BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

Tillman's #40 to be retired...

Here's a link... http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pre...s.php?sid=1880

-Bill
  • BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Sep 2003

Cardinals are finally a class organization in my eyes!!!

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Sep 2003

i have more respect for tillman than any pro athlete i ever seen

Comment

• Hermanator21
        Bleed Red, White, and Blue
        • Mar 2004

I have the upmost respect for Pat Tillman aswell. I hope the NFL will make every team wear #40 on the back of there helmets. My prayers are with him.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
          • Apr 2003

while i agree with everyone wanting to give him credit and all, id be reluctant to retire his jersey considering if he had a choice in the matter today, he surly would not want any more publicity or honors than any other fallen soldier.

im only 17 and i can honestly say that pat tillman is my first true american hero
          the dude abides

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
            while i agree with everyone wanting to give him credit and all, id be reluctant to retire his jersey considering if he had a choice in the matter today, he surly would not want any more publicity or honors than any other fallen soldier.
            I agree totally! He definitely wouldn't want that. Heck, he never wanted to be interviewed, because it takes away from the many soldiers who also lose their lives fighting for their country.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Cards Honor Pat Tillman

The Arizona Cardinals today announced the plaza surrounding the perimeter of the new Cardinals Stadium, scheduled to open in 2006 in Glendale, will be named “Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza.”

“Pat exhibited the finest qualities of humanity—loyalty, integrity, and excellence—and we are honored to show our appreciation to this citizen soldier,” offers Cardinal President Bill Bidwill. “The plaza will be open 365 days a year as an interactive
              exhibit to celebrate American freedom and Pat’s legacy.

We will coordinate efforts with the City of Glendale and the Tourism and Sports Authority to make this a reality.”
              more
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• shelby
                The Vanilla *****
                • Jul 2002

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                  Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

While I applaud all the efforts of recognition of Pat Tillman, because he truly deserves it, I don't understand why the Cardinals never gave him a spit worth of attention until he was dead. He surely was a hero before he died.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

The back room in an office in Arlington, Texas, is the place where game-used jerseys are momentarily stored until they're brought to the cutting room. The jerseys are then diced and sliced into little squares that are attached to Donruss cards.

In the past three years, more than 20,000 jerseys have left the room ... and yet Pat Tillman's Arizona Cardinals jersey, one that arrived in the room shortly after the 2000 season, never made it out.

Monday, it was found lying in the very same place where a company official put it more than three years ago.

Jersey found
                    Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                      Cardinals are finally a class organization in my eyes!!!
                      It's a great and classy move but it didn't take a brain surgeon to do the obvious...the Cards still suck...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        ...the Cards still suck...
                        and as long as Bidwell is in charge, they'll remain that way.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Cntrygal
                          Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                          • Jul 2002

Did either of you read the jersey link?
                          Originally posted by notacon
                          The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                            While I applaud all the efforts of recognition of Pat Tillman, because he truly deserves it, I don't understand why the Cardinals never gave him a spit worth of attention until he was dead. He surely was a hero before he died.
                            Pat Tillman did not want and refused any attention for his actions. He did not grant a single interview, even as the press camped outside his base where he trained.

They were following Pat Tillman's wishes.

Comment

• BlueFire
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

im only 17 and i can honestly say that pat tillman is my first true american hero
                              I'm 19 and I agree 100% with that statement.

Comment

Working...
                              X