losman.

DraftBoy
04-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Devin
isnt this the guy who on one of the ESPN shows was like challenging or threatning Ben R "had words for him" or something.

Heard rumors about Losmans complete crap attitude for months, reminds of willie Beamen from Any Given Sunday.

If we dont get our man at QB id wait or pass on Losman.

But Beaman whooped ass...The thing with Ben R was during the combine Ben R didnt run and JP did so he said something to him and then later said that it was a smart idea by Ben R not to run and just to throw but he would of liked him to, just to see how his time stacked up.

Geez-kid tries to joke around and people jump all over his ass about it...Give the kid a chance.

The_Philster
04-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i am going to defend rob johnson here.. he was very mature and handled the whole thing in buffalo very well i think. he never pissed and moaned and never acted like a child. i dont get the comparison to him at all.
I have to agree. The only time I can really think of him acting like a child was when he and Flutie were sniping back and forth...both a couple of babies, IMO :cynic: :baby:

Tatonka
04-23-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I have to agree. The only time I can really think of him acting like a child was when he and Flutie were sniping back and forth...both a couple of babies, IMO :cynic: :baby:

flutie was the one doing that ****.. and trying to turn the players against each other.. rob stayed quiet almost through the entire thing.. and when he did say something, he was very diplomatic.

The_Philster
04-23-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
flutie was the one doing that ****.. and trying to turn the players against each other.. rob stayed quiet almost through the entire thing.. and when he did say something, he was very diplomatic.

Well, I'll agree Flutie started it...but Rob should have just let Flutie keep digging his own grave. He shouldn't have said a word...just let the media think he didn't care what his "teammate" was saying about him.

Ingtar33
04-23-2004, 06:28 PM
i don't recall rob ever saying a thing about flutie except saying he thought he should start.

The_Philster
04-23-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
i don't recall rob ever saying a thing about flutie except saying he thought he should start.

I remember an article that was in Penthouse where RJ complained that Flutie's comments about the Tennessee playoff game were a shot at not only him but the team. Flutie had talked like if only he had played instead of RJ, we would have won. As if RJ was the only one that struggled in that game. :cynic: RJ wasn't nearly as big a jerk about the whole situation but it would have been better had he not even commented on the back-tsbbing midget. :cynic:

TedMock
04-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Absolutely. I didn't like either one of them but Flutie was definitely the bigger a-hole. RJ should've let him run his mouth and dig his own grave the way he did with Eason in NE and McMahon in Chicago. He talked a lot of junk back then too. That's why he was banished to Canada for so many years. Some people never learn. They're both scrubs now anyway!

justasportsfan
04-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Rob Johnson showed his true colors when he took a shot at the City of Buffalo. That's worse than acting like a teen-ager. The B1tch should've shut his mouth up after we made him a multi-millionaire for doing nothing.

He may have not taken a shot at Flutie but he sure said some things about his OL. His father was an idiot as well.

Bert102176
04-24-2004, 12:15 PM
I was thinking he acted more like a 5 year old when I saw it

Bert102176
04-24-2004, 12:16 PM
and Mel was saying that Losman would be a huge project

TacklingDummy
10-20-2005, 02:39 PM
and Mel was saying that Losman would be a huge project

Damn, looks like Mel knew something afterall.