PDA

View Full Version : before they start the draft tomorrow

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Before the draft tomorrow the NFL should have a 5 min. rememberance of Pat Tillman and have his family there and have them talk about Tillman and why he decided to give up his career to join the Army Rangers. and have a picture of him in a frame in the middle of the stage.

:nasa: :usa: :cry: :patriot: :yankee:

Thank You Tillman for defending us off and on the Field

DraftBoy
04-23-2004, 05:37 PM
agreed

RedEyE
04-23-2004, 05:39 PM
I think we will be hearing about it every game this season.

Bled2Hen
04-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Agreed as well. It would have made a great story if he were to make it back. This guy is a true soldier, and a hero at that. God Bless Pat Tillman!

Novacane
04-23-2004, 06:04 PM
I would hope they at the very least have a moment of silence

HenryRules
04-23-2004, 06:10 PM
In a way I hope they do, but in a way I hope they don't.

Tillman didn't seem to seek any publicity about going over or anything like that and it seemed that he wanted to be treated just like anyone else over there. Make a comment about everyone over there, but I don't want it to turn into a big event because I don't think that's what he would have wanted, and that's the most important thing when choosing to honor him.

Big M
04-23-2004, 06:48 PM
They should take 5 minutes to remember all the dead from the war. Other Careers and families were sacrificed also. Tillman didn't think he was better than anyone else.

Dozerdog
04-23-2004, 07:27 PM
I'm sure he wil be remembered early and often.

Bob Kalsu will welcome him to God's football team

shelby
04-23-2004, 07:31 PM
:(

Philagape
04-23-2004, 08:01 PM
The Cardinals should retire his number.

Novacane
04-23-2004, 08:03 PM
I was watching around the horn today and those guys thought he should be put in the hall of fame. What do you all think about that?

ZacGriffi~82
04-23-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
The Cardinals should retire his number.

They should at least have a display dedicated to him.

HenryRules
04-23-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
I was watching around the horn today and those guys thought he should be put in the hall of fame. What do you all think about that?

I say no. The hall of fame recognizes football talent, not personal character. Maybe honor him in some way, but he was not in the category of Jim Kelly as a football player.

Look, the guy was a <b>great</b> individual. But he was not a hall of fame football player. This tragedy should not be turned into a publicity stunt which is exactly what putting him in the hall would be.

ZackDolphins
04-23-2004, 08:12 PM
Pat Tillman. RIP.

LtBillsFan66
04-23-2004, 08:14 PM

Maybe for brave service outside of football or something...

Was he a great safety? If he wasn't a HOF safety, he should not go in as a player per se.

The_Philster
04-23-2004, 09:11 PM

No...but they should definitely have something there as a remembrance of him like they do with Kalsu.

Mr. Miyagi
04-23-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Bob Kalsu will welcome him to God's football team
God has a football team? What's it called and who does it play against?

http://anaheim.angels.mlb.com/images/masthead/ana_logo_primary.gif vs. http://www.newjerseydevils.com/2004/html/home/images/2004_final_03.gif :naughty: